Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Brice

Montreal Air Dashers - April 14th MAD tournament, Anime fighters ONLY!!!

Holy crap, I am SO going to this! Brice, you, Kirby, and Bibi are all crazy SOB's for putting Gundam and F-Zero in there, but that's amazing. And if there's KOFXIII at all, I'm double there.

run that KOF, best game of the year

We'll keep it in mind, can't guarantee anything because we already have a lot of tournaments and if we announce KoF there may be a lot more people that show up.

How many entrants are you guys expecting for BB? That will probably be the longest tournament.

I think we'll get something between 30-50 entrants. (as a reference, MAT had 27 entrants last year, I think)

Don't change the date, yo.

Because Simon and I just bought tickets. :3

Well that's it then, not gonna change the date :yaaay:

I've C&P'd this thread to the rest of Waterloo. I'm glad there's FINALLY a semi-major tournament in Canada for airdashers. We're usually late finalizing plans, and many of our players will have exams around that date, but I don't have exams and I'll make every effort to be there. :)

I'm interested in entering MBAACC and AH3 (if we can get enough people for a side tourney) for certain. I'll likely enter BBCSEX as well.

Personally, I think the venue price is just fine. If we didn't have to buy food at the venue then we'd still be paying a lot to eat out elsewhere, anyway. A question: is ALL outside food and drink banned from inside the venue, including bottled water?

Will there be any casuals the night before or the day after? We'd really like to get in as many casuals as possible in addition to the tournaments.

Oh lawd, is Foonzo even big enough to take in this many?!

Well, Nemesis had 150+, so it should be ok... Lol.

I think we'll get something between 30-50 entrants. (as a reference, MAT had 27 entrants last year, I think)

Sounds about right.

25's the minimum, I think, and didn't NEC have 45 entrants? So it's going to be in that range. No way to really tell for sure right now. We might be surprised and see a bunch of NAHs show up and blow up the venue, but I think we can settle on 30-50 for now.

Well that's it then, not gonna change the date :yaaay:

Alright! :cool:

There should be a stream archive.

Personally, I think the venue price is just fine. If we didn't have to buy food at the venue then we'd still be paying a lot to eat out elsewhere, anyway. A question: is ALL outside food and drink banned from inside the venue, including bottled water?

Will there be any casuals the night before or the day after? We'd really like to get in as many casuals as possible in addition to the tournaments.

Yes all outside food and drinks are banned, but the rule concerning water bottles is as long as it's small it's okay (say less than 750ml or so), I just asked. There will be casuals on the days around the event at Foonzo. And about the exams, yeah it kind of sucks, I hope it all works out. It's really hard to just set a date :sweatdrop:

I'll try to see what i can do about it and just come for the day. Should try and ask someone else to drive meeeeeeeeeeeee for saturday and come back late

Just run one HD and one SD game at a time and you'll be fine then. Running 3 games at a time will cause problems.

Seriously, you guys might have the best setup to make this the most efficient tournament I've ever been to. You don't have people running all over a huge ballroom. You don't have to worry about Marvel or SF being more important than you and taking your players for 30+ minutes at a time holding up brackets. You don't have to worry about people disappearing since they don't have to leave the venue for anything other than smoking.

Perhaps having BB and GG at separate times would help too?

That actually sounds like a good idea, personally.

I can contribute a setup for MBAACC, and bring my PS2/PS3 for any other setups, if they're needed.

EDIT: Also, assuming we have time, and there is room for it, an AH3 tourney would be pretty cool IMO.

Yeah we'll need a lot of PS3s, around 8. I'll probably make another google doc spreadsheet like last year so we can organize who brings what easily.

AH3 should happen.

How many entrants are you guys expecting for BB? That will probably be the longest tournament.

Magus, what suits you play? I'll learn a front suit to match. We taking this shit.

I usually play Gun-EZ because I like the 1000 units and like how that suit can put up a shield on my teammate. I also like playing the Dragon Gundam because the dragon head limb projectile thing is stupid cheap in its ability to always cause hard knockdown when it hits.

Do you guys need extra copies of Extend and/or Extreme Vs.?

For the current number of setups we're planning on having, we should have enough copies of both.

I'm just throwing it out there, but if you guys need a PS3, I can probably bring mine. AND, if you for whatever reason decide you want to do an AH3 tournament (or if people just want to play it), I have that on there too.