Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

KayEff

[CSE] XBL Match Finder/GG Thread v2

U DODGED?

Sorry Nemesis, my cousins are coming over in a few minutes. I just barely finished playing with Leonil a few times earlier today.

Too bad. I'm occupied with LoL right now.

why do you gotta stimulate me like that Zeron?

@ mac ... oh.. ic .. did you get rage from em?

------------------

GGs to the peeps tonight and gold for the fun set

ggs NANAGATSU (sorry I don't feel like looking up what all the random numbers in your name were)

I'm assuming you just naturally d/c'ed, can't imagine you could possibly rage quit that fast :p

oh, and I suppose ggs Aldreat although we only played like twice.

You can't Yukikaze the 2nd hit anyway. At least if it's unblockable. Can't counter unblocks.

EDIT: Nevermind they changed it. Oh well at least his Astral still works on em.

Unless they changed it in CSE anyway, must go test in training now... [edit] oh dear they changed it, how embarassing.

As a useless fun fact, it is possible to counter a Yukikaze with an Akumetsu, and two Fumajins cancel each other out! (I was hoping they'd permanently sustain each other :()

Don't worry, I will still likely insult and kick you if you join my rooms Turntablist. So the world won't be ending this year :)

the world ended the day twinkies stopped being made.

GG's to XpeRt1ze, you've gotten a lot better since I last played you, your Makoto is shaping up to be really decent.

Don't really have all that much to say this time around. Tsubaki can be a bit rough to handle but a lot of her stuff is gimmicky at best, overhead can be mashed out of (even thrown), charge cancelling isn't entirely safe etc.

Learn to keep blocking high when I jump in with j.C -> delayed j.CC. Even if I don't do the j.CC I'll most likely use 5A or 2A after I land which aren't lows anyways and even if I did go for 2B you could react to it in time to block it, it also leads into less damage if it hits than j.CC.

22D unblockable is something you just need to recognize and jump out or dash 5B for a counter hit (though I can release it early to bait you).

The j.236C I put out here and there is even on block (or slightly +, I am not really sure lol) if I do it low enough to the ground and 6B is +1 and hits low, as does it's followup. if I do the followup 6BB the only thing I can cancel into are my specials and in many cases this is 22C, which is a frame trap and takes a primer. Nothing too scary about it.

My 214D goes through all head/body attribute attacks and even bursts as you saw, - on block and your 3C beats it out.

236D can also be beaten by 3C, so throwing it out at long range when I have 1 stock to bait me isn't all that bad of an idea and you're pretty safe while doing it.

Well, not much else to say, keep it up :)

GG's Daedron. Glad I wasn't totally free like last time. Although my execution errors still drive me nuts.

Thanks alot for the Tsubaki info and experience. I've had alot of trouble facing her for some reason, but now I'm a bit more comfortable against her.

And I guess I'm going to put Hazama on hold for the time being. I've just gotten used to playing this game and I'm not ready to play such a zoning heavy character just yet (I enjoy Makoto much more anyways).

Untill next time.

GG's Daedron. Glad I wasn't totally free like last time. Although my execution errors still drive me nuts.

Thanks alot for the Tsubaki info and experience. I've had alot of trouble facing her for some reason, but now I'm a bit more comfortable against her.

And I guess I'm going to put Hazama on hold for the time being. I've just gotten used to playing this game and I'm not ready to play such a zoning heavy character just yet (I enjoy Makoto much more anyways).

Untill next time.

Yeah, I really wouldn't recommend Hazama as your first character if you're just getting into this game. The only specific thing you will hate about Makoto is failing to hit Level 3 on her drives (only whenever it actually matters, too!)

There's probably a good amount of people who started in CS started with Hazama (Me included).

There's probably a good amount of people who started in CS started with Hazama (Me included).

Nothing wrong about that, my only point is that if you want to try an easy-to-learn a character to help ease yourself into the game, Hazama would not be my recommendation (nor would Rachel or Tager or Taokaka)

Same...CS1 Hazama seems so long ago...

Play whoever you like best!

Going to (hopefully) set up a room later tonight...

Nothing wrong about that, my only point is that if you want to try an easy-to-learn a character to help ease yourself into the game, Hazama would not be my recommendation (nor would Rachel or Tager or Taokaka)

It would depend on who the player is and their general style. Though i wouldn't say he is as hard as Rachel or Tao, i guess i would recommend a few others over him as well.

Same...CS1 Hazama seems so long ago...

Play whoever you like best!

Going to (hopefully) set up a room later tonight...

Though this is probably the best choice. Play who seems like you'll have fun with and you'll get into the game.

Yeah, I really wouldn't recommend Hazama as your first character if you're just getting into this game. The only specific thing you will hate about Makoto is failing to hit Level 3 on her drives (only whenever it actually matters, too!)

Lol, I know all about it. The slightest bit off lag can mess you up so much with her. Same goes for Hazama's loop. I can do it just fine offline, but online...I'm not even attempting that anymore.

As for beginning with Hazama, it's not that bad tbh. I'm just terrible at zoning lol.

In every fighter I've played, I've always been better with rushdown characters. I really enjoy zoning, but I'm just not very good at it.

I still can't do Tao combos and Rachel combos even though I can pretty much do everyone else's 10-11k combos... :/

GG mAc. If you experienced any lag from me during the one match we played, then I apologize. It was more than likely my fault. @_@

Hazama can be as much as a rushdown character as he can be a zoner.

I'm sleepy, tired & sick; still going to play videogaes anyway.

Going to setup a room ina sec...feel free to join.

Hazama can be as much as a rushdown character as he can be a zoner.

I'm sleepy, tired & sick; still going to play videogaes anyway.

Going to setup a room ina sec...feel free to join.

that's why I chose him as my main, he's got the extremes of both ends of the spectrum in his playstyle. He's got super short-range attacks but also a really long range Drive, yet his long range Drive is also designed to enable him to close the distance.

gay

Also I'm gonna hop on for a bit, so if anyone for some odd reason doesnt have to go to sleep early on a sunday...

EDIT: GGs to people from last night and today lol