Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Troll Badguy

The Brain Box (Boston, Massachusetts and parts of New England) Thread

If there's interest, post here, I'll try to start something.  I know there's not much going on in the Boston Area. (I heard about something at Boston University, maybe?)

If I can't reserve the function rooms at my apartment complex, I know for a fact that I can reserve rooms somewhere else off the Green Line B.  Very slow though.  I think I'll PM Arik, and then we can figure out what's next.

Okay, so it seems that there IS a scene here:

I went last Saturday and there were 30+ people.  This is monthly.  Additionally, I'm told that there's a 2nd groups that meets weekly. 

To be fair, Northeastern is a pain in the rear to get to and the parking is $10 an hour, so commuters may have an issue.  That said, it's much better than nothing.

For the monthlies, try parking at the Renaissance Garage. Weekends are $8 for the entire day.

Also, I'm just trying to gauge interest - but for those in the surrounding states, would you be willing to enter a BBCF tournament at Round 1?

The BAFGC is hosting (with permission from the NUFGC) an Evo viewing party this Saturday at Northeastern University from 2pm to later. I think.

Essentially, it's just a casual session where we play games, watch the Evo streams, and generally have fun. It will also be a 'Learn to Anime' day, where we try to teach new players how to play anime games - most of the Boston and NUFGC players play SF predominantly, though they have expressed willingness to try out anime in the past.

So come and drop by if you're in the neighborhood~

https://www.facebook.com/events/997872216994994/

Next Boston Monthly is on the tenth btw

I also hold meet-ups for people that met me before IRL and stuff sometimes during the week.

On 2/4/2017 at 7:42 AM, sinder said:

Where at? Haven't seen your Tsubaki in years

Northeastern University, International Village. Downstairs. I forget the room number offhand. x.x

On 2/4/2017 at 7:42 AM, sinder said:

Where at? Haven't seen your Tsubaki in years

And uh, BB Starts at 4, apparently, so be there before then.

In case anyone's still interested in finding games in the region:

We have weekly casuals at Balance Patch in Boston every friday! It's very close to the green line Babcock St. station, and walking distance from Yawkey commuter rail station. https://www.facebook.com/events/146415135973483/

We're transitioning, but new monthly/regular events will be happening soon!

On 1/28/2018 at 2:22 PM, Arcus Diabolus said:

Rip, I live in the western mass area out by the Quabbin Reservoir, so thats a long drive.

Unsure if you're already acquainted, but there are a handful of strong players in Western Mass around the springfield area (Redblade Hakumen and Rychtor Bang)

22 minutes ago, Dolfy said:

Unsure if you're already acquainted, but there are a handful of strong players in Western Mass around the springfield area (Redblade Hakumen and Rychtor Bang)

I am not, actually. 

Are the weeklies at Balance Patch still happening? I crave offline matches.

Rather, if there aren't any meetups in Mass these days, anyone wanna start one?

Edit: Balance Patch weeklies ARE still happening, on Fridays as of the writing of this post.