Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Troll Badguy

The Brain Box (Boston, Massachusetts and parts of New England) Thread

The Brain Box

5$ Venue Fee for an unlimited day pass, 50$ for a 3 month unlimited pass, your day passes can add up to a 3 month pass if you so choose.

Brain Box Gaming Center

383 Centre St.

Boston, MA 02130(Jamaica Plain near Jackson Square T station)

(347) 278-7314

Schedule:

Monday: 10am - 8pm

Tuesday: 10am- 10pm

Wednesday 7-midnight (Fight Night)

Thursday 10am-10pm (NEW: Anime Fight Night)

Friday (Isn't listed on SRK but is probably from 10am-10pm) (Fight Night)

Saturday 4:30 - 10pm

Sunday: NOON until 10pm

Games:

There are Xbox 360 multiple setups with AE and UMvC3 and one PS3 with BBCS:2 patched in.

I can bring a PS3 and PS2 with:

-Guilty Gear XX Accent Core

-BlazBlue Continuum Shift Extend

-King of Fighters XIII

-Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3

-Tekken 6

I do own a PS2>360 converter so I can play 360 games as well if people bring copies.

Directions: If you have access to MBTA then you would take the train until you are on the Orange Line, then ride it to Jackson Square. From there exit the train station and get on Centre St, keep walking that way and you should find it. Across from the venue is a bar and a pizzeria. The venue itself also sells drinks.

This is the main venue for Boston in my opinion because it's very easily accessible and it has the space to accommodate all of us. The regulars there are all welcoming as well, and look forward to us showing up and running our anime games. Once we have enough people showing up, I'd be happy to run BB, GG, KOF13, hell even MB and other games I may or may not play, and run pools and brackets and tournaments for us. However I will still post the information of other places to play games at.

Ultimate Gaming Spot

529 Providence Highway

Dedham, MA 02021

(857) 247-4180

$5 Venue Fee

Thursday and Saturday Fight Nights

All day passes available everyday as well for $5

Game Underground

1251 Worcester Rd. (Rte. 9)

Framingham, MA 01701

508-283-1503

Post your info and I'll put it on the first post so we can sort and organize ourselves and know what games we play.

Usable Template, note is optional/extra stuff:

Dustloop:

Handle:

PSN:

XBL:

Name:

Games: GG[], BB[], KOF13[], MB[], T6[], UMvC3[]

Note:

Players

Dustloop:Troll Badguy

Handle:Troll Badguy

PSN:TrollBadguy

XBL:Troll Badguy

Name:Luis

Games(listed in order of how much I know in the game):GG[sol,Order Sol], BB[Ragna], KOF13[Clark,Kyo,Iori], MB[Nanaya Shiki], T6[King], UMvC3[Magneto,Dante,Doctor Doom]

Note: You can PM me on Dustloop if you want my cell incase you need info or need to reach me.

Dustloop: Meishu

Handle: Meishu

PSN: MeishuPanda

XBL: None

Name: Amber

Games: GG[Millia], BB[Lambda], KOF13[Athena, Yuri, Kula]

dustloop-capsuletoyco

xbl/psn-capsuletoyco

aim-capsuletoyco

real name tim

games- blazblue (ragna, jin, hazama, soon relius) ssf4 (ryu, yun) umvc (vergil, wesker, dante, trish) gg-(sol, ky) i don't play gg much, but i'm willing to learn more. sengoku basara x (masmune date, usuegi kenshin) again haven't played it much but it's my favorite fighting game next to bb

Dustloop: Dread

Handle: Dread/Sinder

XBL:Dreadmaniac

Name:Kei

Games: GG[Zappa, Testament], BB[Carl, Rachel, Valk, Arakune], KOF13[benimaru, Elisabeth, Vice], MB[?], T6[no], UMvC3[MODOK Dr strange] Tatsunoko vs capcom[Doronjo, morrigan]

Note:

Dustloop: The Katz

Handle: Katz

PSN: Pile_bunkah

XBL: Netplay Tactics

Name: Andrew

Games: (In order of preferred) GG[Zappa], MB[C-Neko Arc Chaos, H-Mech and Neko], KOF13[Kula, Vice, Clark], BB[Litchi, Ragna], T6[Yoshimitsu (don't play much)], UMvC3[This is a game? The Knicks, or Shuma-Gorath, Jill, and Rocket Raccoon]

Note: At the moment I don't have a car or anyone else to drive me the hour out and back, so it'll be awhile before I start showing up. :(

Dustloop: xntrikcat

Handle: xntrikcat

PSN: xntrikcat

XBL: Do not own.

Name: T

Games:BB (Mu-12), haven't played much else. Would be willing to learn KoF13. Want to stay the hell away from SF/MvC.

Dustloop: Airk

Handle: Airk :P

PSN: None at this time

XBL: Quietwraith

Name: Mike

Games: BB[Tsubaki]

Note: I might be willing to try KoF or Arcana Heart 3, but mostly I'm trying to focus on BB right now in an effort to not completely suck.

