Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Nattak

[AC] The 1-hit/Enkasu Video edition

Depend.

Generally that's it. But some char need specific timing. The listing has already made.

I didn't quite understand you when you said that the listing has already been made...

The only thread I found elaborating on 1-hit is this: http://www.dustloop.com/forums/showthread.php?t=4131

BTW, I pulled of a throw>j.K>j.S>j.D>Enkasu on Baiken a few times (not in a row), kinda difficult since if you delay too much, johnny just falls quickly after the j.D.

I gotta get me an arcade stick... I'm starting to get the impression that Johnny is prefered with a stick and a Dualshock doesn't do him justice.

I didn't quite understand you when you said that the listing has already been made...

The only thread I found elaborating on 1-hit is this: http://www.dustloop.com/forums/showthread.php?t=4131

IN CORNER

TE : PPPDE

RK : PPPDE

BR : KSDE

FA : PPSDE

PO : PKSDE

IN : KSDE

BA : KSDE

VE : KSDE (Delay K<>S<>D<>E)

MA : KSDE (Delay K<>S<>D<>E)

ED : KSDE (Delay K<>S<>D<>E)

KY : KS dJ KSDE

SOl : K > KJ FRC > DE (Delay D<>E)

MI : KSDE (Delay K<>S<>D<>E)

AB : (Delay K<>S<>D<>E)

DI : KS dJ KSDE (Delay D<>E)

JA : KSDE (Delay S<>D<>E)

ZA : PPSDE (Delay D<>E)

SL : KSDE (Delay S<>D<>E)

CH : KSDE (Delay S<>D<>E)

AN : Hj K > KJ FRC > KDE (Delay D<>E)

AXl : Hj K > KJ FRC > KDE (Delay D<>E)

Joh : DCJ > PKSDE

Info : Delay K<>S = Delay between the K & the S etc..

Hj = High Jump , Dj = Double Jump , DCJ = Dash Cancel Jump

I accidentaly performed an air combo with an RC'd Ensenga today, and it managed to connect only the 1-hit. That got me wondering, is it worth anything? Obviously it's easier to execute. BTW, with no relation to what I said above, what are the uses of an RC'd Ensenga? I always see it on videos. My guess is that it's just to keep safe since the Ensenga takes time to recover.

what are the uses of an RC'd Ensenga?

None if you're sure to perform the one hit without RC. But if you want a 1hit at 100%, make the RC. Versus sol by example, using a RC is interesting.

There are some situations where landing the 1-hit naturally (ie w/out RC) is really difficult or near-impossible. This is often true with characters where 1-hits are really tricky to begin with, like Sol and Order Sol. If your opponent has under 1/3 of their life left, you have plenty of tension, and you've got a level 2 MF or tension left over for an FRC or Jackhound, then I think it's worth it. As Camo said, it's pretty much 100% guaranteed to get you the 1-hit w/ RC. Advantages that I can think of are that you have TONS of time to put out the mist before your opponent gets up. I'm not sure it's worth it if you're not gonna put the mist on them or you're not ready to really lay on the damage. EDIT: Whoops! My post is strictly about RCing the first hit of ensenga.

I accidentaly performed an air combo with an RC'd Ensenga today, and it managed to connect only the 1-hit. That got me wondering, is it worth anything?

Obviously it's easier to execute.

BTW, with no relation to what I said above, what are the uses of an RC'd Ensenga?

I always see it on videos. My guess is that it's just to keep safe since the Ensenga takes time to recover.

RCing an Ensenga can be useful to make the move a little safer, it's true. The distance left to fall to the ground, and then the crouching recovery makes for horrid possibilities, depending on the situation. Spacing is important, ideally you want to be hitting them with the farthest part of Ensenga, putting as much distance between you and the opponent as possible. Now, don't do that every time because then the opponent can watch your spacing and predict when you're going to be using Ensenga, or at least that you won't be hitting them low, so they'll be blocking high all the time. Then you can always use your Lv2 low when they're blocking high waiting for the Ensenga and etc. etc. etc.

You can also RC an Ensenga for other purposes. Connect with the Ensenga, RC, then airdash at the opponent. You've got a few options from here depending on if you actually hit them or they blocked. If you hit them, then if you're in the corner here's what you can do:

1. RC-Airdash-j.D-Ensenga

2. RC-Airdash-j.K-j.D-land-jump back up to continue air combo possibly with KJFRC

Now that doesn't work on everybody, it's just the basics to work with. You'll need to experiment since I don't have the specific combos verbatim off the top of my head.

If you're not in the corner and you hit with an Ensenga here's what you do, and it may not connect due to the hitbox of your opponent and spacing, but it's your best bet if you're gonna RC anyway:

1. RC-Airdash-j.S-Ensenga

If they block the Ensenga and you RC here's what I like to do:

1. RC-Airdash-j.K-j.S-2K-Tick Throw (Any normal which you setup a tick throw after can be used instead of 2K here, so like a 5K MC into tick throw is fine too)

2. RC-Airdash-j.K-j.S-5K-5HS-Lv2MFS combo (You can really do *whatever* you want after you land from the j.S. Do a 5K-2D-Coin if you want, or 5K(JI)-5HS-KJT-KJFRC-etc. But only break out the good stuff if you actually hit them and combo. Just do the usual blockstrings and mixups if they block.)

