Most Unknown

Accent Core: ABA Discussion

So yeah, sorry if this is thread revival? But I'll probably start playing A.B.A. with the upcoming SEN/XBLA release and will probably tag along. I tried most of the characters in the cast and she's the one I enjoyed the most and is willing to learn how to play her.

Is it me or is A.B.A. hell to play on stick? Well, hmm, I've been playing her on the psp version of AC+. I play have been playing litchi on stick since Calamity Trigger. But it seems I can IAD fine with every character accept for A.B.A. and those reckas on the right side are driving me nuts. Doing the 46 S and avoiding random 2 are grrr. On pad i seemed fine. I suppose I'm gonna have to really grind out just basic inputs. But the IAD are driving me nuts.

412368b I noticed that she finishes her jump after the move. Is this useful in any situation? Because I can't seem to use any other moves until I land.

Edited by Lunar_Divider

If you jump in and do it low to the ground (just before landing) you can link into 5K 5S 5HS 236S 64S 63214S FRC 623HS etc

Edited by Bibiquadium

In fact, if you want to attack after a TK j.41236S, you'll need to FRC it.

Off a jump-in j.41236S midscreen, you can do 66 5P 5S 2HS IAD j.S (you want it to hit very low to the ground) j.41236S 669 j.S j.HS j.D slight delay j.41236S 669 j.S dj.S 63214HS (you'll have to cut it short vs May, I-No, Dizzy and one or two other characters)

There are better variants depending on the character, but I'm a bit lazy to post them all here, the combo thread covers some of them, but not the best ones IMO.

There are some sick advanced combos that involve TKing and FRCing orbs a few times, too, before going into the rest of orbs loop. Usually reserved for when their guard bar's cranked IIRC.

There are some sick advanced combos that involve TKing and FRCing orbs a few times, too, before going into the rest of orbs loop. Usually reserved for when their guard bar's cranked IIRC.

yeah, generally i go for it off of butt RC double orbs, you can do like...2K cS 2H(2) Butt RC Orbs(2) TK Orbs(2) FRC Orbs (2) [Additional rep of TK Orbs (2) FRC Orbs if you have the meter] Jump loop. its expensive though ;;

also, irrelevant but in ACR your midscreen combos can outdamage jump loop off of heavily prorated starters. something like...2K 5S 2H(1) Danzai dash fS/cS 5H(2) Danzai dash jSHD Orbs does more than 2K 5S 2H(2) IAD jSH Orbs jSHD Orbs dash jSHD Orbs

overall, 5H vaccum is honestly a huge buff IMO. Its seriously good. amazing combo part, amazing pressure tool as well! you dont get HUGE CH STAGGER DAMAGE (most of the time, stagger hitboxes get yanked in at max range unless you are fighting pot or something and you barely nick him) but with different routes you can yield solid damage. Also, doing 5H 236S~46S stagger recombo stuff is decent too. the main draw of vaccum 5H in that regard is that with a close vaccum 5H, even midscreen you can universally do 5H(2) 236S~46S > Double keygrab.

idk why im posting this in this thread

Edited by not_lunaris

Hey kids. If any of you ABA players are coming to EVO, let's hang out and talk ABA. Because not a lot of people talk our ABA language. (The best language.)

I've been experimenting with 236p FRC and it's goddamn hilarious how it works, since you keep the momentum after the FRC you can jump forward after it and you literally cover the whole screen pretty damn fast, nobody expects Normal mode ABA to move fast aside from 236p FB so you can hit them with an overhead out of nowhere, you can do j.K>land>SJ>j.P>j.S>keystab, or if you time it right j.S>land>5P/5K/c.S>2D>keystab for oki, the j.S also clashes or trades with a lot of anti-airs if the spacing is correct. If people expect it (for some fucking reason) you can just land>2K>2D>keystab, and since you only used one jump you can do airdash>(j.S>)j.P.>j.K>land>SJ>j.P>J.S>keystab to delay your overhead, or just double jump (8, not 9 on the stick, or you'll end up flying behind the opponent) j.H to bait anti-airs. You can also do j.H after the jump to become a flying hitbox of pain and suffering through the whole screen, or just land near the opponent to keygrab/throw, if you feel like being a faggot you can do air super too, the possibilities are endless. I know this is gimmicky as hell and I'm not even sure if it's been discussed but it's just too damn funny not to share.

Also I've trying to nail down 236p>FRC>236S (this was actually the reason why I started playing around with 236p FRC :toot:) wich increases the range of the special significantly, wich is good for Normal mode ABA but I've been having some problems, for some reason the momentum of the slide doesn't carry in some cases :?:

236p FRC is really unappreciated.

Edited by Mumm-Ra

I know right? Also after a keystab into normal mode, it leaves you in perfect position to do either 236p>FRC>8>j.S>5P>(c.S>)2D>keystab during their wakeup, or 236p>FRC>9(crosses over the opponent)>air backdash>j.S>land>5P>(c.S>)2D>keystab for a crossup. This might be different in +R since the distance put between your opponent and you after the keystab isn't the same I believe.

Edited by Mumm-Ra

Hey guys, got back from EVO2013 and ended up with 4th place. Not too shabby. I ended up beating ABEGEN and Woki in Top 8 before losing to Domi Anji. Check out the matches, Klaige actually did a pretty thorough analysis of my match against ABEGEN here; http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9FcBuw4stZg. My rust (And ABEGEN's!) obviously shows with some unfortunate drops here and there, but it was a lot of fun to play and is worth a watch if you're interested in picking up some more ABA theory.

What happened to the ABA threads? its like a ghost town in here.... is anyone going to make a +R thread? am i just stupid and cant locate it?