Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Troll Badguy

The Brain Box (Boston, Massachusetts and parts of New England) Thread

Just P4, I believe. Not enough people showing up to play BB. =/ (I think there were literally two of us last friday.)

P4 is 'hot' right now though.

If you guys keep it up it could potentially stay there. I could always try and convince Amar too, but that'll have to wait til I come back... I mean, P4 has been at Big Two over here in NY, it's really getting out there.

Is there going to be some more P4U stuff going on this Friday? I would totally show up if there were people who were going to be around for a bunch of the day.

I don't think there's going to be P4A going on "for a bunch of the day" - a lot of people have jobs that preclude them showing up at noon on a Friday.

That said, it is almost CERTAIN that there will be P4A going on Friday EVENING for several hours.

Sorry. I wasn't actually trying to be snarky at all. I just wanted to make it clear:

A) Friday during the day is probably not a good time to show up.

B) Why this is.

C) That I am pretty sure that P4A _will_ happen in the evening. I probably should've added that we're talking like 8pm here, so there's not actually all that much time left in the day at that point.

Actually, I can't even see how you read that as snarky. =/

you could have just given him a time to show up instead of spouting off about how people have jobs and obligations preventing them from being there at 12pm. mocking him with that quote didn't help either.

but i'll leave this alone.

you could have just given him a time to show up instead of spouting off about how people have jobs and obligations preventing them from being there at 12pm. mocking him with that quote didn't help either.

but i'll leave this alone.

There was no mockery. You are reading something that was not there.

I don't really see why it's rude to point out why I'm not there at noon.

It's fine I just have to decide if I really wanna travel or just stay home and netplay. Do people show on the weekends at all or is Friday usually the day for stuff to happen

Offline play is the best kind of play. You should go in person (if people are confirmed and probably when they aren't) because...

-You'll get to know the people in your scene and make new friends.

-You'll get advice and get to share knowledge with said people.

-You'll have fun while playing the games you (hopefully) love playing.

-You'll be able to compete for money one day in tournaments that will be run by me and or the management.

-You'll know what you're up against earlier than said tournament.

-You'll be able to show everyone why your waifu is better than everyone else's in the Mayonaka Arena you're the best there is.

Need more convincing!?

There's a lot to be said for playing in person. Mostly, it's just more fun.

On a related note: Right now, I think Friday is the day when people show up because Friday is the day when people show up, if that makes any sense. If you want people to come down and play on a different day, just say so (preferably with a bit of advance warning), and hopefully folks who are free that day will come out. It's organic.

Guess who's back in Boston from today on guys!

So what's up with you guys recently?

im in amherst~ 74 miles away from boston

bad news is my 360 destroyed my blazblue, so i need to install it using another disk

Same old, same old.

Playing P4A in story mode. :P

Wanted to ask who is around for stuff this Friday. I should be free.

Back in Boston too. So how does this work, can I pop in on any day of the week and play Persona casuals?

I've got no idea what kind of numbers of folks are in there playing P4 on random days, as I've only ever gone with express intent to meet up with people. It doesn't seem entirely implausible that what you describe would work, however.

I've got no idea what kind of numbers of folks are in there playing P4 on random days, as I've only ever gone with express intent to meet up with people. It doesn't seem entirely implausible that what you describe would work, however.

Does this place not have setups/arcade machines all the time or something?

Sure; There are setups there all the time. It's just a question of whether there will be people interested in playing P4A there all the time, which is a question I have no idea of the answer to.

Or, to put it another way: You're free to show up at any time, but it's possible that the people there at that time only want to play SF4/Marvel.

Looks like I should make a visit to Brain Box.... however I've yet to even begin to understand P4U so there's no telling how that'll go. I guess I'll show up Friday or try to anyway.

I'll also try and see how running tournaments is now and what's the population looking like.

@sinder Yo, damn.

Looks like I should make a visit to Brain Box.... however I've yet to even begin to understand P4U so there's no telling how that'll go. I guess I'll show up Friday or try to anyway.

I'll also try and see how running tournaments is now and what's the population looking like.

Yeah I think I'll show up again on Friday, I haven't fought any people who really played P4U over there.

Who do you use? I doubt P4U will be hard at all if you've played GG.

Yeah I think I'll show up again on Friday, I haven't fought any people who really played P4U over there.

Who do you use? I doubt P4U will be hard at all if you've played GG.

Looks like I'll pop in on Friday too.

I suck at P4A; I don't even have a main yet. Willing to screw around with it, or play BB, whatever.

Looks like I'll pop in on Friday too.

I suck at P4A; I don't even have a main yet. Willing to screw around with it, or play BB, whatever.

Don't you have the console version? Do you need help picking a main?

Yo I don't even play that game (P4U) or own a copy of it. Left my PS2 w/GG at home as well (since I have an ASUS now and that doesn't exactly work) since I was trying to buckle down for the semester. I also quit BB so... we'll see, I'll try and play stuff on PS3 though... my execution may be lacking a bit.

EDIT: I'll still try to show up though.

I do have the console P4A, but I've been playing through story mode and mostly still practicing BB. :P