Thanks for the replies. About what you said Xaphiel, I almost always try to airdash after an RC'd Ensenga yet it never works, JO always falls. Thanks for the inputs BTW.

It's probably the massive hitstop that occurs with Ensenga. Wait a moment after performing the RC to finish your airdash input. Just put a small delay between the RC and the 66 input, and you should be good to go. Try it out, experiment with the timing involved and then insert it into your game and kick ass stylishly :D

Damn that's tricky... I pulled it off a couple of times but only after throw>j.K>j.S>Ensenga RC (and even then it wasn't always). On longer air combos johnny just fell like rock. On the short combo I listed above I just counted to 1 after the RC and pressed 66. When I go for higher air combos it never works.

It can be kind of tricky, I agree, I still miss it once in a while. Personally I don't RC the Ensengas I perform during air combos very often, it's rare in fact. I usually RC my TK Ensengas, however. For the higher altitude and longer combos, it might be an issue of just missing the rhythm of the combo, and the additional hits are throwing off your timing. Try adding a little more delay for the longer combos, that's usually the way to go in my experience. But if that doesn't work, then try to remove a bit of the delay and perform it earlier. It's really just getting a feel for the timing now, it will feel more natural once you have more experience with it.

Ammm interesting thing I realised... If I just jump and perform Ensenga and than RC, the AD is a piece of cake. Every time I add a hit before the Ensenga it becomes more difficult to AD it after RC. Performing a throw>j.S>Ensenga RC>AD will probably give you 100% chance to nail the AD, but throw>j.K>j.S>j.D>Ensenga RC>AD will most likely fail. Likewise, when you pressure an enemy and you perform jump>j.S/j.HS/j.K (either one of them)>Ensenga RC>AD it also has 100% chance to succeed. BTW, the AD can be replaced with a jump (which is also possible after a RC) and my exmaples still stand. after short combos the AD/jump is more doable.

Anybody got info on performing Enkasu on May? I've never practiced doing it against her and I came across a May player >.>

chance to succeed.

Practice. It is not based on chance.

BTW, the AD can be replaced with a jump (which is also possible after a RC) and my exmaples still stand.

Just as a note, if you used your second jump before RCing the ensenga, you won't be able to airdash or jump.

throw > j.k > j.s > dj.k > j.s > j.d > ensenga

Using KJ FRC though, will reset your jump properties in the air and let you either airdash or jump one extra time, like so:

throw > j.k > j.s > dj.k > KJ FRC > j.s > dj.k > j.s > j.d > ensenga

OR

throw > j.k > j.s > dj.k > KJ FRC > j.s > airdash > j.k > j.s > j.d > ensenga

(these both may not connect on some characters)

Also, discussion on airdashing after an RC'd ensenga should probably go in the general Johnny questions thread here:

http://dustloop.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3017

Hi there boys and girls. I was just wondering if you want me to start rolling the tapes again ? Cause, i have hacked my computer, inserted new parts, and now its known as "Frankencomp" and it seems to cap things smoothly ;)

Anybody got info on performing Enkasu on May? I've never practiced doing it against her and I came across a May player >.>

a few months late, but in case you or someone else is still having trouble with this:

corner: throw -> KSD -> ensenga

midscreen: throw -> KSKS -> rc ensenga

her corner one hit is actually pretty easy. just delay the ensenga a bit later after the j.D (if you're currently landing both hits, do it a bit later than you think you should).

Hi there boys and girls.

I was just wondering if you want me to start rolling the tapes again ?

Cause, i have hacked my computer, inserted new parts, and now its known as "Frankencomp" and it seems to cap things smoothly ;)

you can never have too much info. :yaaay:

Great stuff here Nattak. I was wondering if you're still continuing this project on the rest of the cast? Also, I'm having a hell of a time getting that AD after the KJFRC in those midscreen enkasu combos. Does it matter that I'm mapping P+K+S to L1? I've heard that there's a delay when you set marcos as opposed to manually FRCing (which is a pain in the ass on pad already).

Great stuff here Nattak. I was wondering if you're still continuing this project on the rest of the cast?

Also, I'm having a hell of a time getting that AD after the KJFRC in those midscreen enkasu combos. Does it matter that I'm mapping P+K+S to L1? I've heard that there's a delay when you set marcos as opposed to manually FRCing (which is a pain in the ass on pad already).

Nope, doesn't make a difference for the AD enkasus. I play on pad too, just have to get the timing for it.

I pretty sure the "lag" people talk about is just from the extra travel distance, from dead to activated, on the shoulder buttons

I pretty sure the "lag" people talk about is just from the extra travel distance, from dead to activated, on the shoulder buttons

There's a 4 frame delay on macro'd PKS romans