Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Kiba

[CSE] Valkenhayn Combo Discussion (Updated: 6/7/13)

I was under the impression that 3c/otg Jager RC doesn't lead to anything midscreen.

Sent from my Nexus S using Tapatalk

I was under the impression that 3c/otg Jager RC doesn't lead to anything midscreen.

Sent from my Nexus S using Tapatalk

You can RC into Rozen and 5C

On the topic of 3C OTG, at a Sturm Wolf ender combo in the corner, you can do 3C > Jager on Valkenhayn, Jin, Ragna, Relius, Hakumen, Tager,and Litchi.

I was actually wondering which characters that works on. Thanks man.

Updated front page.

Hello there, I'm looking for the absolute best practical non-character specific corner (and midscreen while we're at it) 6B FC combo, think you can help me with that?

With meter, no goldburst. I think the best I have is around 8.1k for 100 heat, Sturm ender. I haven't really experimented much though.

Theoretical combos off the top of my head:

Corner:

FC 6B > 2C > 236B RC > 2C > 6C > 2C > j214B > 6D > w[j236A > 236A > 236B > j236B > 7C > jD] > jC > 5B/2A > 236A > 2C > jD > w[jB > jA land 5D] > 2C > Sturm > tk Flug

Midscreen (Not sure about this one, spacing might make it really hard):

FC 6B > 2C > 236B RC > 2C > 214B > 6D > w[j236A > 236A > 236B > 2C > j236B > 4/5C > wjB > wjA land 5D] > 2C > 6C > 5B > 236A > 2C > jD > w[jB > jA land 5D] > 2C > Sturm > tk Flug

For both combos, dunno if TK Flug is possible depending on if you build the meter back or not. Might be able to add another wjB > wjA > 2C after the last 2C for both combos.

Midscreen

I couldn"t figure out how to end with sturm > tk flug starting from midscreen so here's the best I could come up with starting with the least amount of meter.

Needs 38 meter to start.

6B FC > 2C > 236B RC > 2C > TK214B > 5D > w[j.236A > 236A > 236B > j.236B > 7CD] > j.C > 5B > 2C > 6C > 2C > 236C > 9D > w[j.B > j.A > 5D] > 5B > 2C > j.B >j.B > j.C > j.236236C Damage:8302

Still working on corner version.

I have yet to Sturm > tk.Flug even once lol. Flug comes out pretty fast and I hit the ground in front of the opponent. I still have to practice a few tricks like that.

Practicing those fatals atm.

Edit: actually I just hit with tk.Flug but only the 1st hit (falling kick) came out. I'm guessing it should hit twice in order to get the full super.

From what I know, you only need the 2nd hit (the one that comes out when he slams into the ground) to land in order to get out the 3rd hit. The very first hit from him falling in the air only seems to connect against characters with huge hitboxes like Tager.

Just picked up Mr Valk

Having trouble with the 7C>JD>JC.

Ive seen people do the JC and hit the ground(from the momentum of 7C) and 2A the opponent before they make it to the ground but when i do the JC they tech before they hit the ground and the 2A just wiffs. Maybe a height issue/strict timing? Was just wondering if this is a common problem with new valk players

And i got plenty of questions. . . . .plenty :toot:

Strange, I practiced on Ragna. Hit him straight in the nuts and into to ground but it ended there.

Odd, I've never had that happen. I'll see if I can replicate it.

Just picked up Mr Valk

Having trouble with the 7C>JD>JC.

Ive seen people do the JC and hit the ground(from the momentum of 7C) and 2A the opponent before they make it to the ground but when i do the JC they tech before they hit the ground and the 2A just wiffs. Maybe a height issue/strict timing? Was just wondering if this is a common problem with new valk players

And i got plenty of questions. . . . .plenty :toot:

For [w]7C > j.D > j.C, you'll want catch them fairly low on their hurtbox. You're too high up if you're about level with them in midair when the j.C connects; aim to be below them instead.

Feel free to ask if you have any more questions. That's what these boards are here for after all.

So far the best 6B FC I've done in the corner is around 8.4k, Leo's combo probably hits more but wasn't quite able to do it entirely. Here's a simple and farily easy version though.

