Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

KayEff

[CSE] XBL Match Finder/GG Thread v2

But mahou shoujo spin > tager spin. The plat's inner magic isn't unleashed...so who delivers pizza at this time because i thought too hard about food now i'm hungry.

Ain't no way I was gonna chicken out and try to jump or MTW. I tried to 720 that shit and paid the price.

---

Hakumen for Bang counter pick.

Bang is actually kind of a Haku counter pick if anything. Any character with command grabs can ruin his day.

ggs Turntablist, xGiru, mAc

Bang is actually kind of a Haku counter pick if anything. Any character with command grabs can ruin his day.

lol not based on the empirical evidence of the match I had against Turn ;o I love countering his counter with my counter counters.

ggs to everyone I played. Tager's apparently god tier on 360.

shoutouts to no one being able to read my room name.

lol. my troll lvls were overflowing and I tried to win with just drives...and astrals.

And seriously Hazama is too short when crouching to get hit by instant Rachel j.A? This changes things significantly...

It actually does, but it slipped my mind the couples times I tried it and forgot it wasn't gapless on him. j.B is always an option also and in CP I believe they've changed this so that it works on everyone without issue. Anyway, ggs to you and everyone I played tonight.

And Eevee, netplay was dead. But it's a zombie now.

I was able to find matches despite it being dead. @_@

Dat implies that you don't have the necessary tools to rock someone mashing command grab. (You do.)

lolwut? sword normals ruin everyone else's day

Dat implies that you don't have the necessary tools to rock someone mashing command grab. (You do.)

You mean TK Hotaru? Command grabs just open a whole other layer of mind games, but I don't mean literally a counter pick. Just that characters with command grabs can neutralize Hakumen's defense much better than other characters. They can use the command grab to make it much more dangerous to counter, that other characters don't.

You mean TK Hotaru? Command grabs just open a whole other layer of mind games, but I don't mean literally a counter pick. Just that characters with command grabs can neutralize Hakumen's defense much better than other characters. They can use the command grab to make it much more dangerous to counter, that other characters don't.

yeah, I mean, I remember getting at least close to a round with with bang against zero. so it can't be coincidence.

Command grabs just open a whole other layer of mind games, but I don't mean literally a counter pick. Just that characters with command grabs can neutralize Hakumen's defense much better than other characters.

Spark's kryptonite right there, I shit ye not.

Command grabs just open a whole other layer of mind games, but I don't mean literally a counter pick. Just that characters with command grabs can neutralize Hakumen's defense much better than other characters.

Unless it's Platinums command grab where if you see it coming you just jump since she can't do it in the air. Then have all day to punish her :)

Well, it's not even an aerial one that's the problem.

It's just the command grab being an option that makes it a threat.

Let's say you block a 5A. Bam, you're stuck in a 50/50 right off the bat. Now you are going to have to start guessing and going for up+back, which is going to get you combo'd half the time. A lot of the time you will eat more damage just trying to avoid the grab than the grab actually does.

In Haku's case his counters are an extra layer of defense that makes him harder to crack, but the command grabs shut that down, and force you to play into their game.

For characters with DPs like Ragna and Jin it's not as much of an issue, because Inferno Divider will body a command grab just as well as a normal attack. But for counters you have to make a choice.

Command throws are all unblockable unburstable undefeatable.

but they can be throw-rejected.

Okay, so what does a character like Hazama have against a command grab? Or Valk? Or Tao? Amane? Lambda? I mean anyone without a real reversal. If Haku-mens would just stop mashing counters then they could deal with command grabs just like every other character has to deal with command grabs. Just because your character is so well rounded doesn't mean that because one tool isn't as useful in a match-up it makes the match-up hard. Cuz I mean unlike those characters you have a TK reversal, which is an option that a ton of other characters don't have. Besides, it's not like counters become useless in those match-ups. Counters are still mad obnoxious and make people afraid to hit buttons, but just like any reversal you should use them sparingly so you don't get blown up for it. I mean if you're seriously going to continue to say that having more options makes a match-up harder for your character because you just can't stop abusing them, okay.

Sure, maybe Bang has an easier time because of that than other characters, but to say it's a counter-pick soley because the character has a command grab? lolnope