Dustloop: CrownEmpress

Handle:CrownEmpress, CaptainMarvelous, IWantMyHatBack

PSN: CrownEmpress

Name: Vergil (Yes, this is really my name. Same spelling and everything)

Games: GG[Don't practice anymore, Order Sol], BB[Don't play anymore, used to play Ragna], KOF13[K'/Kyo/Iori], UMvC3[Zero/Dante/Vergil], SCV [Pyrrha, Alpha Pat, Pat]

Note: Away at school in NY 90% of the time. Only shows up during Summer/Winter/Spring breaks, so I'll see most of y'all in March though I think I've met most of you before at some point.

Dustloop: Kaisukex

PSN: Kaisukex3

Name: Richard

Games: BB[Noel/Jin] GG[Ky] MB[F-Arc] AH3 [Akane/Saki]

Note: I play more fighting games, just ask me. lol

Dustloop: Scrubbedout

Handle: Scrubbing Bubbles

PSN:-

XBL:-

Name:Dylan

Games: BB[Litchi], P4U [Yukiko, Yu] , UMvC3[Taskmaster, Hawkeye, Dormammu]

Note: So I don't actually have a tv at the moment. Online is probably not going to be something I can do for a while.

Dustloop: Zahlzeit

Games: GG[Order-Sol], BB[Tager], MB[H-Aoko], UMvC3[Zero, Frank West, Phoenix Wright], P4U[Teddie, Kanji]

Note: I don't have a console so aside from Melty, I have to play everything at the center. You can post in the thread if you want matches and there will be a good chance that I can swing by at the end of the day.

Good stuff to everyone who showed up. BB and GG have become part of the main line-up at the venue.

Next Tournament Date: TBD

Updated 9/9/2012

i will definitely be making it out on the 4th. if it's possible to meet up with some of you guys before hand and travel there together that would be great because i don't know much outside of harvard square and the newburry st area. i usually just drive into alwife station and ride the train.

anyway, my info if anyone wants to play online or just get ahold of me

dustloop-capsuletoyco

xbl/psn-capsuletoyco

aim-capsuletoyco

real name tim

games- blazblue (ragna, jin, hazama, soon relius) ssf4 (ryu, yun) umvc (vergil, wesker, dante, trish) gg-(sol, ky) i don't play gg much, but i'm willing to learn more. sengoku basara x (masmune date, usuegi kenshin) again haven't played it much but it's my favorite fighting game next to bb

Eh, Saturday is Ranbats, I like those D:

Plus they open at 4:30 on Saturday and nobody really comes until 7 lol. Plus I get too tired to stay for breakfast club. I

If you're going to meet on Saturday, go at 5PM

I really want to go on friday though since I can have more casual time before the seriousness begins ( I hate Marvel, and I haven't touched Street fighter in months)

Btw, we forgot about tatsunoko vs capcom. I sold my wii, so yeah...... <_<

Dustloop: Dread

Handle: Dread/Sinder

Name:Kei

Games: GG[Zappa, Testament], BB[Carl, Rachel, Valk, Arakune], KOF13[benimaru, Elisabeth, Vice], MB[?], T6[no], UMvC3[MODOK Dr strange] Tatsunoko vs capcom[Doronjo, morrigan]

Note:

The idea of going Saturday really is to try and establish a Fight Night for anime games. I'd like to avoid Friday for personal reasons but I suppose I could go sometimes... I'll be going again tomorrow on Wednesday and I probably will decide to show up on another day that isn't Saturday. If you wanna meet up, then post up!

Dustloop: The Katz

Handle: Katz

PSN: Pile_bunkah

XBL: Netplay Tactics

Name: Andrew

Games: (In order of preferred) GG[Zappa], MB[C-Neko Arc Chaos, H-Mech and Neko], KOF13[Kula, Vice, Clark], BB[Litchi, Ragna], T6[Yoshimitsu (don't play much)], UMvC3[This is a game? The Knicks, or Shuma-Gorath, Jill, and Rocket Raccoon]

Note: At the moment I don't have a car or anyone else to drive me the hour out and back, so it'll be awhile before I start showing up. :(

anyone having a hard time reserving bb ex ? gamestop doesn't have it in their computers for ps3 or 360. just the vita version.

they took it out for some reason,but if you ask the employees to "hot sku" it, they should be able to, granted they aren't completely retarded. i'm an asm at one so don't let them tell you that you're wrong. say bitch pull up an f10 get the sku and manually enter that shit in.

katz, are you on the way to alewife station at all? i'm always willing to give someone a ride.

Valentine's day isn't that far away, we could just wait til it comes out stateside afterall. Anyone showing up to the venue tomorrow besides me?

Dustloop: xntrikcat

Handle: xntrikcat

PSN: xntrikcat

XBL: Do not own.

