Most Unknown

Accent Core: ABA Discussion

it's easier to tech out of a burst in AC than in slash... a lot of the times u can tech out of a burst air dash foward w/ j.HS and give them a surprise ground slide>combo :)

Paracelsus's muteness and blank stare adds mystery to him. I like him the way he is. But if they added a voice then I will see if I can accomodate...

Watch A.B.A's intro, Paracelsus talks. :kitty:

hey guys! I was toying around with [random poke string] -> 2HS jc iad j.S j.HS 41236S frc -> etc. in training mode, and I noticed that if your string is long enough (i.e. starts with j.S j.HS or something) you'll build just enough meter as the 41236S lands to frc it. on the off chance that I started off a 2K with absolutely no tension or a negative penalty though, I was trying out ... 2HS jc iad j.S j.HS keygrab and noticed that the iad has to be pretty high for the keygrab to land after the j.HS. this led to me to experiment with ... 2HS sjc iad j.S j.HS, but more often than not I ran into the same problem of not being able to land an air keygrab after j.HS, though it definitely worked a bit better than jc iad (maybe I just need more practice on the sjc iad timing). anyways, what do you guys think of the sjc iad? should I keep practicing it, or is there something big I'm missing (I haven't actually watched that many AC aba vids yet)? or should I just stick to ... 2HS jc iad j.D keygrab (much easier, but less damage) during those very rare cases where I don't have enough tension to frc 41236S?

whatever you are trying to do, don't forget to test it vs. different characters (different weight and hitboxes). usually, there are way longer and better combos after 2hs[2] than simply iad.j.s,hs. usually you would try to extend the combo with a relaunch.

Any advice for ABA vs a counter-happy Baiken? I just picked up ABA as a secondary(possibly new main) with AC. So far this has been my worst matchup. I'm used to Millia being able to poke with about anything and be able to recover in time to block/avoid a counter, but I've been having no such luck with ABA.

What's with Millia players going ABA main? (I was a Millia player in #R, ABA main in Slash and AC). Anyway, for Baiken match up just try to space yourself from her a bit, also use A.B.A's dragon punch mixed in with her pressure strings, counter happy baiken will eat those 623HS. This was for Slash though.. Not so sure about in AC as I am not sure how the match up changed now, but I am sure her Force Break DP can do a great job too. Feel free to poke with 5K as well. Maybe even 2P, but that one is uncomfirmed.

Thanks for the quick reply. Sounds like good advice. I'll work on incorporating that into my game this weekend when we get together again. As for the Millia to ABA thing, I guess I just needed a change of pace. I played around with about half the crew, and ABA was the most fun.

Also try to space your pressure, don't just mash all her frame traps at her. Try to bait her counters.

one of the best pieces of advice to give you would be: faultless defense. her pressures don't let up generally, and all you can do to avoid unblockables / make her pressures have holes is to push her away as much as possible while risking very little. if you push her away farther, her tick throw set-ups will be more obvious and you will take less damage overall. ;o i know i'm kinda talking anti-aba strats, but whatevers.

Hmm - the 2nd hit of FB Danzai acts like May's Jackhound, in that it'll hit the opponent OTG but allow a full combo afterwards...or at least a dash-in keygrab. For example, a stupid combo that shows it is vs. Sol, in corner, 5S->2H (2 hits) xx regular Danzai, juggle with FB Danzai, FB Danzai (OTG, 2nd hit only), dash in keygrab. Or you can do (from the proper distance) 2D xx FB Danzai (OTG 2nd hit), dash in keygrab. This will probably never be useful, but it's there. :^) Mike Z

Edit: I posted some videos of me playing my friend's Baiken in the video forum. Most of my matches are against Baiken and this is what works for me: - Throws. You get to / have to throw Baiken more than other characters. Remember this but don't go too far. - 41236k. Good for when she is getting up after a knockdown, but do not try any setups involving block string. - Max range 5s combos: These are pretty safe. If the 5s is blocked then jump forward and hold forward to block her crossup counter. If she does the p or s counter you have her, otherwise mixup with crossups / throws / doublejumps / whatever. - Crossovers: j.HS is a very good crossup move and can lead into lots of combos. A lot of the time you won't be able to hit with 2HS after this, so I usually use 5k 5s rekkas. IAD from medium distance to start a combo like this. - Double crossover: Good for when she is getting up or may want to counter. Dash and jump over her, then air dash back to the other side of her and j.HS on the way down. The most important thing to remember is that none of your block strings will work. After 1 hit if you are not comboing her then you must evade (block / jump / 623 hs) or throw if you are feeling lucky. Do not go on autopilot, you are not safe.

Edit: I posted some videos of me playing my friend's Baiken in the video forum.

mind linking the vids over here as well?

edit: nvm just found em carry on...lol

A few questions: 1. What's max damage/max dmg with keystab when you hit 236k in a corner? As it seems quite hard to juggle after. 2. Whats max damage after FB 623D mid screen/corner? thanx for the help.

Hmm ok, I have a question regarding ABA that has probably already been answered but I don't see it... Why exactly is A.B.A. able to tech really early on certain things? For example, Axl's counters and Axl's throw, she can tech reeeallly early. Can I get an explanation on how this works? Or why it works?

So that she doesn't hit the floor and get her bar reduced by 1/3!!! D: Actually, I am not sure if that is true(her teching early). I've never noticed it.

Well, for example, pick Axl vs. anyone. say Sol. Have Axl throw Sol. He can't tech at all. Now pick Axl vs. ABA and have him throw her...she techs early. She does it to random other stuff too like Bandit Bringer and whatnot, I'm just not sure what the reasoning is behind it?

Hmm.. Then maybe it is so that she doesn't hit the ground as much thus having her Moroha bar reduced..

Ah guess it's just for a little added defense against losing bar then. Thanks anyhow and sorry for the dumb question :p Now to figure out how the actual thing works(IE does it reduce her techable time by a specific amount after ground bounce? Or what rules dictate it!? :o!!!)

Don't mash as hard, never happens to me. You are just mashing too hard, make sure you are getting the motion right. :\ It really should be happening.

VS BAIKEN: another thing you can do besides run up + throw (ABA's throw range is godly) is to start your chains w/ lows like: 2P>2K>S>2HS>etc ... baiken cant counter against lows Oh and also... AC console version is WHACK... it's kinda good to try stuff out on but... I'm gonna continue going to the arcade cuz yeah... console isnt arcade perfect... :X

baiken cant counter against lows

I'm pretty sure she can...

Oh and also... AC console version is WHACK... it's kinda good to try stuff out on but... I'm gonna continue going to the arcade cuz yeah... console isnt arcade perfect... :X

How so?