Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Brice

Montreal Air Dashers - April 14th MAD tournament, Anime fighters ONLY!!!

MAD Tournament

Montreal, QC CANADA

APRIL 14th

Presented By :

MTLTAMASHI_400px.png

Ok so here's the deal. Montreal is getting much attention in terms of anime fighters because it seems we're both godlike in terms of HYPE and level of play. awesome for us.

That is why Montreal Tamashii is proud to present the first MAD tournament! (Montreal Air-Dashers)

as the title implies we'll have only what the community describes as ''anime'' fighters. So no Marvel and no AE. Shocking, right?

IMPORTANT INFORMATION GOES HERE :

Facebook page: Montreal Air-Dashers April 14th go on there and like it if you know you're coming so we can estimate how many people we'll be having over and if we can close the venue all for ourselves! so you better be liking this facebook page :P

Official Games:

MAIN EVENT

Blazblue CS Extend

Side Event

Guilty Gear Accent Core

Gundam Extreme VS

King of fighters 13

Melty Blood Current Code

Arcana Heart 3

F-Zero GX

and anything else if we have enough people and/or time

Foonzo Cafe

1245 Rue Drummond, Montreal

we are proud to host the MAD tournament at the Foonzo Cafe right in the middle of downtown Montreal.

The venue is 18+ only, legal drinking age in Quebec. why is that? Foonzo sells all kinds of drinks including alcohol. 18+ only, no exceptions.

Time:

April 14th 2012

Tournament Start : TBD

Fees and whatnot:

Venue fee is 10$

Entry fee for each tournaments will be 10$ per person

F-Zero GX will be 5$

also, since we are hosting the tournament in a cafe/lounge, part of our agreement with the venue is that you must buy at least some of the godlike food and drinks they have to offer. GET HYPE

Guest List : (hype people that are coming to MAD and that you don't want to miss)

TBA

a lot of information is still TBD so i'll update it when we have said info.

I'm going to do whatever I can to be there! As long as it doesn't fall on my Drill Weekend, I'm sure I can get the money to get there.

FRIGGIN HYPE TO HAVE MICHIGAN PEEPS COME OVER !!

You guys will drool over this venue. Foonzo is paradise on earth.

I can't find the location on Google Maps. I type in the address, but when I go into street view, I can't see it.

Foonzo is about one year old, so if the street view passed before that, it wouldn't be there.

Alright, I found the picture of it in the Montreal thread, so it's all good.

How's parking? It looks like it's a pretty busy area.

Might be worth mentioning that while this is a 1 day event, we gather regularly at foonzo for meetups, so if people let us know that they'll be there any other day around the event, we'll probably show up.

How's parking? It looks like it's a pretty busy area.

There's a parking lot right behind it that charges something like 10-20$ for the day and should have room. If you park on the street you need to go put money in the parkometer every 2 hours or so or you WILL get a ticket, but sundays are free so sometimes you get lucky. Closest free parking is 10 min walking distance but Rhannmah will be pissed if you take his spot :)

If I come, I think I'd probably want to come Friday night and then do tourney stuff saturday morning~night and then leave sunday morning.

And also because I most likely would have access to a car for Friday evening all the way to sunday, I would be able to take people with me.

Would someone be able to house us?

You see, I saw this posted up by brice in the jersey thread and got hype. However my problem is making a 7 hour or so drive for one day of games is a little bit much... Also how many people do you think would show up? Would there be stuff going on the day before and after (like casuals or something)? I mean I really would enjoy going out since you guys have made the effort to come out to us quite a few times but I have to be realistic.

Aw yisss! I'm going to see if I can figure something out so I can get to this.

So many tournaments though. ;-;

But this one is obviously going to be da bess.

LK and I will most likely be going to this unless something comes up. He said Foonzo is godlike and I want to go to Canada for a tournament. Tonberry is still a maybe.

Do you guys have 4 copies of Gundam?

BTW, I don't think SKD is 18, but I could be wrong :/

You see, I saw this posted up by brice in the jersey thread and got hype. However my problem is making a 7 hour or so drive for one day of games is a little bit much... Also how many people do you think would show up? Would there be stuff going on the day before and after (like casuals or something)? I mean I really would enjoy going out since you guys have made the effort to come out to us quite a few times but I have to be realistic.

Worry not, we're always up for casuals at Foonzo, even if you pass by the 13th and stay till' the 25th we'll still keep you busy one way or another, 14th is just the tournament day.