Name: T

Games: BB (Mu-12), haven't played much else. Would be willing to learn KoF13. Want to stay the hell away from SF/MvC.

My next couple Saturdays are booked atm. I can drop by on Feb. 11th. I made a commitment to go hiking every other Saturday, so I don't know how much I can participate. I live pretty close from the venue though (Brigham Circle area). Sunday works better for me tbh.

Valentine's day isn't that far away, we could just wait til it comes out stateside afterall. Anyone showing up to the venue tomorrow besides me?

yes and Im bringing my xbox set up even if you bring those damn converters because they have a tendency to create input lag

My next couple Saturdays are booked atm. I can drop by on Feb. 11th. I made a commitment to go hiking every other Saturday, so I don't know how much I can participate. I live pretty close from the venue though (Brigham Circle area). Sunday works better for me tbh.

It's not set in stone just yet, I picked Saturday out of the blue and just trying to get people to want to go to the venue and make an appearance really. We'll see how it goes after Feb 11th(that'll be another day I go to the venue for anyone wondering) though, then we'll see about trying to get a regular day.

katz, are you on the way to alewife station at all? i'm always willing to give someone a ride.

I live in Ware, so no. It's about an hour-and-a-half away, so unless you're feeling awfully generous...

Edit: I can pay for gas and stuff since I'm not completely poor.

Can't go this weekend either way, since N'Cheese lets me catch rides to CT casuals.

Dustloop: Airk

Handle: Airk :P

PSN: None at this time

XBL: Quietwraith

Name: Mike

Games: BB[Tsubaki]

Note: I might be willing to try KoF or Arcana Heart 3, but mostly I'm trying to focus on BB right now in an effort to not completely suck.

Edit: I should be able to make the 11th. I don't believe there are any competing plans currently.

Looks like we're getting hype in here for some BB. We'll be playing CS2 on 360/PS3 (bring a 360 copy as there isn't one there at the venue iirc). I'll ask the management to make sure the venue's open on the 11th(there was some trouble yesterday) so we can get stuff started finally! If we get at least 8 players, I'll do a free entry tourney, and possibly give 20$ to the winner, let's see some attendance on the 11th!

I can be persuaded to bring an Xbox copy of CS, as long as there is 'net access to download the CS2 patch, 'cause I am NOT going back to CS1 Tsubaki. :P

i can bring an xbox with cs2 if needed

and airk i didn't know you lived in mass, that's funny considering we play on occasion and are on each others xbl friends list

That's for the Xbox players though. Would definitely not be a bad idea to bring a 360 with CS2 patched. We don't have a console standard just yet, but this is free entry so it shouldn't pose a threat. I'm primarily PS3 and if I had my PS3 I'd bring that as a setup. We'll work on all the specifics afterwards. The 11th looks like it'll be a pretty decisive day. Just make sure you can all show up and then we can get all the hype and really get things going. Also yes, there is net access, I got BBCS2 downloaded on to the only ps3 the other day.

i can bring an xbox with cs2 if needed

and airk i didn't know you lived in mass, that's funny considering we play on occasion and are on each others xbl friends list

I sortof figured you couldn't be -too- far away, considering we always have a decent connection. ;)

That's for the Xbox players though. Would definitely not be a bad idea to bring a 360 with CS2 patched. We don't have a console standard just yet, but this is free entry so it shouldn't pose a threat. I'm primarily PS3 and if I had my PS3 I'd bring that as a setup. We'll work on all the specifics afterwards. The 11th looks like it'll be a pretty decisive day. Just make sure you can all show up and then we can get all the hype and really get things going. Also yes, there is net access, I got BBCS2 downloaded on to the only ps3 the other day.

i'm used to bringing an entire set up to where ever i go to play, so it's not really a problem for me to bring an xbox or ps3. i have both and buy the same games on both. i play on xbox at home because the netplay is better, the timing is a bit different on ps3 but it takes a whole 5 minutes to adjust to that so whatever. i also have sticks for both.

also what time should we start showing up to this place, and does anyone want to meet up at harvard square or someplace to get some food before heading to the venue? i'm really only familiar with boston around the red and blue line.

There's a really godlike pizza place across the venue, along with a bar with an ATM in it (if you're into that thing) and apparently a Chinese food place 2 blocks up, so there's food there too. I should be arriving at the venue at 7:00-7:30.

i'm used to bringing an entire set up to where ever i go to play, so it's not really a problem for me to bring an xbox or ps3. i have both and buy the same games on both. i play on xbox at home because the netplay is better, the timing is a bit different on ps3 but it takes a whole 5 minutes to adjust to that so whatever. i also have sticks for both.

also what time should we start showing up to this place, and does anyone want to meet up at harvard square or someplace to get some food before heading to the venue? i'm really only familiar with boston around the red and blue line.

Hanging out in Harvard square at a restaurant on a Saturday is Hell