FC 6B > 2C > (5C?) > 236B RC > 2C > 6C > 2C > j214B > 5D/6D > w[j.236A > 236A > 236B > j.236B > 7C > j.D] > j.C > 2A >5B > 2C > j.D > w[j.B > j.A land 5D] > 5B > 2C > sj.B > j.B > j.C > Flug

+Sturm > tk.Flug might be possible after the last 5B

info

Thanks figured out what the problem was :v:

Not only did i have to get below them i had to delay some of the [w]236B/236A stuff.

Seems like im going to have to delay alot of the stuff when playing Valk.

Whats the best way to get into a 2C>6B combo? Dont find myself using to much 2C/6B other than the corner combo's.

Thanks figured out what the problem was :v:

Not only did i have to get below them i had to delay some of the [w]236B/236A stuff.

Seems like im going to have to delay alot of the stuff when playing Valk.

Whats the best way to get into a 2C>6B combo? Dont find myself using to much 2C/6B other than the corner combo's.

You mean 2C or 6B starter? Doesn't happen often but you can counter-poke with 6B or try to frame trap with 2A. 6B(2) vaccums and is very + on block so it should be part of your human blockstrings. It can also be used as oki in the corner (see Masashi/Joker ender in the combo thread) and will definetely punish mashing HARD. Oh yeah, you can also use it to punish DPs and other stuff too.

As for 2C, it's pretty fast and can be used as anti-air (though it lacks head invincibility, so watch out) or roll punish (though it's risky if your opponent neutral techs...). Very good for punishing and is also a very good close-range pressure tool (jump cancelable, gatling into 6B). Frame traps might land you that juicy CH.

But yeah in case you were simply looking for a way to use 2C > 5B in a midscreen combo, 2A > 2C > 6B > ... works. If you manage to get a j.C jump-in from a well-spaced wolf dash, you can combo into 2C > 6B straight from it and into a 5k+ corner carry combo.

5B > 5C > 236A > RC > 2C > 6B > ... is also a possibility if you have the meter. That's what I can think of right now, it should be accurate lol.

Alright sweet thanks

Gonna have to start using the frame trap and 2A>2C>6B.

Ill try to post up some footy of me playing so i can really get some info on how i should be playing him.

Corner requires 100 meter

6B FC > 2C > jc > j.236236C > RC 2C > 6C > 2C > TK214B > 5D > w[j.236A > 236A > 236B > j.236B > 7CD] > j.C > 5B > 236A > 2C > w[j.DB > 3C > j.A > 5D] > 5B > 2C > j.B >j.B > j.C > j.236236C Damage: 9002

Alright sweet thanks

Gonna have to start using the frame trap and 2A>2C>6B.

Ill try to post up some footy of me playing so i can really get some info on how i should be playing him.

On another topic, as Kiba told be yesterday, don't forget that sometimes you can go for wolf mixups if you make him block 2A. Like 2A > 5D > Command grab/w.5A.

It should make yourself less predictable and scarier. The guide, the wiki and the combo this thread will be pretty useful.

Corner requires 100 meter

6B FC > 2C > jc > j.236236C > RC 2C > 6C > 2C > TK214B > 5D > w[j.236A > 236A > 236B > j.236B > 7CD] > j.C > 5B > 236A > 2C > w[j.DB > 3C > j.A > 5D] > 5B > 2C > j.B >j.B > j.C > j.236236C Damage: 9002

Magnificient, thank you.

I just think 2A > command grab is highly deceptive. You know I also usually forget that 5A whiffs on crouchers, so we can copy Ragna 2A > 5A (whiff) > Throw/2C nonsense.

I added the combo to the list DJ. Excellent.

I just think 2A > command grab is highly deceptive. You know I also usually forget that 5A whiffs on crouchers, so we can copy Ragna 2A > 5A (whiff) > Throw/2C nonsense.

I added the combo to the list DJ. Excellent.

2A > 5A (whiff) > 6C

Works well against people who don't OS throw tech (plus I find it easier to open people up with 6C using this blockstring as opposed to 5B/5C > 6C, which is just too obvious).

Another blockstring to do for people who don't OS throw tech:

2A > dash > throw

followed by

2A > dash > 6C

Most people react to hops by expecting a throw (blame Haku-Men I guess).

Good mix-up against respectful opponents that pretty much every Valk should be running now (I think Hima was the first to really abuse this): 2A/5B jump cancel > jD > 3C > w5A (empty jump low basically, really hard to see, and you can mix it up with 3C > wjA).