Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Kiba

[CSE] Valkenhayn Combo Discussion (Updated: 6/7/13)

hmmm weird, when I do it, usually Valken dashes a small bit first, but here it looks like he's magically doing a [w]j.A in the air, am I just oo slow?

I added Astral Heat combos to my post. May as well make use of the reserved post.

Tager Specific Combo

2A>5B>5C>w[j.A>delay j.A>j.B>5B>236B>j.236B>7CD]>j.C>2A>5B>hj.A>j.B>j.C 2583 damage 37 meter

The delay j.A may whiff if you're not close enough so you can just go for a mixup(3CD>throw, 3C>j.A/5A, 3C>j.A>land 236D) or return to neutral.

Added a midscreen to corner combo:

236B > RC > 2C > j.214B > 9D > w[j.B > j.A] > 5D > 2C > 6C > 2C > 6B(1) > 236C > 1D > w[j.236B > j.236A > j.236B > 7CD] > j.C > 2A > 5B > 2C > j.B > j.B > j.C

[5843 Damage, 55% Heat Gained]

It's illustrated with a video link.

Also check out this midscreen to corner 6B FC combo

Added, but note it is Arakune specific.

CH Sturm > jump over > 3C > jager > 2C > 6B > 2C > 6C > Mondlitch > 4cannons > falling j.C > 2A > 5B > 2C > ( j.B > dj.C or j.B > j.C) does 4.9k and builds 52 meter

so that when you actually land a wakeup sturm with 100 meter ytou capitalize on it. And by the time you have 100 meter fuck oki lol they'll probabyl die from a 6k combo

Added.

I also added this wolf starter midscreen combo:

w[j.236A CH > 3C > 5B > 236B > j.236B > 7CD] > j.C > 2A > 5C > j.B > j.B > j.C

[3201 Damage, 31% Heat gained]

I wonder, can this be optimised by doing w[j.236A CH > 3CD] > 2C > j.214B > 9D > w[j.B > j.A] > 5D > 2C > 6C?

Corner:

3C > 236A > 2C > 6B > 2C > 6C > 2C > j.214B > 2D > 236B > j.236A > j.236B > 7CD > j.C > 2A > 5B > 2C > j.DA > dj.DC

[4053 Damage, 64 Meter Gain]

Midscreen to Corner:

([w]5C >) [w]j.B > 5B > 236B > j.236B > 7CD > j.C > 2A > 2C > 6C > 236A > 5B > 2C > j.DB > j.A > 5B > j.AAA > j.B > 3C > j.B

[3381 Damage, 50 Meter Gain]

Doesn't work on :CA::PT:

I got the 1st one added. I didn't know you could use a third 2C before the j.214B. I thought that may have damaging to the combo itself.

Edit: I derped. Got the 2nd one added.

works near corner but mostly a corner combo

CH w5B > 4 cannons > 7CD j.C > 2B > 2C > 6C > 2C > 6B > Jager > 5B > 2C > ender of choice, will always build 50+ meter and around 4.4k

I'd normally say "useless combos yay" but if you can Hitconfirm a CH 5B this is good reward

Edit: Should work off 5B > 236B > j.236A > j.236B too *shrug* for 4.3k /old news and if you do 3 cannons 2A > 2C > 6C will connects as opposed to 4 cannons

yay optimization that isn't that practical

I hope you don't mind Genow, but I'd like to be extremely specific with the combos.

w[CH 5B > 236A (slight delay) > 236B > j.236A > j.236B > 7CD] > j.C > 2B > 2C > 6C > 2C > 6B > Jager > 5B > 2C > j.B > j.B > j.C

How much damage and meter does this combo give?

4.5k damage, 65 meter

Generic Schwarz Throw combo

Throw > 236B > RC > 2C > 6B > 2C > 6C > j.214B > 2D > 236B > j.236A > j.236B > 7CD > j.C > 2A/2B > 5B > 2C > j.B > dj.B > j.C (Both do 4.2k, but if you use 2b it builds back the 50 meter)

Training mode adventures tonight revealed to me Weiss Jagd whiffs on Jin, Taokaka, Lambda, and Hazama up close on block. On Mu-12 it's a delayed hit(delayed enough to punished with Mu's DP.)

Nice find. It may be a good idea to mention that in the Valkenhayn guide.

I'm learning valk as a second main ad i have problems comboing into Sturn Wolf from 236A. I always turn wolf and rush forward.

Any advice?

If you're turning into wolf and dashing it means you're pressing C which doesn't need to be used at all. You should probably practice the sturm wolf input multiple times until you're comfortable enough in getting it down.

Take your time. There's no need to rush the input but at the same time you shouldn't be too slow otherwise it could just whiff. Remember that 236A > Sturm wolf only works on an airbourne opponent.

There's also the possibility that you're hitting D too early, causing you to wolf cancel the 236A rather than link into Sturm Wolf. Make certain to delay the Sturm Wolf until after you've recovered from 236A.

ok, I think it is the early input problem. I'm having issues with the timing. Gonna practice this again

It's tricky because usually sturm is buffered, in this case, you input it after 236a hits. I would recommend only using this if it kills as there is so much more you can do after 236a on an otg opponent when you have 50 heat.