Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Troll Badguy

The Brain Box (Boston, Massachusetts and parts of New England) Thread

cause nobody plays bb around here that is willing to bring a setup. im waiting for the next monthly on the weekend cause my brother uses my ps3 when im away. that and their aren't many people who live around here.

Nobody was even playing street fighter last week.  I think the week before (not counting the off week due to GUTS) I actually got a lot of BB in.  It's too bad you guys didn't show up.  Anyways, I'll be there tomorrow.  I may not have a full setup, but I can at least bring a disk.  Usually there's someone with a PS3 willing to play Air Dashers.

No. but with Smash bros 3DS out, you can kiss any other games good bye

It will only get worse when the Wii U version is released. 

There needs to be a Brainbox 2.0

People are still playing anime at Game Underground on Fridays.

it honestly depends on what they play and how much systems. i play almost everything so i think i will be fine, but i know some people like only gg for example(idk if that is true it is just and ex) and how many people go out.

it honestly depends on what they play and how much systems. i play almost everything so i think i will be fine, but i know some people like only gg for example(idk if that is true it is just and ex) and how many people go out.

Yeah that's fair. Well for reference before anyone drives all the way out there, last week the games people were playing were UNIEL, Melty Blood, Akatsuki Blitzkampf (this has been oddly popular as of late, for whatever reason), DOA and Capcom fighters. There were no setups for GG but I know for a fact there are people who would have gotten on a GG setup if there had been one; I can't say the same for BB or Persona, I think if someone brought a setup for either of those they would be in training mode all night.

The next GU tournament is going to be on November 1st, but the only anime game is UNIEL. Jamie has said he's not opposed to adding Persona or other games, but people have to express some kind of interest for them.

I'm interested in BB for the November 1st tournament! I'll bring a setup as per usual.

most people here are but idk how many people will go and how many setups.

Yeah that's fair. Well for reference before anyone drives all the way out there, last week the games people were playing were UNIEL, Melty Blood, Akatsuki Blitzkampf (this has been oddly popular as of late, for whatever reason), DOA and Capcom fighters. There were no setups for GG but I know for a fact there are people who would have gotten on a GG setup if there had been one; I can't say the same for BB or Persona, I think if someone brought a setup for either of those they would be in training mode all night.

The next GU tournament is going to be on November 1st, but the only anime game is UNIEL. Jamie has said he's not opposed to adding Persona or other games, but people have to express some kind of interest for them.

yeah this might b a problem then. i do play uniel a bit and i play some melty blood and capcom stuff. i also do gg. idk about others here though so i would wait for their post.

I'm really ONLY playing BB right now (and barely that at the moment, PS3 is like the dedicated Tales of Xillia 2 machine right now). 

If there is day a few weeks out to which people can COMMIT to showing up with a setup, I will do my best to attend, but I'm not driving out to Framingham and hoping someone is playing a game I play. 

I'm really ONLY playing BB right now (and barely that at the moment, PS3 is like the dedicated Tales of Xillia 2 machine right now). 

If there is day a few weeks out to which people can COMMIT to showing up with a setup, I will do my best to attend, but I'm not driving out to Framingham and hoping someone is playing a game I play. 

I meet alot of people online around MASS so ill ask around. It's a SAT so ask if you can take off of work or something. ill ask people and see what they say. also if people post if they can go it would help.

This thread seems to die a lot in general. Any plans for gatherings and meetups for Xrd in the area?

i go to game underground once a month to play Uniel and bb with people who are interested. i know about at least 5 people willing to play xrd. maybe more but idk everyone

Game Underground seems to be the only place with even a small community for the game right now. I have been with the smash community for a long time and am use to there being lots of events at different peoples houses all over the place. I hope that something equivalent will emerge for the GG community.

I played BB for a bit and couldn't find much a community outside of my local friends and some locals in Connecticut. Hoping that GG has a larger following and that I can find a group of people to play regularly with. 

yeah true. i know somewhere in providence RI that people play games at. but idk how many or what games. haven't gone there yet but planing on it soon.

Gameunderground is incredibly far from me and I work weekends, so I'm completely out of luck.  There used to be air-dashing in Sommervile on Tuesdays, but they got pushed out by Smash right after I started attending. 

hey boston buddies and lurkers. i'm having people over for xrd this saturday evening. drop by, consume beverages (provided), talk shit.

pm me for deets. i am very accessible by T!