Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Troll Badguy

The Brain Box (Boston, Massachusetts and parts of New England) Thread

Good to meet everyone; Thanks for coming out.

Double thanks to whoever brought the PS3 with Mu unlocked so she could destroy us all.

Negative shout outs to people who kept complaining about how stupid the game was. Seriously. I don't care if you like it or not, or if you want to sing the praises of Guilty Gear (which could've done with a little more praise and a little less being locked in the corner) but try to keep the belittling in public to a minimum. Someone might actually be interested in trying it if they're not constantly being told how dumb it is. Thank you.

shoutouts to everyone.

luis for waiting for me at downtown crossing and running the tournament. also for showing me stuff in guilty and just being hilarious 6a+astral+booty boutique=awesome

max for also showing me some stuff in guilty gear and chitchatting.

ping for being ping, yeeeahhh ha soo broken.

tek, a pleasure as always, we should have played a few more matches.

vyers, always a pleasure too, it's always nice chatting with you.

mindgame, it was nice to see you again even though we've never really talked.

zoob, nice to finally meet you.

airk, nice to meet you in person. salt-baki makes me salty, but it's all in good fun. we all like bb and are more than willing to help people learn the game.

anyway, it was nice to play you, hopefully we can get some more matches in on xbl and in person, it's nice having someone who DOESNT play ragna around.

and lastly luis' girlfriend, i didn't catch your name but it was nice meeting you, i approve of the color pallete you use for milia, and nice panda hat!

looking forward to seeing everyone again.

Yo

Ping is good at body'ing my Tager. Also at sniffing MSG.

Zoob, thanks for rounding out the roster!!!!

Airk, thanks for coming out. Don't let the haters let you down. The point you make is valid. If we want to be a community and to level up as one, then we gotta can the negativity. People were half joking, though it does get out of hand.

Luis, thanks for hosting the event and contributing to the pot. Nom nom nom. Less salt more inferno dividah. Btw your PS3 sucks because you don't have mu unlocked.

Mindgame, didn't even get to play your Litch. Bring PangTong and Crown w/ you sometime!

Vyers and Max - Nice seeing you guys again, sorry I made no progress with Dizzy at all ._.

Tim - Yeah, didn't get to play you all that much. Let's all hang out some time.

Shoutouts to meeting everyone at the tourney! I didn't even know we were going to Have Guilty Gear! I would have brought my Stick! I was SOOOO rusty cause I haven't been playing. The only thing that carried me through that thing was my experience and randomness :(

GG's all! I love Guilty Gear and am SO glad we have a scene. I just moved here to Boston!

At least my PS3 still works tek :(. Also time for some real fucking talk. If you're thinking I was serious about the things I was saying about BB you need some help. Tek did the right thing and took the things I was saying with a grain of salt, so good job. However if you're salty about what was said you need to man up and come take it up with me. I tried to be as welcoming as humanly possible and I went through the trouble of donating money out of my own pocket for this tournament prize and finding a venue and having dedicated space for our casuals/games. Doesn't make much sense for me to hate a game and run brackets for it, does it? Tell you what though. You're more than welcome to come by and play with us all and join our tournaments and have fun with us. If you can't take the things we say then don't joke with us. That's how we do things and we were all fine and having fun with it. While you have a point that it doesn't help the game to attract more people, if you had stayed just a tad longer, you would've heard how I got the game to be part of the venue's main tournament line-up which works tenfold in getting people to come play it, but it's alright since you posted without knowing that. My point is though, think before you speak. I'm not upset, but I feel that what you're saying is wrong because there were a hell of a lot of things working against what you just said (one of which was the reason you showed up in first place) and it does not reflect the amount of effort that went into organizing all that, nor the people that participated. Thank you.

I want to thank everyone who showed up to the venue whether or not they participated in the tournaments or not for finally showing the management that we mean business. Those of you who happened to miss the news; BB and GG (and I may be wrong about this but MB and SC5 may have been added as well) to the main tournament line-up at the venue and will be posted as such on places like SRK and Dustloop alike. This does help the community tons. The BB and GG brackets will be run by me, and the management is going to handle the money. Entry fee for the next tournament is going to be 5$ and the date is undecided but it'll be in March sometime.

Shoutouts to

-Everyone for showing up and being a part of this, we've really made progress now

-Jeremy, Zoob, Vyers, Max, and Tim for all showing up, keeping the Guilty Gear community alive

-Tek for taking our money in BB with dem Mu-12 skills and Jeremy Slayer for bodying everyone in GG

-Shoutouts to Vyers' extended family who can eat another day now (jokes)

-Ping for talks about various... things at dinner

-Having to walk straight into the bathroom after an astral... I really had to go

-The games we all played today

Negative shoutouts to life and those that left unhappy. Sorry to see some of you go before you could watch/play in the tourney.

