Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Boss

The AC Slayer Q-n-A Thread

last i remember Pot can Grab Slayer for Free when he dandy's though :/... last i remember everytime i dandy it was like VRRR... OH WTF I AM IN HIS "POTEMKIN BUSTAAHHHH!!!"

if you do the slash follow up aren't you unthrowable? Though Im guessing a good pot good throw you before that....

well i know Pot can grab you right when when ur dandy starts up, so its like free for him, if you manage to get Its Late out, he can just backdash that and Pot buster anyways... but the thing i learned was Dandy on Pot was usually unsafe :/.. and i died pretty horribly for trying, unless its like against slide head then, i can dandy through it before and Pile bunker him for free but, chances are yea...

I'm not saying do random dandy steps that beg for potbuster.. I'm saying do BDC dandy on reaction to Potemkin's big burly ass moves. They are all mostly active for more than 6 frames so regular dandy will get hit, but BDC dandy will not. Also, isn't it true that BDC moves cannot be thrown?

I couldn't find if this question was asked before, but what are the proper ways to get out of eddie "unblockables" (if there are any proper ways :vbang:)? I'm guessing BDC 1f FD jump, p/k d-step frc, 236236H(:gonk:) and backdash are the only escape tools we have, but what tool do we use for each specific unblockable?

I couldn't find if this question was asked before, but what are the proper ways to get out of eddie "unblockables" (if there are any proper ways :vbang:)?

I'm guessing BDC 1f FD jump, p/k d-step frc, 236236H(:gonk:) and backdash are the only escape tools we have, but what tool do we use for each specific unblockable?

wouldn't your question be best asked in the MATCH UP thread? for Slayer vs Eddie?

I couldn't find if this question was asked before, but what are the proper ways to get out of eddie "unblockables" (if there are any proper ways :vbang:)?

I'm guessing BDC 1f FD jump, p/k d-step frc, 236236H(:gonk:) and backdash are the only escape tools we have, but what tool do we use for each specific unblockable?

just like Zaido said, you're better off asking this kind of specific question in the Eddie match-up thread. this thread is for general Q&A stuff.

well i know Pot can grab you right when when ur dandy starts up, so its like free for him, if you manage to get Its Late out, he can just backdash that and Pot buster anyways...

but the thing i learned was Dandy on Pot was usually unsafe :/.. and i died pretty horribly for trying, unless its like against slide head then, i can dandy through it before and Pile bunker him for free but, chances are yea...

If you do a meaty/meaty-ish It's late and he backdashes and tries to pot buster anyways, you still have time to dandy away again, backdash, or jump.

Also, isn't it true that BDC moves cannot be thrown?

If you do the BD part when they're trying to throw you, then the BDC move will be fine obviously. If you just BDC something, and their throw input came after you cancelled the BD, then you will be thrown. BDCing on response to a throw is fine;BDCing at the wrong time can get you thrown.

So what colors/outfits do you guys like? I think reload HS is the best ( :lol: )

EDIT: Why did I not know about this? :kitty:

obviously HS regular.... Even though I know its the most hated one out of all the colors he has.... but still that one is the best. Also are you guys refering to mcdonalds slayer? such a better color than that blue shit they replaced it with in Slash... otherwise known as omg crayola puked on me slayer.

ross: you mean, the colour that Zaido and I use? it's:

http://www.dustloop.com/forums/member.php?u=2903

http://www.dustloop.com/forums/member.php?u=3454

mechanica uses the bright bright pink one lol

alternatively, you could check the link in mechanica's post, but damn that site takes a long time to finish loading, that's terrible site design if you ask me.

honestly i think the worst colour in AC is regular K (sorry kugler), such a weird shade of pink imo. (is it fuchsia?)

lol colour palette discussion. that reminds me, i actually wrote up my own "costume tier lists" for #R and / a while ago, i wonder if i still have those somewhere...

no I was talking about the color I use...... And the crayola puke was slash HS I believe. And mcdonald's slayer is one of the reload pallete's but I forget which one.

WHAT THE HELL IS WRONG WITH JAMAICAN SLAYER!!!! in the ((sj.hs>sj.d>sj.j2k)) aircombo im havin issues gettin the sj.k to relaunch. am i supposed to omit the sj.k and go straight in to relaunch or is my timing just off cause i cant get either to work?

WHAT THE HELL IS WRONG WITH JAMAICAN SLAYER!!!!

in the ((sj.hs>sj.d>sj.j2k)) aircombo im havin issues gettin the sj.k to relaunch. am i supposed to omit the sj.k and go straight in to relaunch or is my timing just off cause i cant get either to work?

Its the timing..or probably you or your opp arent in the right height when doing the combo

WHAT THE HELL IS WRONG WITH JAMAICAN SLAYER!!!!

in the ((sj.hs>sj.d>sj.j2k)) aircombo im havin issues gettin the sj.k to relaunch. am i supposed to omit the sj.k and go straight in to relaunch or is my timing just off cause i cant get either to work?

I don't know I like that color alot... but everyone else seems to hate it.

Sounds like incorrect height or you superjump canceled to late to me.

Okay I've been a relative long time lurker but this particular item has been frustrating me and I'd like to hear some advice on it. Combo's that involve an IAD j.k x 2 into 5HS relaunch. (BBU, 5HS, IAD, J.k J.k land 5HS etc... ) How the fuck do you do 2x kicks? Is there some memo I haven't received?

you just hit jK asap during ur airdash for first hit, then hit the 2nd hit as ur falling. its actually not as hard as it looks once you know the timing :V... but that shit only work on SO many characters and options... and you have to do varient stuff

you just hit jK asap during ur airdash for first hit, then hit the 2nd hit as ur falling.

its actually not as hard as it looks once you know the timing :V... but that shit only work on SO many characters and options... and you have to do varient stuff

Is there any chance you could elaborate on "variant" stuff. Mostly I'm interested in learning that kind of combo for either DOT FRC bullshit or to fucking stuff Potemkin in his ugly face.

P.S. Potemkin is a lamer

there are 3 varients which i beleive are varients because of timing, you have the IAD jK jK you have the Jump Airdash jK jK and you have the SUPER JUMP Airdash jK jK (this height can be different due to air dash timing after super jump) basically there are those 3 difference most heavy weights or big hit boxed characters can get hit by a single rep or 2 of iad jK jK some medium might need to be Super Jump Airdash jK jK, or light weights or some just need a normal jump iad jK jK and can work now not every character can get a 5H to hit all the time, sometimes you have to do a 2S and do a different ender but those are up to see how fast you can tell if they are in the right height or not since some characters are pretty decieving hit boxes.