Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Skye

[CSE] Arakune vs Tsubaki

I myself don't have a lot of tsubaki experience, I'll leave this here from the tsubaki forum though and maybe it will spark some insight.

Honestly I'm gonna keep it a little basic because I do not have enough knowledge. I'm gonna go by the match I had two weeks ago and the match with Kuresu.

Arakune can backdash out of unblockables, but if done early or very late you should get CH. If in the corner he BDs it you should still be able to apply further pressure.

Be careful with anti airs, as his j.B can beat you at times. Also, he could bait it by teleporting and then punishing your whiffed 2C. You'd have to really know the player to decide whether to AA him or not. I wouldn't recommend playing air to air with him either because his j.B rapes our options really. Usually if Arakune is in the air and not too close to me I'll use 214D to try to catch him in the air. If you're far you could basically use 236C > 214D stuff, but don't go crazy with it. Rely more on your mobility. j.214X is also a good way to get around clouds and bugs but don't get predictable as he has 5C. Whilst on that, don't play air to ground games because his 5C fatals and gives him full curse.

If the Arakune is not so rushdown you'll have quite a bit of time to charge and acquire some stocks, but then you'll have to be careful about the way you move around the stage because of the cloud and bugs. I tend to play a rushdown game from the start, but if he knocks you away you may have to be a little more patient. Use that time to charge. (though if you don't care about the cloud you don't have to take this into consideration lol).

His j.B trades with our 623A.

Not the best advice I know. I've gotta play this MU more.

I think this match serves a good example: