Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Kiba

[CSE] Valkenhayn vs Carl

Discuss the Carl matchup here.

Punishes:

Anti-airing:

Zoning:

Their game plan:

Strategy:

Char specific details:

2C > 6B after a corner wolf grab will not work, second hit on 6B will whiff on Carl. Instead, opt for 2C > 6C.

Ive been having a real hard time vs Carl lately, my problem is not getting in, but rather mix him up on wake-up, because he always blocks something and he just holds upback and then calls nirvana etc, also his normals beat mine upclose so my pressure is really limited, idk what to do vs him at all.

You're having trouble using mix up? Refer to this. You gave a ton of options at your disposal, and he shouldn't have an easy time blocking your stuff. :( That or, the player may just be really good. Remember you have a command grab, and later on if they begin to start jumping on their wakeup in a means to avoid it, you have w[5B], and even if that's blocked, you can continue wolf pressure.

Just remember that Carl's Vivace is head and body (and projectile but irrelevant in this MU) invulnerable, so be sure to mix it up with moves that have foot attritube such as 2B, 3C and 2C (which goes into a ton of damage)

Iunno, I don't play the poke game with Carl, I'd rather catch him with the wolf, send him to the corner, and then just eliminate him there.

You can mash 2b 3c or 2c all you want but you're better of using wolf state to get in since it goes right through ada and ja and a itself can be a pain to deal with. Carl can ja spam you out of wolf form though so don't get too confident or you'll just get trolled. Be careful of 8d and 4d as they and make valk vulnerable. Also don't play the poking game against carl unless you have them cornered without ada

I'm sure anyone with experience on this matchup knows but 2C > 6B after a corner wolf grab will not work, second hit on 6B will whiff on Carl.

Hello Wolfpeoples :P

Just wanted to gather your opinions on the neutral game of this matchup. What do you like/don't like to do during neutral?