Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Boss

The AC Slayer Q-n-A Thread

Prrraaactice is all I can say.

Slayer is the kind of character that doesn't get many chances to do combos at high level play, so you've really gotta make them count.

Of course you practice but a hint in the right direction or a trick would just make the it so much easier. I wish I could talk to the guy who made this!

Crosswise Heel → j.K → j.D-2K → j.K → land → c.S/P [JC] j.K-2K → j.K [JC] dj.K-2K → dj.D im having problems landing the first 2k after j.d ..i can get it a coupletimes but seems like im late doing 2k and it doesnt come out and im landed on the ground.. i guess any tips?

The 2K after the j.D is always tough because of the height. As Zaido says, you have to do it at max height (and sometimes you can't even connect it then). Also know that you can 5HS or BBU after Crosswise Heel against most character for an easier setup. Something like... Crosswise Heel -> 5HS -> j.2K -> j.K -> [jc] j.S -> j.2K -> j.D ...etc, depends on height.

I didn't know you could follow up Crosswise with 5h, though I guess that makes sense since it can be followed by c.S. I did know about the BBU, but that's still good info.

The 2K after the j.D is always tough because of the height. As Zaido says, you have to do it at max height (and sometimes you can't even connect it then). Also know that you can 5HS or BBU after Crosswise Heel against most character for an easier setup. Something like...

Crosswise Heel -> 5HS -> j.2K -> j.K -> [jc] j.S -> j.2K -> j.D ...etc, depends on height.

yeah i usally stick with that one you recomended due to i know ill be able to pull it off

Also know that you can 5HS or BBU after Crosswise Heel against most character for an easier setup.

it works on non-lights only. so, all of the guys, ABA, and not Bridget.

i am assuming you all are saying Crosswise on grounded opponnents and not against airbore? also added factor of counter hit on 2nd hit or not etc... and i also want to add that for me i rarely hit grounded people with crosswise :/... its mostly on airbore fools :V

Well the reason there's so little information on Crosswise is because the Japanese steer clear of it haha. I've seen it rarely used. If they are too high then I go ahead and just j.K to get them.

It's rarely used in japan simply because the opponent never gives jp SL's the option to do it. It's completly viable here in America and prorates less. Hell, I still use it to reset pilebunker loop in the corner if they burst.

the reward factor for Crosswising Hitting or getting Blocked etc.. imo... is not the greatest shit in the world... only time i ever used it was i predict they gona do some like jump airdash over me crap and do it early so i hit them in the nuts :V... but other then that.. its lol...:3

well, its not a bad move... like it has alot of Upper invincibility, its pretty fast... and its a great anti air cause it is 2 hits :o... but... i just nvr really got it to work with me too well.. so i tend to ignore the move.. unless my finger slip and i push the button by accident while i am danding... XD... haha... or i am out of option and do that dandy RC jH!!! lol MIX UP!!!

Yeah it's pretty good anti air. Doesn't come up much but if you do dandy and someone jumps at you, it's pretty much free. Also everyone ever gets counter hit by Crosswise RC j.H, lol. I don't really do it that often though, too unsafe really outside of using it as a reactionary anti air >_<

Also everyone ever gets counter hit by Crosswise RC j.H, lol.

There's a sad truth behind this statement.

I've hit way too many people with that. :psyduck:

Also everyone ever gets counter hit by Crosswise RC j.H, lol.

LOL! I hate that it's true! I actually beat Marn thanks to that. lol Given though, it was casuals and (thank god) he wasn't playing his Eddie (he was Jam)... but seriously, room went silent then everybody bust out laughing. He proceeded to beast me in the next match.

I ve managed to bdc bite and undertow and dot, but curious why is the motion different for these types of motion versus just quarter circle. I mean your doing a totally diffrent motion. I would have never figured it out "TIGER KNEEING" the move. Im not sure how it even qualifies as the definition of being tiger knee'd please explain if its not too much to ask, just curious.

I ve managed to bdc bite and undertow and dot, but curious why is the motion different for these types of motion versus just quarter circle. I mean your doing a totally diffrent motion. I would have never figured it out "TIGER KNEEING" the move. Im not sure how it even qualifies as the definition of being tiger knee'd please explain if its not too much to ask, just curious.

What? (Sorry, that was a bit confusing.)

TK input involves the use of 7 and 9. When bdc biting, you do a 663214"7", just like if you were bdc mappa - 66236"9".

Do you even need to bdc undertow and dot? Honestly, the advantages of bdcing are very subtle...I would work on Slayer's other aspects before dabbling in stuff like this.

I know that its subtle but i still wanted to know, while a go someone told me the input was 6321447 for bite see its a "diffrent motion" and it still works. I was just curious thats all. Its like your doing the move first and then back dashing/jump canceling. Try it you'll see. Just curious if you did bdc undertow wouldnt that be like super super armor or something. Of course you would want to bdc dot. Uh reversal purposes i mean.............:eng101:

the super armour isn't so hot, but i guess it has its uses. also Esayah you are writing Forward Dash Cancel stuff, not Back Dash Cancel :x

the super armour isn't so hot, but i guess it has its uses.

also Esayah you are writing Forward Dash Cancel stuff, not Back Dash Cancel :x

Oh yea, my bad. I just threw up random examples for TKing without even thinking.

EDIT: as for undertow...I don't see it around often. It's kinda cool to throw out once in a while, it kicks ass in the mirror, it hella cranks guard meter, the animation covers your next move, but it's still slow, awkward, and short-ranged.