Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

KayEff

[CSE] XBL Match Finder/GG Thread v2

The fighting spirit has left you. I can feel it in your playing.

It's called simply not giving a fuck about the game because the game doesn't give a fuck either.

ggs

GGs. You started off pretty strong. But then I started playing dirty. :P

Why didn't you just pick Hazama.

GGs. You started off pretty strong. But then I started playing dirty. :P

I started getting sledge on 360s. I stopped playing Tager because it honestly stops being fun when the opponent refuses to ever play the game with you. Even when I'm winning with him it just isn't fun because none of the usual gameplay aspects are present.

Makes me feel like practicing all my setups and shit is just pointless.

p.s. This is the second time I really felt like my 214 directionals are failing me. I probably need a new stick soon.

I started getting sledge on 360s. I stopped playing Tager because it honestly stops being fun when the opponent refuses to ever play the game with you. Even when I'm winning with him it just isn't fun because none of the usual gameplay aspects are present.

Makes me feel like practicing all my setups and shit is just pointless.

p.s. This is the second time I really felt like my 214 directionals are failing me. I probably need a new stick soon.

Some of those sledges caught me by surprise. Didn't think it would just straight up reset me.

Well, the setups are great. You just have to catch the opponent. That's half the game. I mean, for Tager once he gets in he can go nuts.

I was still fighting up close for the most part. I was just using lots of harassing and poking tactics.

Plus, how many of those matches did you come back and win when you had like .01% life left and were in the corner.

Why didn't you just pick Hazama.

Everytime I play on Tager and run into difficulties, if I switch to Hazama I suddenly rape and have no problems at all. It makes me feel like it has less to do with my skill and more to Hazama just being way too strong.

It's like a "if I can't win with this guy, I'll just pick the OP character so I can get wins" kind of feeling.

Also, shoutouts to Tager jB for being way better than everyone thinks it is, especially Arakune.

Everytime I play on Tager and run into difficulties, if I switch to Hazama I suddenly rape and have no problems at all. It makes me feel like it has less to do with my skill and more to Hazama just being way too strong.

It's like a "if I can't win with this guy, I'll just pick the OP character so I can get wins" kind of feeling.

Ah, so you feel like you aren't earning your wins.

Well, you definitely won't get better with Tager if you switch out whenever you reach a challenge. So it's good that you don't want to just go to Hazama for that, or you'll never figure out how to handle those situations. It's kind of like how when some people fight me, and I start downloading their tactics, they are afraid of that so they start switching characters. But that doesn't help them beat an opponent that is figuring them out in that matchup, it just puts the problem off.

you guys already off?? ( -_-)

Yup, it was a quick FT10 with Ctrl looking like he was going to clinch it easily with a 8 match lead with Tager. Then something inside me snapped. One 360 too many.

Ah, so you feel like you aren't earning your wins.

Well, you definitely won't get better with Tager if you switch out whenever you reach a challenge. So it's good that you don't want to just go to Hazama for that, or you'll never figure out how to handle those situations. It's kind of like how when some people fight me, and I start downloading their tactics, they are afraid of that so they start switching characters. But that doesn't help them beat an opponent that is figuring them out in that matchup, it just puts the problem off.

Well I've fought you so many times that I practically have all your stuff memorized by heart, I'm sure you could say the same about the reverse. It's just that we both know each other's styles so well the Yomi "stack" gets so ridiculous we sometimes end up doing the most retarded shit. I'm sure even when I go to another character I end up playing in very similar fashions.

I'd love to hear the reaction from an outsider watching our matches.

That's what I love about it. :V

Usually it just looks like a bunch of mashing scrubs since they wouldn't know what's going on.

By the way, every single time you went into Volt Charge to bait a burst and I didn't burst, I was actually like 1 second away from bursting and just happened to call it off at the last moment.

That's what I love about it. :V

Usually it just looks like a bunch of mashing scrubs since they wouldn't know what's going on.

Also, j2C > RC > j2C > etc. is way too fucking incredible of a bevel breaking strategy. I wish that one time I did it I hadn't panicked and messed up my chance for a 720. I think my combo killed you anyway though.

As soon as I blocked one of those j.2Cs I knew it was coming, but it was too late.

As soon as I blocked one of those j.2Cs I knew it was coming, but it was too late.

The insane bit is that RC doesn't stop my momentum, so I can just as easily do j2C > RC > land and do w/e the fuck I want

Also.

I liked how you started baiting bursts in the beginning of the round after catching me with like, a 5A. And I was going to burst too.

Oh yeah and then that 3C after Gadget Finger. wry

StayFree caught me with a lot of those burst baits today too.

Because 3C has a 14 startup. 14-4 (GF +) equates to 10. Haku-men 2D has a 1F startup and 8 active frames, so 9.

You do 5D it wouldn't catch it. You do 2D I get a CH. You do 5A and you miss. 2A would've gotten me though. I'm not sure if you can jump out of the 3C on GF. My guess is you could

...get a room you two!! lol

We had a room, it's over now though.

I believe you weren't invited.

:v:

All right guys...it's summer vacation. 4:30 PM my time I'll try to get on live to set up a room. Unlimiteds are permitted for both sides, if one lacks an unlimited it is best to be on that person's level, unless the fighter complies. Hope you guys all have fun! :)