EXTRA EDIT: Shoutouts to Tek unplugging people's sticks during BB and throw people's controller in a raging fit of jokes and higher level mindgames. Also for single handedly showing me why he da bess blahzbloo player evur

-Shoutouts to Tek for explaining how to fight Mu-12 a bit

-Shoutouts to that Mexican restaurant also known as 7-11 according to Max

ahhhh shit, we're official now? wish i could have stayed longer.

so when are we doing the next event?

also for those who can go, we are meeting up at ping's on friday to play some games, he lives in braintree, for anyone who wants to show up.

It was really nice seeing everybody, you're all really cool, nice people. Thanks to everyone who helped me out by giving me some tips, every little thing helps. Must level up my Millia! Hopefully I'll be participating more next time! It was a great experience for my first tournament. Thanks again and good job for hosting, Luis.

Oh, and my name is Amber! I should probably have actually introduced myself, oops.

Good shit to DI0 for getting the anime tournaments happening, running them, and especially for putting up the prize pots.

Tek, Tim, I hadn't seen you in months, I'm glad you both made it out.

Amber, don't be afraid to call ups, the more experience you gain against other players, the stronger your Millia will grow.

j1n nice to meet you and GGs

Jeremy, kudos for trashing people with Maxima, thanks for the Mature advice, and what the fuck is with your ability to hit me while behind you using Slayer's ass? GGs

Noise Tank, the community has come to a consensus. It's time to get a Big Boy Stick.

Ping, thanks for the delightful, and insightful conversation on the wonders of MSG addiction.

Zoob, congrats on the IBM position, one of these days we should have a bizarre/ introspective anime marathon.

KOF is tight.

woah, how salty did it get? Everybody looked like they were enjoying themselves

Not very at all, actually, and most of the "Salt" had more to do with people talking than with the actual games. :P

And sorry Troll; Wasn't really talking to you at all, though it might've sounded that way, I was in fact attempting to avoid naming names. You made it pretty clear how you stood and it's really hard to argue with the spirit of the person who put this together in the first place. Sorry I missed the goodnews announcement - I'd wanted to stay for it, but I'm old and married. :P I also tend to be a bit on the serious side - you may have not noticed, but I didn't joke about games being good, bad, or otherwise. That's just not how I roll. So I did leave feeling a little bit down on things, but that's not WHY I left (see aforementioned old and married, with things to do the next morning.)

No KoF for me at this time. The series has never worked for me. My next planned FG purchase is Persona 4. ;)

you can name names, none of us will take offense. chances are you just dont understand our sense of humor having only met us once.

anyway, i feel you guys need to know about this. curry bread is probably the greatest thing i have eaten in a while, you can get it at porter square, so do it.

i'll be picking up extend on ps3 tuesday and later on xbox, if anyone wants to play me during the week let me know.

the next brainbox event i can make will have to be march 9th, but i can be a netplay champ in the mean time.

Alright. Just felt I should clear that up. I'll announce the next tourney date (it'll include BB and GG, sometime in March) when it comes by. That doesn't mean however we can't show up for casuals. I however may or may not be there on February 25th. I may be going back home to New York and attending the Stickbug event there and visiting family.

I'd like to say we should post and socialize here and do some matchmaking for various games. We do wanna keep our thread up there in Match Finder of course. If you want to play me specifically, add me on PSN and/or pm me on DL. Chances are too if you have my number you can just text me too, Tim's reached me quite a few times that way.

Yo, here's a list of constructive criticism. Feel free to disagree. I don't care if you don't care, but just know that this is why my terrible mu is winning matches.

Some things I noticed vs. each player.

Ping

1. You let me set up steins full screen. I throw a stein and you're already pressing barrier... Just run up and 5b, son.

2. You auto jump cancel after 6a, so I try to air throw you if I block your 6a.

3. 2d is not a good blockstring ender, I swear to god. Just end your shit with 2c and continue pressure until you get a hit in. I have to DP out or risk blocking GH in the air to get out of pressure.

Airk

1. I'm always anticipating that shield charge. So I try to stay full screen where you can't make me block, and I cancel my steins with 236a (lightning ball thing) or IAD backward. You should capitalize on this keepaway tactic and feel free to walk/dash in a little instead of relying on the charge. Once you got me to block, I did eat a lot of your mixup, lol. I can't block tsubaki overhead EVER.

