Most Unknown

Accent Core: ABA Discussion

Man, if either of the Veronicas played ABA, they'd totally not be as good as me anyway. But I'd still take either.

Yeah I learned from the start by reading that "danzi happy players get punished." So I really eliminated it from my pressure string list as well as her butt since its highly punishable with out a RC or distance from push back, but it really is usefull if you think they'll burst or jump out. I've also noticed also tk orbs is alot like the fuzzy guard mixup because you can land and attack low or you can low FRC IAD and bring them up off the ground with the j.k land 5S, 2S so on.. or j.S land 5S 2H so on.. but you have to be pretty low for the j.S and 5S to connect thats if it hits but deffenetly something worth using. d:

In regards to Butt in pressure, you can reset into like 5S 2D Butt; the 2D pushes you back far enough to make the Butt safe, catch / pin jumpers, and give funny frames without a cancel. It's pretty sweet.

clouth, while you'll need to know which characters this works on and which ones it doesn't, j.K can combo into a 2hit orb if it connects on a large portion of the cast. doing hits in a blockstring before the j.K connects (like airdash j.S j.P j.K) might effect this due to pushback, but I haven't tested that yet. if you land a j.K and are able to though, orbs are a really great option.

don Thats what I'm saying. orbs frc iad in j.k wields alot of oppertunitys and is easly hit confirmed since you see them launch. If they block the orbs and see the iad they have to decide to block high, low or throw. Roughly the same as fuzzy without the unblockable 2nd j.s. Ive used this and it works for the most part when I don't screw it up by missing the frc dash and get punished. I'm not sure if anyone can fit a 6p in before you iad in, but no one has tried. d: Yeah theres a few instances where butt has nice pressure aswell as good safe range. But I always just find myself thinking after some push back from a 6H should be enough room untill it wiffs compleatly and I land and am left in the cold for some serious beat down, also Jams are scary with there perrys ._.

Does anyone use that huge leap backwards that's possible after a rekkas frc on block to blood pack in or out of moroha? It seems like a really good gimmick to use every once in a while but I've never seen it in any other match videos or heard anyone mention it on these here boards.

I am having a problem, using aba. Its been a while since i played with her, thanks to blazblue, and I can't seem to get the orbs loop down. I know the inputs its just I cant seem to land the first j.s j.hs j.d orbs 100% time. I get it like 40% maybe 0%. Ill do the inputs and it seems when i hit dust most of the time the move is activated but not completed since I hit the ground before I do orbs. :vbang: Is there an easier way to do orbs loop?

Orb loop is not universal. In johnny for example, it doesn't works. In the corner Orb loop theory is 2Hs (2hits) >IAD > Js > JHs > Orb> land> 669 > Js > JHs > JD > Orb *2 (or 3 with specific characters). But in the practice, it is so difficult to execute them and timing for IAD is not the same with all characters (immediatly with Ky and delay with Zappa for example).. And don't forget, Orb loop is pretty, but A.B.A has lot of safe methods for win :p

Ok thank you and I understand, although that's not gonna stop me from learning the loop. I love to be flashy sometimes u know? :kitty: Is there anyone who know each input for the loop, since it is supposedly character specific?

HUMM Except Johnny the loop is the same for all charts. = just the IAD is specific charts But for A.B.A to A.B.A, you make 2HS (2hits) > JS > JD (mini delay for execute this) > Orb > 669 > JS > JHS > JD > ORB :p

lol nope, all the work files were on my old HD and it got virused up :( so I'd have to remake it. Maybe one day when I have the time I'll do it. Or maybe I wait until GGXXX!

Yo, I'm not sure if theres any activity in this forum but ahwell, I'm contemplating on picking up ABA because I'm beginning to get sick of Bridgets damage output and with the lack of human competition I've found Bridget more than frustrating to use when it came to a tourney really (Basically due to lack of playing against the cast I had the classic 'not knowing the matchups' and with Bridget that seems really difficult)

But yeah tl;dr I'm sick of his damage output.

Whats the learning curve like for ABA? I've gone through the guide written (Good shit there) just wondering if theres anything else I should consider starting out?

Learn the combos. If you can't do that combos, you can't play ABA.

lo'

just wondering do the properties of keygrab change depending on distance?

i was sitting in training mode and set cpu to guard on yet within throw range it will connect while anything outside that is blocked.

yes!

If you are in grab distance> keygrab grab like a grab (:woot:)

If you dont, Keygrab was blocked!

So is ABA don't knock down his opponent, the keygrab don't grab...

Honestly i don't understand your post :D

Sorry, I've got some A.B.A. noob questions... :(

First and foremost, I'm playing on a NAOMI so I'm not sure if there's a difference between A.B.A. on my version and the one Moroha's video was posted on. Which version is that? AC+?

At 1:01 there's a jHS that floors Chip. Why? I can't seem to reproduce that. Herpderp, Counter Hit floors. I didn't see the COUNTER HIT banner, though....? :sweatdrop:

In the same combo, there's a jS jHS jD 41236S rejump jS jHS jD 41236S loop. I can't reproduce this, either. Herpderp x 2 - don't practice BnB char-specific orbs on characters I already knew it didn't work on.

Thanks for the video. I recede from asking stupid questions I should be able to answer myself. I blame it on the overwhelming awesome of Moroha's video. :)

Edited by Supa

All questions are not stupid. All questions are good!

So the NAOMI version is the Guilty gear accent Core Jap version. Not AC+.

The NAOMI version comport many bugs like the first console version (AC simply).

Accent core + is console specific version without bugs! It doesn't exist in arcade!

So for the first herpderp (^.^) > if you don't see the counter hit banner, see if the character make a ground slide :D That's the counter :D

For the number 2 > Many players make the Orb combo with the "9" direction (jump forward) but 669 is the key. Make a 669 when you landing and the combo works :D

The NAOMI version comport many bugs like the first console version (AC simply).

this isn't true. there's no bugs (that i know of) in the naomi version. the reason we knew the jp ps2 version was bugged was because we had the arcade version to compare it to.

anyways, the only significant difference i can think of is that the third hit of aba's rekka does exhibit a bit of slowdown in the arcade version, which slightly changes when you input the frc.

I was under the impression there were slight differences between AC NOAMI and AC/AC+ console. I couldn't tell you what they might have been, though. :\

as far as i can tell, the only differences are in slowdown (particularly right after "let's rock" and during superflash, but certain moves will cause it as well) and the actual speed of the game (console version is ever-so-slightly faster).