Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Boss

The AC Slayer Q-n-A Thread

That Slayer player didn't do the airdash but you could do: ~ (hold up) d x 3 -> airdash (66) -> falling j.h -> land 236D -> etc. Probably doesn't answer the question but oh well :v:

http://www.strokethebigtree.com/rtl_s_movies/AC_Slayer/vs%20JA/Thawitide/

The end of the 2nd round between Karashima and Vamp is the combo I'm talking about. I'd link to a video of the other, but I can't exactly remember where it is.

This one I linked might not be an id combo, I dunno.

If i remember this vid, it should be a Slayer vs Jam right?

5d jdx3 DOUBLE JUMP jhs land BBU

Niga's Impossible Dust on Koichi

5d jd Double Jump jhs land etc.

Discuss.

Yeah for real... I hardly ever use it at all. Too easy to see. Just [D] 2H! Do that at least twice and then regular D is free. Jack the GG a bit too and the dmg is good.

ok so

I saw a few videos with slayers doing dust combos and I'm ASSUMING they're imposs. dust ones, because of the way they continue.

corner v jam

dust -> dx3 -> fall -> j.hs -> land -> bbu

and another one that was a variation of that.

Can someone explain to me the imposs. dust thing? I've read the explanation on it, and yet I don't understand. You hit them as close to the 29th frame as possible, right? So that means -basically-, you hit them asap when you leave the ground? Guh, someone explain. I've got a copy of ac now and I can now go into training mode ^__________________________^

though I know dust isn't often used...

The 29th frame you're referring to is not ASAP off the ground. Try messing around in training mode with one-hit IDs -- stuff like 5D -> homing jump -> FD flicker/double jump -> j.K/j.H/Footloose journey. Look for that 29th frame.

Anyways, others have already answered your original question about the ID combo, but the full combo transcription would be:

5D -> [8] D-D-D ]8[ -> 9 (forward double jump) -> falling j.H, then land.

the [8] means hold up; the ]8[ means release up.

Better yet don't use dusts ;(

what about the path of least resistance?

5D BETTER hit..., cause if guarded its like free combo for opponent :V.. but using it as a fake for liek 90 percent and use that 10 percent to throw out the real deal might be a good strat? i ono :V... i am used to doing the 5D -> 3x jD -> airdash jH ->5H super jump combo but if soemtime i am doing it on a character i am having a hard time i might just do a much simpler one where i do 5D->3x jD -> airdash jD xx j2k->jK->land 5s air combo to knockdown :X...

6K leads to more dmg if you have 25% or opponent is cornered. If you are mid-screen and have no tension 5D will net far more dmg.

i will just say, that anything that wil work, just use it... who cares if it sucks, if you can make it work and get it to hit.. hell go for it! 6K is probalby safer in all the situations compared to 5D...but 5D -> Impossible dust to-> Pile Bunker loop is by far ouch... XD...

Sometimes its hillarious when ur 5D trades with their like 2P or 2K or seomthign and you score a counter hit.. "HEY FREE IMPOSSIBLE DUST!!!"

Though my last post may have implied I'm intent on learning d combos, I'm not. I was just wondering how to do them since if I land a dust I wanna try to get some decent damage out of it. Anyways, my new question is = why can't I get this combo 2k - 2hs - bbu - 5hs, j~ad, ad.d - j.2k - j.k, land, c.s- fs, j.k, j.2k, j.d on Ky? It's giving me an ulcer trying to get it. The part that I'm having problems with is the c.s -> f.s, a lot of the time the f.s just whiffs and the dummy techs. Am I supposed to delay something somewhere? Like delay the ad.d or SOMETHING? Ugh. Help? :kitty: Edit: I can get the 'normal' variation [the one that requires the c.s] on those that it can be done on. This variation however is giving me trouble. -.-

its cause your timing of the jK hit height & Distance are probably a little far or too high, i believe it has to be at a specific height and distance when you can hit the c.S->f.S sometimes there is also problem of them teching reallly fast after you hit a c.S->f.S and they tech before ur jK hits too.. but you can always try to add in a jP-jK to try to remedy that.. as for the S, its probably the height issue and distance.

Yeah, the problem is with the landing j.K. But don't worry about it now, you can still only hit c.S JC etc, and give up on the f.S, and it will only do like 6 dmg less.

Though my last post may have implied I'm intent on learning d combos, I'm not. I was just wondering how to do them since if I land a dust I wanna try to get some decent damage out of it.

Anyways, my new question is = why can't I get this combo

2k - 2hs - bbu - 5hs, j~ad, ad.d - j.2k - j.k, land, c.s- fs, j.k, j.2k, j.d

on Ky? It's giving me an ulcer trying to get it. The part that I'm having problems with is the c.s -> f.s, a lot of the time the f.s just whiffs and the dummy techs. Am I supposed to delay something somewhere? Like delay the ad.d or SOMETHING? Ugh. Help? :kitty:

Edit: I can get the 'normal' variation [the one that requires the c.s] on those that it can be done on. This variation however is giving me trouble. -.-

Don't do f.S. Just c.S into j.S or j.K

So it's the timing of the j.k right before the relaunching c.s that's messing things up? I guess I should mess with the timing then.. though the window you can j.k at seems to be small. Also, I think it's mainly the distance being a problem, sometimes I get that f.s rather than c.s [and f.s whiffs] at first, so I guess I gotta mess with it more. x_____________x

No, stop working on that combo now, and practice other things. It's pretty pointless right now, since it will take you quite some time to get that right, time that you can spend on other, more important things, like BDC mappa/bite, BD on wakeup, your mixup game and stuff like that, don't "waste" your time on being able to do like 6 extra damage on three characters.

Well, after spending some time in training mode, I've gotten the combo down [dropped the f.s]. Heheh. For BDC mappa/bite - mappa in particular, are you supposed to flicker before slayer does the punch? I can't seem to get rid of it, probably my motions are too sloppy. And bdc bite I can't do. T__________T

For BDC mappa/bite - mappa in particular, are you supposed to flicker before slayer does the punch? I can't seem to get rid of it, probably my motions are too sloppy. And bdc bite I can't do. T__________T

for BDC you have to tigerknee the move:

mappa punch: 442369+K/P

Bite: 6321447+HS

hope it helps.

Well, after spending some time in training mode, I've gotten the combo down [dropped the f.s]. Heheh.

For BDC mappa/bite - mappa in particular, are you supposed to flicker before slayer does the punch? I can't seem to get rid of it, probably my motions are too sloppy. And bdc bite I can't do. T__________T

if you do it quickly enough, you won't see him flicker, but you will always hear the "flicker" sound.

if you're not sure about whether you're doing it right (because you're doing it too quickly), turn off the BGM and voices, and crank the Sound FX.