Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Skye

[CSE] Arakune vs Lambda

Fuck this match up, still.

Discuss.

Fuck this match up, still.

Discuss.

Preach on!

This matchup is always a bitch, I have yet to find a good way of getting in against a lambda who spaces well. 234C (I think thats the right ground teleport thing) at the right distance can sometimes fake them out into jumping, which I lead into a 5C curse combo, but otherwise I don't know any way to properly build curse against her...:gonk:

High jump, IB sword, 50% heat ==> just continue until she wants to approach (or she does a mistake).

Sound easy but still awful.

Taken from the lambda thread (I'm going to do this for the characters that have threads which have arakune posts, I apologize if I post too much today, I actually have a lot more free time than I'm used to due to spring break)

Matchup Ranking: 6-4

The Enemy's Assessment: [CSEX] Arakune vs Lambda

Overview

Some things never change.

General Strategy

Good Tools For The Match Up

7/8/9: Jumping is a relatively good way to escape most of Arakune's shenanigans.

6D: When Arakune is far away, get a random hitconfirm into a standard air combo.

2D: Dashing 2D is considerably more dependable against Arakune than anything else.

j.D/j.2D: When the floor is lava (Arakune's j.D or 214214D), these attacks will help you.

236C:

214D: Not the best tool for this match, but definitely forces Arakune to prolong himself in the air. He's probably already used his jumps and has to fall into this if timed well. Just don't get hit by j.Ds while you're charging this.

Things To Look Out For

6A: A close ranged overhead that can lead to curse building combos.

6D: Bell bug. Arakune's head has a hitbox this time around, so he can safely cancel from his slide into this... still not that amazing.

j.D: This throws

(j.236D): Cloud

50 Heat

(214214D):

Curse

Everything.

Is it just me, or should we try to stay out of the air when facing her? Though, I do like what Abyss said about IB'ing her swords while in the air.

I'd think Arakune's 214 (both air and ground) would be very helpful in the matchup.

His command teleports are very important in this match up.

I'll update the OP soon.

this matchup isn't as bad as mu or tao. it isn't easy, but basically, this matchup is at least playable. the four main foci of this matchup are knowing when to: 1) jump a-teleport 2) forward dash 3) predict lambda's retreat and summon cloud; and 4) knowing when lambda will try to iad backward and catching her with j.6c

j.6c would be your option 1 in this matchup with everything else being your back-ups to lambda trying to hit you out of j.6c, which is why jump a-teleport and just regular 214a are also strong in this matchup because you can punish lambda's 2d/6d/6a anti-airs with these teleport options. getting slightly off-topic, against mu this sucks bc mu's j.c beats j.6c, her 5c hits you before you can 214a, and her 2c autocorrects and hits behind her X-( ... this matchup is at least winnable compared to mu