Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Brice

Montreal Air Dashers - April 14th MAD tournament, Anime fighters ONLY!!!

Funny, I was actually expecting my round trip VIA Rail ticket to be $140, but it's actually only going to be $80 if I go Friday night and get back Sunday morning/afternoon. Woo cheapness.

Anyone else coming from Ottawa? I remember you guys had a least a few players there.

Anyone else coming from Ottawa? I remember you guys had a least a few players there.

I'm not sure. The three guys that came by last year for a couple GO tourneys I've only seen or heard from AT those things, so no idea. I'll ask Freezer if he or any of the Ottawa SRK crew are coming down and get back to you guys.

is there goign to be a 3v3 team tourney?

coz like, team 3 man community wants free money

Sorry. All I made out of that was "Team 3 Man Community" and "Free".

is there goign to be a 3v3 team tourney?

coz like, team 3 man community wants free money

Most likely yes. We're still debating the schedule, but after the planned singles we'll run whatever else we have time for. I doubt the money will be free though :roll:

Brice, if you want, you may put this in first post, but it's huge and i dont really want to reduce it. Maybe add a hyperlink?

madposter2012.jpg

yo I have a hakumen and an arakune on my team, all we need now is a valk and its like BBR free.

I'm a Guilty Gear legend?

Ya'll niggas crazy.

You should change it to "that loud mashing scrub St1ckBuG".

It's no secret what great lengths you've gone through for these games and for their community. In these parts, you're legendary. Deal with it.

whos lordknight

some salty scrub whos super salty that his dumb character didn't get to stay dumb and got balanced to "slightly less dumb"

but lets face it, this game is pretty dumb as a whole. The only non dumb character is Makoto, even the other bottom tier is dumb with spammable gimmicky shit

I lost a great amount of interest towards this game, not because my main was nerfed to a legit level, but how the game is treated in general and where its heading and the community as a whole, not just mine, hopefully MAD will give me the motivation to keep playing.

I lost a great amount of interest towards this game, not because my main was nerfed to a legit level, but how the game is treated in general and where its heading and the community as a whole, not just mine, hopefully MAD will give me the motivation to keep playing.

What do you mean, Bibi? Do you mean how the SF/SFxT/Marvel community treats it as like some random "shitty anime game that only hentai lovers, and broke weebos play"? I'm not sure what you mean about where it's heading or the community as a whole thing. Personally though, the treatment the SF/SFxT/Marvel communities and such have treated it, makes me want to play THOSE games less and this game more under the guise of "we're more respectful when talking about other fighters than they are so we're a more mature community". Even if it may not be true for everyone.

I do think this current trend of FGs has peaked and is slowly going into a natural decline. It's been, what? 4 years since SFIV revived the genre? We've been seeing an increasing amount of fighters looking to catch some of the wave, and it won't be long until they turn to shit just to cash in.

FGs aren't done, but I surmise we're going to see some lean times before it picks back up again... Or maybe it'll just charge ahead without stopping into E-sports. We'll see.

Anyway, enough doom and gloom. MAD is the hypest thing since Tamashii, and we're going to make sure everyone enjoys themselves. :kitty:

this game is dumb because other dumb characters stayed dumb, and my character smartened up