Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

KayEff

[CSE] XBL Match Finder/GG Thread v2

I could if you want.

Gah I just jumped off. Sorry. x.x Gotta get up for a Smash tourney tomorrow.

block and mash 2A or 5A after they finish their blockstring (EVERY character has a basic blockstring, the only time you make screw up is during a frame trap or Rapid cancel. but looks at vids of characters you don't fight often to see their options.

That can be very dangerous. Most Relius..es? or Relii? (sp?) or whatever do a looping blockstring that you can't mash out of at all. Trying to mash out simply plays into his hands.

With Makoto, one of the main things I do is hit with a move that lets me reset pressure if you block it. Trying to mash A's after that simply plays into my hands

unless it lags

. People only get out of that move by anti airing, jump grabbing, DPing, or ... walking forward.

What I'm saying is that, unless you have a DP, you have to do multiple things to get out of pressure. Intelligent mashing, backdashing, up-backing, etc all lose to certain types of pressure. You have to know what your opponent is going to do and pick the proper option. Then, even if you do get it right your opponent will adjust his or her pressure to stop whatever method you were using to get out.

tldr; Dealing with rushdown is complicated.

I'll play a bit, EVO got me hyped as well. I'll definitely head out next year.

Is Zehawesome on DL under a different name?

I had a feeling it was Lich. He's always got it set to 3+ and I'm 2bars with him #TheStruggle

Gil if you want some games feel free to invite. (i saw you join/leave this room)

It was posted in the Amane forums a while ago.

---

Houtenjin is so much more reliable on this stick.

ggs Ctrl but it seems xbl decided to kick me off I guess and I can't get back on.

ggs as well to Rio

ggs lich.

Some intense yet silly stuff went down. Fun games =)

Yeah I had fun. I started getting so like 'uggggh' after how many games I played though. haha GGs, although I didn't know that was you.

GGs to Rachel Arukardo, CtrlAltwtf, End4sure, XII MaNoLox IIX, Shock Foxx and Dark Ranger.

You pulled the plug one game short of a FT10, Dark (assuming I would have lost, which is a pretty safe bet).

GGs NoNombreHombre and Shock Foxx

You pulled the plug one game short of a FT10, Dark (assuming I would have lost, which is a pretty safe bet).

My bad I wasn't paying attention. You were doing a lot better when you started using 720 on me. Tagers always seem to know when I'm going to stay on the ground smh. Then there was the time I visioned over you to bait, but you 720'd slightly late. Tager was waiting for me to land behind him lol. Scratch that, use Magna Tech Wheel because it'll hit even when I'm in the air. (You might have been trying that actually because I saw your 5B start up during one of my blockstrings)

Also, should I have passed more? I didn't realize that I was hogging the room until like 8 games in.

Then there was the time I visioned over you to bait, but you 720'd slightly late. Tager was waiting for me to land behind him lol.

Yeah, I think I was at least as surprised as you were when it came out and Tager was grabbing the other direction. I also felt dirty when I won that one round because you didn't hit the level 3 Particle Flare on the last hit.

Also, should I have passed more? I didn't realize that I was hogging the room until like 8 games in.

Didn't really bother me too much as there was only the three of us. A little bit more I guess would have been nice to keep the matches even, but it was certainly better than SOME PEOPLE WHO POST ON THIS THREAD AND HIJACK THE ROOM FOR HOURS

semicolon-close parentheses less-than-three