Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Kiba

[CSE] Valkenhayn vs Valkenhayn

Discuss the Valk matchup here.

Punishes:

Anti-airing:

Zoning:

Their game plan:

Strategy:

Char specific details:

Punishes:

Anti-airing:Same as strategy, use either Nacht Jager, or Rozen to get around/under them to punish.

Zoning:

Their game plan:

Strategy: From my few experiences with Val vs. Val, ive managed to see that because youve got the same moveset as them, its quite possible to make them waste their wolf meter on you. If you know what your doing, you can bob and weave through their attacks because youve got the same moveset, and know what to expect. So just rush around/through their attacks. EX. They try and do a w[214A] in midair to quickly reach you, i found that Nacht Jager [236A] works well for dodging, because once your past them, you can instantly D1-9 cancel from it, putting you in a position to punish, and its fast enough that its hard to dodge unless they're a seasoned player vs. other Vals. Another example i have would be If you manage to do the above counter, Im a fan of 5AAA, 5B, 236B, 236B, 6C, 5AA, and ending with 236D. This does a fair amount of damage, and then for your troubles, the 236D refills your wolf gauge completely, allowing you to go straight back to wolf, and 3C, 5D to hit the ground first/fast and allow you to continue the offense, leaving them few choices to really counter you. You can substitute a few of the moves, like instead of 236B, 236B, its possible for 236B, 236A, putting you in about the same place, but changeing up the game a bit, and stopping you from moving too far up-screen so you cant see what your doing.

Char specific details:

Hope this helped, the combos i talked about also work on 90% of the roster, i avoid fighting tager, lambda, and mu so i dont know much on them.