2. We covered this, but you have a tendency to jump back if I'm dashing at you to force you to stop charging. If I'm dashing, actually the shield charge would be a good way to start pressure. Or you can just backdash.

3. Also covered, you were trying to mash out of blockstrings so I started frame trapping with delayed gatlings. Mu pressure is garbage, just block it ^^

4. After blocking your shield charge, you have the option of baiting out my DP. But you were a little too 5b happy, so I took liberty DP'ing out every time. If you bait someone out on that shit, they'll start thinking twice about dp'ing.

You were on point with that 2c anti-air though. I was trying to bait it out more, but man, that move is gdlk.

Luis

1. You should throw more. You don't just mash gatlings so you have a good high/low game + that 2a stagger frame trap shit, but if you mix in throws people would be even more confused.

2. Don't be afraid of mu's zoning... Ragna can just force himself in. He has decent corner carry, and there's nothing I can do about a well spaced 5b/5c meaty aside from wake up dp, so you can pressure all day really. Like I said, mid range the only move that kind of beats ragna is 236a, and you can reaction IAD punish that shet. I'm telling you, people are so afraid of mu's 5c... Ragna's 5c will beat it more often than you think.

3. Anticipate Mu's backdash. It covers a long distance but has terrible recovery. Mix up your spacing by dashing further in and then 5b'ing to make me block.

Tim

1. You gotta punish with good proration normals. Your sense of spacing is really good on Jin, but I think you just need to work on some combos and right punishes. Same w/ haz.

Feel free to give me some feedback also. Like I said, I'm not good at this game (I do play it though, lol), but I'll point stuff out so we can all get better. Cool?

wow lots of catch up to do =)...

First off thanks for everyone who showed up at brainbox for any game, i had a great time there, and I almost didnt come because I dont really play fighting games or...focus much on any genre. Anyways I've always had fun just chilling out and whatnot it doesnt have to be with games for me. Its all about the people being cool/fun to hang with , not being fags.

So, shoutouts to everyone:

Tim, for telling me bout the place, I was skeptical at first because I hate it when parking is a bitch and it seemed that might be a case, but me figuring something out took that headache away.

Anyways, good times as always!!! YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE HAAAAA SO BROKEN, look at D A T DAMAGE!

Taek - you are a fag but i still luv u..jk

Always good to chill/play with you around again, and its good of you to keep a positive attitude and whatnot. I know I was falling for some dumb shit like the jump grab right away and american resets.

As for just sitting in the corner taking your lasers, i just know nothing about the match up and never bothered learning it, so ill have to get used to when i can come in and when to block to a second nature level....Im actually gonna start practicing KoF13 because I already have it and its a good game, playing bb seriously makes me feel like a sped eating glue, im so braindead sometimes in that game and it shows playing vs your mu lol.

Luis - for running the thing and being awesome, I DEMAND stick vs pad rematch in inferno dividah mash-blue and in KoF13 too.

Mindgame - Good match in BB we had, came down to the very last round. It was seriously good playing someone who can block overheads and have good fundamentals in general, that showed. You did good considering you havent touched the game in a long time and did about 1500 damage max per combo lol...

Arik - I only ever play vs ragna/jin/ragna/ragna and very few between so good to play vs someone new! Anyways work on your combos, you get good openings sometimes but its a shame seeing you drop them =(...we need to play more next gathering.

Vyers - even tho i dont play or know shit about GG, pretty cool to watch. Good luck next GG tourney and see ya when i see ya.

Zoob and max - the mexican restaurant was the bomb, would eat there again of anyone else is down!

...and anyone else who showed up and bother reading this thread!

sorry for anyone i may have left out.

tek, the only thing i noticed you do is auto burst as soon as you get with with something that will lead into a damaging combo, sometimes it's better to eat that combo and save a burst.

my jin really really lacks what makes the other jin players like SRZ, owner, and the like good jin players. i more or less have stopped playing jin and hazama and mostly been using ragna. my ragna is 50/50 sometimes i do things right, sometimes i dont.

i'm going to keep playing jin and hazama for extend, but i'll be focusing on ragna. i'm also picking up relius, lambda, and probably bang and hakumen. it's no fun just fighting ragna after ragna all the time.

and to block tsubaki overhead you just have to watch what way she spins, it's backwards for the overhead and forwards for the low.

next time i'm really hoping to play dreadmaniac (i forgot your name on here, sorry) because i don't know ANYTHING about the carl match. i just press shit until i hit you, then try to guess right to keep you in the corner.

you can name names, none of us will take offense. chances are you just dont understand our sense of humor having only met us once.

