Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Troll Badguy

The Brain Box (Boston, Massachusetts and parts of New England) Thread

What's up my fellow New Englanders?

I don't think anyone is still trying to make this happen at Game Over.

That's what I'm saying. I haven't found any gg players around here like that.. no one is down for a serious xrd session 

are you really in Randolph? like phsyically in there. I live in the city next to you. hit me up i know some people who play ggxrd who would love to play with others

they have monthly events at gameunderground sometimes that i go to. last time there was i think an  man xrd tournament. (still salty about my place)

I want something that's more dedicated to anime games than GU. Plus, I don't wanna go all the way to Natick.

then get one

Or people could like, mention it here. :P  But you don't want me anyway, I don't play Xrd, nor do I intend to start.

are you really in Randolph? like phsyically in there. I live in the city next to you. hit me up i know some people who play ggxrd who would love to play with others

holy fuck bro yeah i live in randolph. where do you live? Braintree? Brockton? Avon?? Im REALLY tryna do that. and yo lmaoooo youre that millia player i see online from time to time.. DEFINITELY need to get a session going

were all close to boston right? maybe would could do something next weekend maybe

I won't be able to for a few weeks anyhow. A monthly would be awesome I think. Hopefully we'd get a solid turnout and could make a good name for Boston.

someone post in the FB group. i want to try to get something this weekend happening in case someone is interested. i live near brockton about a 5 minute walk from it but i can drive and have a car. probably can't do this at my house btw

I won't be around this weekend, and I'm unavailable for a few Saturdays so Sunday will be the day for me.

Hi everyone. there is an event in Framingham that is hosting a fighting game tournament for games like SF4, UMVC3, GGXRD, and more. if you are interested in going please text me or contact me on twitter (@whitedeath_9999). I know I am personally driving and am going to boston and maybe Randolph to put people up, but I have some more spots in my car incase transportation is a trouble. thank you all and happy holidays! smile emoticon heart emoticon

the event is the 19th i think btw

OK guys, I made a Discord chat for anyone interested in chatting with the rest of us in the NE area. A monthly will begin in January in Boston. Check out the chat here: https://discord.gg/0fWopTJ9d0j5qoWE

We're also having a casual meetup Sunday December 6, at 6PM. Details are on the Facebook page or in the chat.

11 hours ago, UnStellar said:

Looking to relocate to Manchester, NH. Let's hope this thread ends my search.

if u are in the NE area we have an anime FB page and a Discord group

The next Boston Anime FGC monthly is coming up this Saturday at 2PM at Northeastern University. The details are on this event page: 

Round 1 down in Taunton now has Nesica cabs. I repeat: Taunton's Round 1 now has Nesica cabs - and BBCF.

Do not let the West Coast have  the advantage all the fun, so come by and play with us~

On 3/30/2016 at 11:00 AM, Epiren said:

Round 1 down in Taunton now has Nesica cabs. I repeat: Taunton's Round 1 now has Nesica cabs - and BBCF.

Do not let the West Coast have  the advantage all the fun, so come by and play with us~

I'll probably stop by next week. Hopefully people will play it

Hm, I never got why there's no scene in New England.  We have Boston!  Literally, we have Anime Boston and PAX ,but no airdashers?!

Anyways, I've finally gotten (some) free time, so I might try to get back into fighting games again.  Round 1 sounds great, but it's over an hour away.  Why did Gameover have to absorbed by Super Smash Bros?

You know, I just moved into an apartment complex in Allston/Brighton, and they have common rooms with couches and TVs that can be reserved for the night.  I could always see if I can reserve it for a club, and if so, we can possibly have something going on.  There's no subway service though; just buses and bikes.  Parking may be an issue.

Other than that, it looks like Taunton might be where we go. (Is there a scene there yet?)

On 6/5/2016 at 11:41 AM, Narroo said:

You know, I just moved into an apartment complex in Allston/Brighton, and they have common rooms with couches and TVs that can be reserved for the night.  I could always see if I can reserve it for a club, and if so, we can possibly have something going on.  There's no subway service though; just buses and bikes.  Parking may be an issue.

Other than that, it looks like Taunton might be where we go. (Is there a scene there yet?)

Nothing really anything established at Taunton, from the few times I've headed to Round 1 there were maybe one or two people playing BlazBlue. A lot of the time they're on SFIV or the other arcade games. But tbh we could probably set something up. I have yet to see the fighting game section there crowded