Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

CrimsonDisaster

Slayer vs. Ky

- Basic Info - (A) Overview The shockingly gay Frenchman is typically at an advantage for a lot of the game. In neutral situations, Ky has a lot of safe ways to take the momentum, and his normals are problematic for Slayer. His corner pressure is particularly difficult for Slayer, since Slayer's options in that situation are really risky. However you typically get a few chances to escape since he isn't going to do a ton of damage unless you let him jack up your guardbar, and a lot of his combos are going to leave you out of the corner. However, that's not to say Slayer loses the fight. Good defense opens up opportunities to escape and put the hurt on Ky. While your pokes are about evenly matched, with Ky's coming out a bit ahead in terms of winning minor poking battles, several of your pokes are potential game winners. Your corner pressure is a bit easier for Ky to escape, but still risky, and 1-2 wrong guesses = ggpo. To win, it takes patience to weather the constant barrage of pokes, COCONUTS, and huge frame trap normals. You win off a 2-3 correct guesses (assuming you land your combos) so you don't need to open yourself up until you're ready to go for it. (B) Matchup Ratio ## : ## © Top 5 Moves (IMHO)... for Ky: 1) 6P 2) 2H 3) 5H 4) 2S 5) (air) 236H FRC (honorable mention - jK) for Slayer: 1) jH 2) 6P 3) 2H 4) 6H 5) BBU (236D) (D) Turning points... for Ky: - start of the round - neutral situations (w/ tension advantage) - knockdown for Slayer: - major CH - corner knockdown - BBU under poke/fireball

I think one of Ky's Move he uses can be good against Slayer is the jD or the Force Break ones.. if done well at distances it gest hard for slayer to get in most of the time.

I think one of Ky's Move he uses can be good against Slayer is the jD or the Force Break ones..

if done well at distances it gest hard for slayer to get in most of the time.

If he does that, just stand back and wait for them to go away.

Ky's a fight of patients. It's difficult to approach since you have to work your way through pokes and cross and fireballs, and he gets some easy mix ups, but generally they're easy to block. Remember his dust is BBUable, so punish him hard for it.

I think to win this fight you have to slowly work your way in. You can also take some risks with BBU, and once you get a life advantage, let him come to you. The Ky I play all the time turtles like a mother fucker though so I dunno if I have any "real" Ky experience. Mostly just Purify experience.

Fighting Ky feels like a CVS2 match to me. Lots of turtling and safe poking. Extremely boring.

I´ve been trying to beat a Ky player but i cant, he is a cheap mtf. all the things he does is air fireballs and abuse of ky´s long range pokes. What can i do to get close to him??? I cant even beat his pokes (help)

I´ve been trying to beat a Ky player but i cant, he is a cheap mtf. all the things he does is air fireballs and abuse of ky´s long range pokes.

What can i do to get close to him??? I cant even beat his pokes (help)

You are not alone good friend, fighting Ky is one of the most annoying matchups in the game. His zoning game is perfect for keeping Slayer away and his poking game is just perfect enough to beat him out too. You can't unleash all your oki either because of wake up Vapor Thrust. So what do you do? Inch by inch I suppose :/

If your opponent is fireball spamming, go ahead and 6P through them on reaction to inch your way towards him. Another way to approach is to be tricky with your double jumps and try to have Ky block a j.HS. This way, you can begin your mixup. Once you're in, stay in, but be wary of VT wake up.

Honestly, it's just a pain in the ass. Everything Ky does stuffs you, and if Ky wants to keep you away, he can do it. However, it does take him quite a while to kill you. As long as you stay patient and block correctly, you can look for openings to BBU or start your pressure. They are few and far between, but 2-3 openings is usually all Slayer needs for a win.

Vapor thrust isn't really that good against Slayer Oki game, cause it is easily baitable..and once it is baited, ky has 2 option, FRC the thrust thing or RC the Vapor Thrust part, or die... FRCing the Thurst part isnt' even guaranting his safety anyways... it just you have to learn to know when to throw an attack and go in honestly..

