Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

KayEff

[CSE] XBL Match Finder/GG Thread v2

Eevee, you too Godlike for me.

All we needed was Chao for our pro plat matches. It would have been a trifecta.

Got my 360 converter

PSN too free... I miss XBL :(

Really hope CP gets a release for it

Got my 360 converter

PSN too free... I miss XBL :(

Really hope CP gets a release for it

I hear that a lot when people go onto PSN from XBL.

Eevee, you too Godlike for me.

All we needed was Chao for our pro plat matches. It would have been a trifecta.

If only I knew ;w;

Well lets do them pro matches again sometime. i swear, the tech was so advance. it will be up on youtube so everyone can see the best plat ditto in the history of plat dittos. like that shit was almost jap level. I'm not godlike We are the most godlike plat players on XBL

CHAO WE NEEDED YOU SO BADLY D: a threesome is better then a two way

that sounded better in my head...

three godlike platinums are going to take over yo dog g'ed up word to mova mac how you mac word two yo swag

GGs to Tuxedo Trap, SnazzyMuffin103, Geadtfo, Low Tier Lord, Horse Fracture, Luminarotaku, Shadow 9396, kROmAtIk TeMPTZ, nurbenzin, CaliforKiss, Sleep II Terror, RoutineCleric11, FlakeyFlame9680, GAME MA5TER 21, ROXBURY FOOL, Pippy McPip Guk, Sgt Killz u all, AirRuby786, Shock Foxx, KiddxKhaos, Beaver Plunger, TheNine16, BlazS3, Heng Huo, Shervin, Scuba Sparkles, The McTager, Kennsuna, Sr Eagle Man, QuietWraith (Much belated despite frequent plays) and anyone else I forgot.

Shoutouts to the stalkers of the day: Dr Newtype, xKxOxMx and NemesisEnforser; I hope the pummeling I received didn't bore you too much.

GGs to NoNombreHombre - quite the seesaw we had going on there. I was starting to wonder if you'd figured me out entirely and I was just doomed, but it looks like I managed to get it back together there towards the end.

I didn't. You just like NEVER JUMP (outside of some kind of pressure/combo) and you let me get away with far too many 2Ds that day.

Ah, that reminds me. I was the one playing as Shervin. You improved since we played last time.

I didn't. You just like NEVER JUMP (outside of some kind of pressure/combo) and you let me get away with far too many 2Ds that day.

Hmmm. I usually think of myself as being too dependant on the air for approaches, but you're right, I almost never try to jump out defensively, which is a problem against Tager. @_@

Thank you! That was valuable insight!

I'd say GGs to Sleep II Terror, ZealousSleepy, Shock Foxx, SELECT7, KiddxKhaos, and NFAMOUS Jin, but that would imply I did anything to make them good.

I've pretty much conceded that I'll never tech a grab on purpose, purple or otherwise.

Hmmm. I usually think of myself as being too dependant on the air for approaches, but you're right, I almost never try to jump out defensively, which is a problem against Tager. @_@

Thank you! That was valuable insight!

I dunno, I don't recall seeing a lot of air approaches from you. That gives me pretty much full run of the air and a heck of a lot more mobility than I'm entitled to. Though I think I've seen you take to the sky very slightly more as of the last meeting or two. Full disclosure: one of the reasons I noticed your lack of jumping is that I can never catch you jumping out of GF.

And since we're on the subject of advice...

Ah, that reminds me. I was the one playing as Shervin. You improved since we played last time.

Since I know I'm the weird one who'll just volunteer information, I'll just ask, in lieu of having any specific questions: do you have any specific advice (note: anyone's input would be appreciated)? I know it's been some time between then and now, so if you can't remember anything, that's fine.

And, ah, right, I knew about the username thing, I forgot about it when going through the names in the recently played list.

Hmm. Well, I can't remember anything except you were good at grabbing me out of the air with AC or 2C. So that was a noteable improvement. We can do a FT10 if you want and then I can see.

I dunno, I don't recall seeing a lot of air approaches from you. That gives me pretty much full run of the air and a heck of a lot more mobility than I'm entitled to.

Kinda true. Airk heavily stays on the ground iirc. He only really jumped to airgrab me. Until I also stopped jumping (mostly).

Anyone's input would be appreciated

My advice still stands. Be more noobish with your 720s.

Hmm. Well, I can't remember anything except you were good at grabbing me out of the air with AC or 2C. So that was a noteable improvement. We can do a FT10 if you want and then I can see.

OK. Can't be today because I'm in absolutely no mental shape to do such right now. Will you be available/willing M/W/F?

My advice still stands. Be more noobish with your 720s.

I'll level with you: I have no I idea what you mean by this. Please try explaining this to me as if I were a 6-year-old child, because that's about where my mental acuity with regards to fighting games is, anyway.

Aww, I would have gotten on tonight. I can probably play tomorrow.

Really, you don't want to fight me like this right now. I was playing before but stopped pretty much because variants of "Whatever, I don't care" kept playing though my head.

And that was within the first four matches. I should have stopped there, like my rational brain was telling me to, but I kept pushing on just hoping for that "one good thing" to randomly happen to revitalize everything. It didn't.

I'll level with you: I have no I idea what you mean by this. Please try explaining this to me as if I were a 6-year-old child, because that's about where my mental acuity with regards to fighting games is, anyway.

>foe no jump/leaves a hole in pressure

>mash 720

>??????

>munnies

alternatively:

>makoto

>mash 720

>??????

>munnies

It's not a "I'm going to do what I feel like, regardless of the consequences" type of "I don't care" it's a "Confidence is in the toilet. I am having a hard enough time mustering up enough will to push any button." type of "I don't care"

It's a frustration of getting destroyed by other people's random select, being unable to do something about it and having no secondaries to just go screw around with.

Fuck the frustration, fuck confidence, just play the game and have fun. If fun is not being had, alter your strat/character/pajamas/opponent until it's fun again! Winning, losing, pressing a button, psh, none of that matters :cool:

I can't use the non-Unlimited cast, but I rarely don't have a blast playing BB, even when left with my scrubby Noel, abysmal Makoto, and high level JP offline pro Platinum.

Or just mash 720s until it works.

I don't really have any subs either. I used to sub like 90% of the cast in CT, but that was before they changed the combos 50 times.

You just gotta Tager harder.

Man that takes me back.

So you're a Tager player who is getting depressed about losing? Can you do standing 360/720 during your own pressure? Tager players don't start getting really scary until they can do that, baiting command grabs is really easy when you know your opponent can only do it on wakeup or as a reversal buffered during blockstun.

Not only that, but a good piece of advice I remember for Tager is that you should be able to win without 360s at first. Just on the strength of footsies and combos, if you can win, then that really makes your 360 game dangerous because they will be so busy trying to not get hit during footsies and such because your combos hurt that you can start throwing in 360s and landing them easier.

Is your internet still screwed, Luna.