Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

CrimsonDisaster

Slayer vs. Eddie

Well it would just be a matter of anticipating and switching up your inputs. Same would apply for backdash or dandy. IMO it's better to go for SOMETHING though. You're gonna get hit anyway, so why not.

That's when you bust out the secret technique of the anti cross up 100% eternal wings and enter 236236 and 214214 really fast and then hit heavy. One of em has to work! Boss is the eternal wings master though, we should all ask him :vbang: Oh btw on a more useful note, I noticed j.H counterhits Eddie's 2H if you throw it out early, even from high up.

IMO it's better to go for SOMETHING though. You're gonna get hit anyway, so why not.

you could block it ;(

Eternal Wings isn't all that great an option, Eddie gets CH whatever the hell he wants on block. I'm pretty sure he can just do a safe jump-in anyhow but maybe I'm wrong.

Eternal Wings will get you out of alot of shit.... if they eat it in the face. If it gets blocked... start lubing your asshole. I know I've used it to get out of alot of shit, mainly the far drill frc UB when latif was doing it, and he seemed to eat eternal wings every time... I still won 0 matches though. lol I really would not recoommend Eternal Wings though, unless you know they'll eat it *looks at Laqueef* *shakes fist* *loses match* *crys*

Not quite on topic but Urien corner Aegis unblockables are pretty simple to escape with wakeup down parry, and you can parry -> block midscreen unblockables (and you shouldn't be in that situation terribly often anyhow). Also some setups are probably 1F switch blockable, not sure though- the bounce link combo spacing setups look almost blockable. Maybe they aren't, I've never seen anybody try since parry -> throw gets you out, blocking it means mixups.

Off topic - I realize that aegis UB are simple enough to escape with a good down parry, I main urien so I've had that done to me many times. The thing with the aegis UBs are that in SF3 projectiles must be blocked from their direction of origin. With aegis counting as a projectile, you can simply break gaurd with a meaty attack on the other side making a true UB. But ya, there usually is about a 1-2 block switch at the beginning but ppl eat it if they try 95% of the time. The bounce link combos are blockable to my knowledge, because I've had them get blocked... maybe my spacing was off, but I believe it's a 2 frame switch.