Sorry, but I just don't get why Ky has advantage at neutral situations. IMO in this matchup, Slayer just isn't going to have any troubles when he's in a neutral situation. IMO, "having advantage in neutral situations" means that the character could force the opponent to eat his/her game and the opponent just can't do anything, not even escaping/running away. And, just how would Ky do that to Slayer? The only characters who could do that are ones with great space-controlling abilities, and Ky isn't like that. Well, not that great. I believe that the key to victory in this matchup is playing unpredictably. Slayer just has to aim for big combo starters like BBU and 2H, and he won't get many chances for it unless he's unpredictable to Ky. So, Slayer gotta move around like a madman. Dash dash dash dash... jump and airdash. Dash dash dash dash... superjump and air backdash. Dash dash dash dash... FDC d-step. Dash dash dash dash... mappa. You get the idea.

The only characters who could do that are ones with great space-controlling abilities, and Ky isn't like that. Well, not that great.

lol, really?

:psyduck:

then later you eat an air combo or 2... Ky isn't just gona sit there and let you dash around like a mad man and confuse him while he sits there mezmorized by ur movements and later get hit...

Really, Ky isn't Eddie.

Ky isn't just gona sit there and let you dash around like a mad man and confuse him while he sits there mezmorized by ur movements and later get hit...

What's he gonna do, then? Can he destroy Slayer's unpredictability?

If Slayer is moving around like that, Ky's not gonna catch him. Slayer's not gonna catch Ky either, but it's exactly in that situation Slayer's "big CH game" can truly begin.

and when did we say Ky was eddie? right now i dont think people are saying Ky is scary, and can pressure to you to death.. well not for me at least.. but you just got to play it slow.. and being just unpredictable has many different levels in itself.. and you said Slayer not gona catch Ky and Ky isn't gona catch slayer, and slayer CH hit game is gona come into play... if Slayer isnt' gona be catchign Ky, what makes it so that Ky would go in On Slayer when he can just throw stuff on the other side while ur gona be avoiding it from whatever way Ky is throwing those stuff? obviously he isn't controlling space as good as eddie, or Testament or any other character who can take up large amount of space.. but he can still try to hit you from a much farther gap, where slayer has to get in to some degree to hit.. which isn't too bad.. you just got to see what are good places to go in and hit.. :/ you can sit there and be in neutral forever.. but game only lasts 99 seconds.

No you didn't say Ky was Eddie, and I didn't say that you're equalling Ky to Eddie either :kitty:

and you said Slayer not gona catch Ky and Ky isn't gona catch slayer, and slayer CH hit game is gona come into play... if Slayer isnt' gona be catchign Ky, what makes it so that Ky would go in On Slayer when he can just throw stuff on the other side while ur gona be avoiding it from whatever way Ky is throwing those stuff?

Wait, I think there's a misinterpretation here. I said Slayer gotta move around like a madman, I didn't say Slayer gotta KEEP HIMSELF AWAY from Ky. Slayer definitely have to get closer to Ky, but once Ky's in Slayer's effective attack range, Slayer gotta mix things up. He could let out a FDC mappa, or he could just jump. He could do IAD j.D, or he could air backdash to safety. Mix it up. And it's not gonna work unless Slayer's been moving around unpredictably.

but he can still try to hit you from a much farther gap, where slayer has to get in to some degree to hit..

And trying to hit Slayer from a long distance is like trying to shoot a rat with a rifle. The rat is way too fast and agile :kitty:

Ky can only fight Slayer effectively at mid-range, but it's the effective range for Slayer as well (mappa, 2H, BBU, IAD).

You are not alone good friend, fighting Ky is one of the most annoying matchups in the game. His zoning game is perfect for keeping Slayer away and his poking game is just perfect enough to beat him out too. You can't unleash all your oki either because of wake up Vapor Thrust. So what do you do? Inch by inch I suppose :/

if you time your 2K correctly, Ky's Vapour Thrust will whiff.

i personally have fought a couple of good kys, and they all play pretty differently.. i have played ones that are pretty good with their offense... one pretty good at Zoning and spacing and ones that like to play it super risky, and throw ALOT to okizeme resets.. i still find the offensive one the most annoying cause: as ur going up: Ky jK seems pretty effective air to air... Iad JH or watever experience wise, or comgin down jH, 6P works wonders on countering it or go behindg 6P.. Ky using good f. S pokes to stop 2H from coming out... Nice use of Okizeme and FB air cross things.. intend for Trade purposes.. but ones that liek to run away or out space are not tooo bad... overall.. but the good ones that know how to use that offence is pretty forminable :V...

