Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

KayEff

[CSE] XBL Match Finder/GG Thread v2

GGs to Tectal, Hombre, and the other people I've played recently.

BGs again to IIII JIN IIII for kicking me and calling me a tryhard after I beat him.

How can you call someone a tryhard in a FIGHTING GAME?

I remember IIII JIN IIII... He did that a lot to me too.

It sucks when someone who is pretty good is such a jerk :(.

GG to dark ranger! I had a fun time with your makoto...despite me mashing buttons over and over during the very long combos. XD

I'll be the first to say this...I think ya overkilled Relius to the point of him having tot ag with Bang XD also I was expecting an astral in our last bout. likely to make it a flashy ender :P

It sucks when someone who is pretty good is such a jerk :(.

That's exactly the way I feel.

GG to dark ranger! I had a fun time with your makoto...despite me mashing buttons over and over during the very long combos. XD

I'll be the first to say this...I think ya overkilled Relius to the point of him having tot ag with Bang XD also I was expecting an astral in our last bout. likely to make it a flashy ender :P

GGs Houdini. Comboed into Astrals are boring. You can beat a lot of stuff in neutral with Makoto's Astral to make for some incredibly flashy finishes; I usually save it for that. Also there's astral whiff into stuff too.

Also: @Lich - I never think of that, damn...

GGs Houdini. Comboed into Astrals are boring. You can beat a lot of stuff in neutral with Makoto's Astral to make for some incredibly flashy finishes; I usually save it for that. Also there's astral whiff into stuff too.

Good point. I may of had a hard time trying to keep up speed-wise since you moved so freakin' fast, I still had fun! I still think I kinda overplay my relius launch to grab j.5C stuff, but it's something I use a lot due to reliability. :P also dat clash with break shot-vol tedo XD

FFFFFFFFFF system update. Gotta flash my drive to stock, update, then back to XGD3 =|

gimme like 5 mins.

I'll be Training til you invite.

Oh fuck. I had notifications turned off for recording last night lmao. My bad.

Please pick Altar instead of Training stage. Training stage fucks with my head :(

I intentionally did that last purple cuz I was sure you'd try to mash a DP/reversal in response to my RC (happens all the time). The other purples were failed resets because I'm still not 100% with this on netplay.

Also, I don't think anyone has fun playing against Tager.

I do! Then again, I'm one of those wierdos that enjoys playing mirror matches.

And thinking about last night a bit, when you were Jin, it seemed to me you were going exceedingly DP heavy. Why? And do you have any specific things you noticed that I could/should be working on (aside from actually completing my combos)?

GGs to Luminarotaku, Gilgamesh414, Chickzama, Trevor Jonathan, Sleep II Terror, and Zehawesome (I still don't have a freaking clue what I'm supposed to do vs Relius),

It was me trying to go for DP > RC stuff but you kept backdashing them which put paid to that plan. I should probably be less afraid to use DP-B/A more often. They're not bad moves for keeping people out during footsies.

Amusingly enough one of the things I think you should work on is blocking low. You blocked most of my overheads but I'd randomly get low hits in that would win me the game.

I intentionally did that last purple cuz I was sure you'd try to mash a DP/reversal in response to my RC (happens all the time). The other purples were failed resets because I'm still not 100% with this on netplay.

*raises hand*

GGs to Tectal, Hombre, and the other people I've played recently.

BGs again to IIII JIN IIII for kicking me and calling me a tryhard after I beat him.

How can you call someone a tryhard in a FIGHTING GAME?

Only a jerk lol but yeah he does do that, feeling salty after beating him in a match or two myself and overpowering his Jin with my Jin and kicking me out :/

I do! Then again, I'm one of those wierdos that enjoys playing mirror matches.

And thinking about last night a bit, when you were Jin, it seemed to me you were going exceedingly DP heavy. Why? And do you have any specific things you noticed that I could/should be working on (aside from actually completing my combos)?

GGs to Luminarotaku, Gilgamesh414, Chickzama, Trevor Jonathan, Sleep II Terror, and Zehawesome (I still don't have a freaking clue what I'm supposed to do vs Relius),

You're trying to mash too much when you shouldn't. Respect doll pressure and just wait for the doll to go away and then you have a chance to play. In neutral be wary of the doll but it is extremely risky to try to sledge through it. Like, Relius can easily punish sledges with a well timed 5B or IadJ.A and you just get hit again. Simply hitting the doll away when it is in your face is a very viable option because it forces the doll to desummon, unless I use 2D which has superarmor. With the doll gone you have a much better chance of maybe getting a hit off into knockdown into Tager time.

*Raises hand with the rest of them*

Tager is one of the few matchups that I feel confident about.

I love neutral vs Tager. It's so relaxing because you never have to worry about him running or airdashing.