Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Troll Badguy

The Brain Box (Boston, Massachusetts and parts of New England) Thread

It's a pain to park in Harvard Square... Not to mention, JP is supposed to have great food. You should just drive down to JP and get some grub there =P I'll join ya

I always park at alewife and ride the train that's the easiest for me.

Tek, we are going to get some games in, I need that mu experience since you are the only good one I've played.

Side note, I usually go to the venue every Saturday regardless of whether or not we have things planned out or not. I also bring all my PS3 fighters and GG+ 360 converter if one of you happens to come and play on 360 (you need the game though, I don't have my copy on me). Also capsuletoyco, any word on getting ping to go?

ping is forever a stay at home dude i guess. he doesnt like driving, and anytime i suggest it he's just like come to my place dude. that's ok though, i think with me there we'll have enough ragna players. lewis, if you have your ps3 back we should try to play some online matches

king of fighters patch is out and it has fix the usb controller problem and made online matches better. only problem is you can't select the dlc characters unless your controller has a select button(unlike my ps3 saturn pad).

The events start as early as 2PM apparently, but the tourney I'm going to try and host doesn't start til later so people can actually show up. As for what console I think we have equal amounts of PS3 and 360 players. We do have a ps3 with CS2 already so I'd say bring a 360. Hopefully by then I'll finally have my ps3 back (since it has all DLC)

Double post. So I want to say that this free entry BB tourney will start later on Saturday somewhere from maybe 6 or 7PM until it finishes. It'll be on the PS3 though because looking through this thread we are primarily PS3 players, but I haven't forgot about you 360 players either. Hopefully there are other PS3 pad players other than myself because then I can let you guys use my PS2>360 converter. Who's confirmed to go for Saturday then?

Tourney info is as follows:

-2o3 Rounds, 2o3 Games.

-Winners, Losers, and Grand Finals are 3o5 Games.

-Winner is character locked.

-Loser can change character.

-Unlimited characters are banned.

-Double Elimination.

Any further questions, you can reach me via PM or ask here.

show up early for casuals? if needed i can bring a ps3, i have all the dlc and what not. supply your own controllers though. also are we playing on hd monitors, need to know what cables to grab.

so i'm going to try to show up around 3, again i'm not too familiar with the area so i might end up taking the train in from alewife station, incase anyone wants to meet me somewhere along the way.

incase i need to drive to the venue, how is parking?

Parking probably won't be available since it'll be a busy time. You can park right outside the venue though, no problem, if there's a spot. I'm going via train so I will pass through Downtown Crossing if that's relevant to anyone going. Though I will be going early, at around 1PM or so.

So I hear it's supposed to snow tomorrow. If it gets too bad out I'll have to stay home since I live pretty far, but if the roads are good I'm there so sti count me in ATM.

Make sure you guys don't come TOO early

I would come around 4 to be safe, because on Saturday's, BB tends to open up at 6:30, even though they said 4 (but tomorrow they are opening "early" lol)

Amar (the head guy) did say they would open up early, but sometimes they( other head people) are busy and come a little later

Also there is a big tournament tomorrow which is ranbats for both SSF4 AE and UMvC3, keep that in mind guys. A LOT of people will show up to participate

I think casuals should be tomorrow and a tourney next saturday if nobody is busy... plus we didn't even bond yet :(

Tom, there is no snow in boston, and they have been calling snow warnings for days now, and the forecasters are just disappointing everybody. Plus boston has random weather patterns anyway

Good to see BB players coming out here. Get some good discussion going and get away from this netplay warrior BS

Well, word on the street is 2-4 inches here tomorrow.

I'll be there tomorrow, probably between 3 and 4 depending on how long it takes. Never gone that far out on the orange line.

I'll bring my dualmodded stick and a 360 copy of CS.