Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Kiba

[CSE] Valkenhayn Combo Discussion (Updated: 6/7/13)

I've also seen valks use w5A, then back high jump (I think it comes out faster) to feint 7C and bait anti airs and stuff.

2A > 5A (whiff) > 6C

Works well against people who don't OS throw tech (plus I find it easier to open people up with 6C using this blockstring as opposed to 5B/5C > 6C, which is just too obvious).

LOL. That's quite awesome.

Well at least Valk still has 3C/2B after 5B use. I will admit that 5C > 6C is hella predictable and I'm surprised people fall for it.

2A > dash > 6C

Most people react to hops by expecting a throw (blame Haku-Men I guess).

Good mix-up against respectful opponents that pretty much every Valk should be running now (I think Hima was the first to really abuse this): 2A/5B jump cancel > jD > 3C > w5A (empty jump low basically, really hard to see, and you can mix it up with 3C > wjA).

Honestly I think I abuse this too much. Ima see if I can add this stuff though. Thanks for the input Leo. :)

Corner requires 100 meter

6B FC > 2C > jc > j.236236C > RC 2C > 6C > 2C > TK214B > 5D > w[j.236A > 236A > 236B > j.236B > 7CD] > j.C > 5B > 236A > 2C > w[j.DB > 3C > j.A > 5D] > 5B > 2C > j.B >j.B > j.C > j.236236C Damage: 9002

5B after w[j.236A > 236A > 236B > j.236B > 7CD] > j.C is quite hard to land :/

I have a really hard time landing the bluebeat (jC) to stop rolls with a basic ender like, let's say, 2C > w[j.DA] > j.C (j.C). Do I just need to do it really fast?

EDIT: the first wolf starter corner combo's video link doesn't skip to the right time (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ua6Rtv9W3gM&T=1m21s) because of the uppercase T I guess.

There isn't really a trick to it, you just have to get used to the timing of when the first [h]j.C recovers in the air.

I doubt if this can lead to a good combo but I discovered you can combo off a 6C Fatal. You could RC after hit and combo into 5A. Idk if anyone could make anything practical out of this.

Well midscreen there's always

FC 6C > RC > 5A > 5B > j.B > j.214B > w[5D > j.236A > j.236B > 4/5D > j.B > j.B > 5B > j.D] > j.B > j.B > j.C

There's probably a way to make it corner carry. I don't know if it's worth it though...

Ok I know this is pretty noob (Rachel is the only character I'm decent with right now) but I was wanting to know how to extend this combo further.

6B FC, 5D, w5A, w5B, wj.AAA, w236A, w236B, 5C, wj.B, wj.B (land).

What should I do after this? Would like to go human before end of combo.

You'd end it with:

w[5B] > j.DB > dj.B > j.C

But you should'nt follow up 6B FC with w.5A, since it's far from optimal.

This would be a legit combo to start from w.5A with, though.

Ok I know this is pretty noob (Rachel is the only character I'm decent with right now) but I was wanting to know how to extend this combo further.

6B FC, 5D, w5A, w5B, wj.AAA, w236A, w236B, 5C, wj.B, wj.B (land).

What should I do after this? Would like to go human before end of combo.

Traditional enders for something like this would be (Continuing from your combo):

[w]5B > j.DB > dj.B > j.C > 236236C

[w]5B > j.B > 3C > j.A > Land 5D > 5B > 632146D

[w]5B > j.B > 3C > j.A > Land 5D > 5B > 2C > j.B > dj.B >j.C > j.236236C

I am actually in process of making a new Valk CMV and I am currently fooling around with optimal damage off of FC 6B ~ 5D > [w]j.A. I'll post stuff in a bit.

Oh? Might actually learn something from that. I thought 6B FC > 2C > stuff was the only viable route.

FC 6B > 2C is much more reliable as it deals a ton more damage overall and makes hit stun and damage deterioration less of an issue.

You know...im disappointed that the Valk boards are dead or no one wants to come in and say something in fear of being called a tier whore...

even the plat boards get more action than this tumbleweed

Hows everyone doing

You know...im disappointed that the Valk boards are dead or no one wants to come in and say something in fear of being called a tier whore...

even the plat boards get more action than this tumbleweed

Hows everyone doing

Good, good. Valk is well too. I even made a cute little bnb vid for beginners. I have a ? Recently I've been ending a lot of combos with j.ab j.c and then landing a j.c on my way down for oki. Everyone has seen this tons of times. For some reason the second j.c only comes out half the time. Any advice on landing the falling j.c after knockdown?

Good, good. Valk is well too. I even made a cute little bnb vid for beginners. I have a ? Recently I've been ending a lot of combos with j.ab j.c and then landing a j.c on my way down for oki. Everyone has seen this tons of times. For some reason the second j.c only comes out half the time. Any advice on landing the falling j.c after knockdown?

Good to hear

About the Jump C it will only hit on certain combo starters and short endings

Since this is the combo thread and everything i figured this is the right place to ask.

Now, i dont play Valk but i have been considering picking him up. That aside, i check a few combos on training mode once in a while and noticed 3C(Air hit)>236B>236B combos. You need to hit with the tip of 3C's hitbox though or else it wont combo. What i want to ask is that if there is any use for that, considering 236B(2) P2 is pretty bad, Even though it does give a nice wallbounce.

I feel a bit weird showing up on the Valk boards, but this is probably the best place to ask.

Since [h]236A can be rather easily combo'd off of in the corner at most heights and prorates the combo less, from a practical standpoint, I can't really think of a reason to do 3C > 236B~236B. That would however be interesting to see in a combo video, since 3C > 236B doesn't usually combo in this version of the game.

5B(or whatever starter you can get)>3C>236A>2C>6C>3C>236B>236B Combos, by the way. You can use both 236A and 236B on the same combo, but i dont know what legit ways to follow up after it you have considering the hitstun decay and high proration by that point.

Any air juggle on the corner can slap a 3C>236B>236B in it, in fact. It's just HOW you can effectively follow it up that confuses me.