IMO, "having advantage in neutral situations" means that the character could force the opponent to eat his/her game and the opponent just can't do anything, not even escaping/running away. And, just how would Ky do that to Slayer? The only characters who could do that are ones with great space-controlling abilities, and Ky isn't like that. Well, not that great.

Advantage doesn't mean "omg I win now kekeke gg," it just means what it says- an advantage.

That said... Ky's pokes typically beat Slayer's. Slayer has to fish a lot while Ky doesn't. Ky has fireballs that he can toss around till Slayer gets meter (then he can bait BBU and such pretty well anyhow).

Ky can anti-air Slayer pretty freely as well. 6P clashes with jH at worst unless he times it really poorly or you jH immaculately well. 2H trades or beats all your jump-ins cleanly if he does it early. Jump forward jK stuffs pretty much anything you try if you jump around the same time.

In a neutral situation, Ky has the edge. If Slayer wants to attack, he has to take risks where Ky doesn't. The difference is, Ky just keeps his momentum going as he wins poking fights and scores knockdowns and such- Ky is better at winning a lot of small victories (fireballing a poke, 2Ding various approach options, etc.) and running with it. Slayer's no slouch at knocking down and getting momentum, but he's much better at making the most of a few big victories (CH 2H, CH DoT, CH jH, 5K with tension, corner knockdown, etc.)

Seriously though, Ky controls space really well. Fighting Ky is mostly footsies in my experience- oh got him to whiff jK, 2S time. I think he wants to 2D a dash/Mappa/Dandy attempt, 2H. He's going to 2H as I come down, double jump to make it whiff, force him to block on the way down. Even stuff like Ky 6P clashes with jH here so SB his c.S after the clash then combo him.

Wow lots of responses, thanks. I havent thought of 6P that could be an answer, maybe if he likes to spam air fireballs s-dandy could be a way to approach to the french guy (that is if he doesnt frc it)

if you time your 2K correctly, Ky's Vapour Thrust will whiff.

Really? Is this from max range, or a range where linking 2s, 2d will work? :psyduck: I'm bad at 2k, 2d.

you can do it at probably 1 character width away, Vapor thrust isn't VV, it doesn't start from Ground up as far as i see it.. its kind of like Jam's DP and maybe like Order Sol's DP, if you put ur self just a bit away and do 2K well timed, or 6P you will beat the move... also from what i heard from a Ky player, Ky's DP trades with Robo-Ky's standing K so lol....

yep... though to be fair, the trade happens on wakeup (never tried normally, but when would taht ever happen), so perhaps this only happens with meaty Robo 5Ks and some positioning involved... i dunno. Nonetheless, ky's vt is pretty horrible

heh haven't tried that one, but i wouldn't be surprised. i remember an old Dr. Koo combo vid showing that sorta thing.

no, meaty HS wont beat VT. HS has 5 active frames, VT has 8(s)-10(hs) invulnerability frames. You have to time it to hit later then meaty.

The Uppercut works like this. At the Very base of his Feet it touchs the ground (Doesn't go into it and that point is way too fucking narrow too matter, like they would need to be pointblank. And some shit can still go under it like May 3K and a couple more.) The Hitbox is kinda a pizza shape for the most part. The HS one is slightly bigger than the S one. The Slash Uppercut is invincible all the way until the start up. (First Active frame is not invincible. Which sucks ass.) So it will trade with pretty much anything. The Counter Hit properties on it are pretty good. Sadly cause Accent Core is gay they lowered the damage by half and then added 80% Proration. The HS one has 2 more invincibility frames which means it's totally invincible and it has an additional 5 more frames after that where it's invincible to strikes. (+He is off the ground so ground throws wouldn't work.) So Meaty Nothing will beat that uppercut. However anything with less than 8 recovery frames or so that is meaty will make Ky pretty sad as you'll be able to block the uppercut with a Meaty. if you get hit by this there is nothing Ky can do but end it with a knockdown. For like 40 damage. Risk/Reward on VT is horrible basically. If Baited Ky loses Half life. If he guesses right he deals like 4%. Yay...