This is probably true, but it's weird to defend your point when challenged on a joke. If it's a joke, and someone says the equivalent of "Hey, that's not true." then just drop it?

Airk

1. I'm always anticipating that shield charge. So I try to stay full screen where you can't make me block, and I cancel my steins with 236a (lightning ball thing) or IAD backward. You should capitalize on this keepaway tactic and feel free to walk/dash in a little instead of relying on the charge. Once you got me to block, I did eat a lot of your mixup, lol. I can't block tsubaki overhead EVER.

2. We covered this, but you have a tendency to jump back if I'm dashing at you to force you to stop charging. If I'm dashing, actually the shield charge would be a good way to start pressure. Or you can just backdash.

3. Also covered, you were trying to mash out of blockstrings so I started frame trapping with delayed gatlings. Mu pressure is garbage, just block it ^^

4. After blocking your shield charge, you have the option of baiting out my DP. But you were a little too 5b happy, so I took liberty DP'ing out every time. If you bait someone out on that shit, they'll start thinking twice about dp'ing.

You were on point with that 2c anti-air though. I was trying to bait it out more, but man, that move is gdlk.

I am way too dependant on shield rush, and really need to work on being willing to dash/brake to gain ground. I'm also a bit bad at eyeballing just how far I can go with the rush, since it reaches almost-but-not-quite fullscreen.

Mashing is a bad habit that develops out of not being able to block overheads, and facing a lot of people who have super-gap-a-licious pressure. Working on breaking this habit. x.x

Arik - I only ever play vs ragna/jin/ragna/ragna and very few between so good to play vs someone new! Anyways work on your combos, you get good openings sometimes but its a shame seeing you drop them =(

I know this sounds like an excuse, but I freely admit my execution is kinda bad, but it was like ten times worse on Saturday because I had to adjust from an (apparently) super laggy LCD screen to playing on a CRT, so I was doing everything too fast in an effort to compensate for lag that wasn't there. @_@

I was starting to not drop EVERYTHING by the end of the evening.

Updated the first post, only relevant thing would be the last few lines, everything else is minor.

@Tek, I caught on to Mu backdash at some point where I was baiting it but yeah, that helps to know. Everything else, yeah could probably do with more of it.

If you have a problem, name it. That's the last time I'm going to say it. From here on out I'll probably ask if something is wrong maybe two or three times, if not speak up or shut up. May sound harsh but clearly no one else was having any problems even slightly.

From here on out we can focus on make casuals days and what not.

@ping: Yo, I love you too buddy, no homo.

I know this sounds like an excuse, but I freely admit my execution is kinda bad, but it was like ten times worse on Saturday because I had to adjust from an (apparently) super laggy LCD screen to playing on a CRT, so I was doing everything too fast in an effort to compensate for lag that wasn't there. @_@

I know that feeling. Just ask Tim about the Pinball Wizard Tourney. I'm still not 100% adapted to lagless environment (thanks netplay and crappy monitor). THAT'S WHY THIS OFFLINE THING NEEDS TO TAKE OFF WE GOTTA TAKE OVER THE WORLD

@Luis: Yeah man, you were catching on to me. Soon I'll have to put on some Nikes so I can run faster.

Whoa snaps! When did this thread pop up and how did I miss it?!

Dustloop: CrownEmpress

Handle: CrownEmpress, CaptainMarvelous, IWantMyHatBack

PSN: CrownEmpress

Name: Vergil (Yes, this is really my name. Same spelling and everything)

Games: GG[Don't practice anymore, Order Sol], BB[Don't play anymore, used to play Ragna], KOF13[K'/Kyo/Iori], UMvC3[Zero/Dante/Vergil], SCV [Pyrrha, Alpha Pat, Pat]

Note: Away at school in NY 90% of the time. Only shows up during Summer/Winter/Spring breaks, so I'll see most of y'all in March though I think I've met most of you before at some point.

I think my level of displeasure is being greatly exagerated by this thread. :P

So, this friday people should come...as previously mention by capsule..

Im at braintree, near the red line station...if you dont have a car but have access to the T pm me i can get you

also parking is convinient since its just 1 big lot.

What we have here: 2x PS3, one Xbox, one modded PS2, 2 Wiis(if that matters lol) and maybe some other stuff.

The big TV has a VGA cable connection for no lag, 2 computer monitors, and 1 CRT...We had 2 but 1 just died =(

1x kof13 Xbox,2x BBCS-1 is ps3 1 is xbox,SSF4 for xbox,mvc3 U. for xbox. Might be more but dont need to list all.

theres are 2x xbox sticks and 1 ps3.

if you got questions leme know