Most Unknown

Accent Core: ABA Discussion

And what's funny is that ABA was already a pretty straight forward character. You see her use the same air combo over and over again and now this move will probably be her primary launcher. This FB is going to be so abusive. Edit: I watched more videos. ABA shouldn't even be tourney legal.

I agree that ABA seems crazy good in this game. However, I wonder if getting killed by random knockdowns will keep her from the top...characters like Baiken, Eddie, & Pote also have broken stuff and are free of that level of risk. *shrug*

ABA had quite a few. What a good ABA player will have to do is use the key and keep her range. She has to control the match not them. Naturally of course this can't happen all the time and when it doesn't it can end up being a rapefest for poor ABA.

aba's FB purple shit is so broken it's ridiculous. Half the match vids i have seen that is the ONLY move she hits with and she wins handily. It's not like she got nerfed in other areas other than the rekkas

erm.. when u say purple shit we might get confused with konsetsu...

but now we're talkin about her uppercut aka Danzai no?

Do we know all the color schemes besides her default that ABA has in Accent Core? So far I've seen - 1. Deep purple key, pink hair, red/white clothes (New color) 2. Red key, light blue hair, dark blue/white clothes (New color) 3. Pink key, blond hair, pink/white clothes (/ Normal Kick color) 4. Black key, red hair, red/white clothes (/ Normal HS color)

Everybody knows OTG state is where the combo really begins.

Combos off the ground? That's some dirty snacking.

Do we know all the color schemes besides her default that ABA has in Accent Core?

So far I've seen -

1. Deep purple key, pink hair, red/white clothes (New color)

2. Red key, light blue hair, dark blue/white clothes (New color)

3. Pink key, blond hair, pink/white clothes (/ Normal Kick color)

4. Black key, red hair, red/white clothes (/ Normal HS color)

gUd thats my favorite one

and i checked all my AC ABA vids and i didn't find anymore colors than the ones you have listed.

http://kanenoneforever.sakura.ne.jp/ ABA vs Potemkin match.. A.B.A combos into keygrab from morha mode, then she OTGs Potemkin back into moroha mode, and IT COMBOS. WTF!?!?

seriously, anyone have an explanation for this?!

I will NEVER run out of blood packs again.hahaha. i guess otg is more leinient in AC.

ok everyone I need some help... Pot is so broken in AC... I can do alright against other characters but Pot is gheyz... Pot = slide head->OTG combo->Heat Knuckle/Pot Buster... and I'm not sure if it was in Slash but Pot also does 6H(i think? it's where he extends his arms and covers like the whole damn screen) and block stun from that = free slide head = lay on the ground for 10 seconds while he casually walks up ->OTG->heat knuckle/pot buster... ok enough about that crap... How da hell do I beat him???? I need some strats...

Pot always had 6H but it never comboed into slide head until AC. I'm not sure what to tell you. ABA was always horrible against Potemkin due to his numerous knockdown capabilities. Sounds like they're even better now. You have to contol the match and keep pressure on Pot. Its the only way. If you give him some breathing space then eventually ABA won't be breathing at all. If anything I would suggest perfecting your pressure game.

How does 6H combo into Slide Head now? 6H has always caused knockdown. EDIT: Oh, block stun. In any case, Potemkin's new Slide Head properties keep people from playing keep away all day, much like Testament's EXE Beast. Players in Japan are simply being idiots and getting hit with Slide Head on wake-up - Gohn's has always assumed that it's not possible to create an unblockable Slide Head wake-up scenario. Could be wrong about that, though. As for battling Potemkin, he's always going to be a pain in the ass for A.B.A. As Zoog pointed out, Potemkin has plenty of ways to nail your ass to the ground, then crawl up you's butt and eat all of you's organs-es-es-es.

For those interested, here are some A.B.A. combos I've translated from the ^Core mook:

A.B.A.

1. (Normal Mode) j.HS, 5P, 2S, 2HS JC j.S, j.P, j.S, dj.S, 63214HS (123)

2. (Normal Mode) (corner) 5S(f), 236S, 46S, 63214S FRC dash 2HS JC j.S, j.P, j.S, dj.S, 63214HS (146)

3. (Normal Mode) (corner) 5D, homing jump, j.S x3~4, j.P, j.S, j.P, j.S, dj.S, 63214HS (93)

4. (Moroha Mode) 5S(f), 236S, 46S, 63214S FRC dash 6HS JC j.S, dj.S, j.HS, j.D (196)

5. (Moroha Mode) j.S, j.HS [5S©, 2HS] or [2K, 5S©, 2HS] JC air dash j.S, j.HS, 41236S FRC dash 5S©, 2S JC j.HS (197)

6. (Moroha Mode) (corner) j.S, j.HS [5S©, 2HS] or [2K, 5S©, 2HS] JC air dash j.S, j.HS, 41236S, 2S, 63214HS, 63214HS (182)

7. (Moroha Mode) (corner) j.HS, 5S©, 2HS JC j.S, j.HS, j.D, 41236S dash jump j.S, j.HS, j.D, 41236S, dash jump, j.K, j.S, dj.HS, 63214HS (234)

8. (Moroha Mode) (corner) j.S, j.HS [5S©, 2HS] or [2K, 5S©, 2HS] 421HS RC 41236S, dash jump j.S, j.HS, j.D, 41236S, 63214HS, 63214HS (224)

9. (Moroha Mode) (corner) 623D, dash jump j.S, j.HS, j.D (land) j.S, j.HS, j.D, 41236S, dash jump j.S, dj.S, j.HS, 63214HS (250)

10. (Moroha Mode) (corner) throw, 623D, 2HS, 623D, 5S(f), 63214HS, 63214HS (99)

Notes:

Combos 1.~3. all start in Normal Mode and combo into Keygrab at the end to transform in Moroha Mode.

I think the idea with Combos 6., 8. and 10. is to combo into Keygrab at the end to transform into Normal Mode and hence recover health but then to immediately use Keygrab to go back into Moroha Mode.

Combo 9. uses her new Force Break move, 623D (similar to her usual 623HS).

The notes I added myself but there are also further notes still to translate.

Man, how has no one mentioned the utter horribleness that is Aba's new voice. Aside from the Key chiming in when you bloodpact she sounds terrrrrible. I havn't seen Aba lose a round yet(lol broke) so could some one confirm if she still goes "oogie oogie oogie"?

Man, how has no one mentioned the utter horribleness that is Aba's new voice. Aside from the Key chiming in when you bloodpact she sounds terrrrrible. I havn't seen Aba lose a round yet(lol broke) so could some one confirm if she still goes "oogie oogie oogie"?

Seen her lose plenty of rounds [and matches]. That new Force Break of her 623HS is what's totally annoying now.

As for her new voice, it's apparent that the developers are going for a 'Hey, Let's Make Her Voice Totally Not Fit Her Appearance' ideal. Her overall theme is supposed to make you go: "...Ew."

Paracelsus's muteness and blank stare adds mystery to him. I like him the way he is. But if they added a voice then I will see if I can accomodate...