Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

KayEff

[CSE] Carl Clover Frame Data

did 2B really go from 0 to -6 from CS2 to CSE?? O_O

I think that's the reason you'll always see Kyaku use 2B>5B instead of viseversa and also why I've seen 2B punished by IB DP so often

did 2B really go from 0 to -6 from CS2 to CSE?? O_O

That's just wrong

Carl is going to be the next dr. strange

So... now ours normals are worse than CS2?

kinda sad..

Save the complaining for when he's actually not high tier for once xP

I suppose that the only reason why is still good is because all nirvana moves got buffed a lot. But still, kinda annoying that ours normal's are worse, especially when Carl doesn't have good normal in general.

True, but if you've seen how Kyaku and other Carls utilize the new dash cancel I think it can more than make up for the frame advantage nerf, which is really only for 2B. He's had mediocre normals in every iteration of BB though, so I think we can exclude that as a significant factor in what makes Carl a strong character lol

True, but if you've seen how Kyaku and other Carls utilize the new dash cancel I think it can more than make up for the frame advantage nerf, which is really only for 2B. He's had mediocre normals in every iteration of BB though, so I think we can exclude that as a significant factor in what makes Carl a strong character lol

The only doub that i have, is in Cs2 6C lv2 is plus 2 frames?, the new dash is pretty neat. I love that now we can pressure without nirvana thank to the dash.

Not really. We can cancel dash->normal but not normal-> dash so it's really more for poke poke.

... or can we dash cancel certain normals now? that would be shocking.

Edit - Wait a tick, is that accurate?? 2C has some head invulnerability on it now?? (did it ever? i didn't think it did)

2C has some head invulnerability on it now?? (did it ever? i didn't think it did)

It did in CS2, but I don't think it was ever employed much with how broken 6A was in that iteration.

6A really is kind of alarmingly strong lol.

But 6A seem to be the same here on sex? the only nerf that got, if that is more easy to punish on whiff.

But 6A seem to be the same here on sex? the only nerf that got, if that is more easy to punish on whiff.

It lost the upper body invulnerability on the initial 4F, and the head invulnerability only lasts 10F instead of the entire animation. That's a significant (and well justified) nerf. Though I'm sure it'll still be a useful anti-air.

Hmm its a chance it will beat out some moves.. i havent tested this yet but im pretty sure it is possible,,, on reaction that is,, to actually punish Valk-6C, Rags-GH, Noel-2D, Litchi-4D, Ara-j2a/b/c, Plat-Heart car(Prediction), Tager-Peoples Elbow(Unlikely), Haz-214d~a(for this lol its a guess), Carl-IAD~j2c, id say Tao-5/4/jd, and Bangs JD(unlikely)

If 2C hits during these certain situations can combo into 22d>236b>5c>jb>jc>2d>236a(236b in Ex)>j2c-allecan>5c>jb>4d>66>5c>jb>j2c>jb>jb>jc>volante>jb>j2c>allegreto>8D>fermata