Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

KayEff

[CSE] XBL Match Finder/GG Thread v2

I forgot I own the xbox version of extended and if anyone is interested in playing my connection is this

1838454132.png

XD I was on mobile so got kinda lazy in doing this process...been playing netplay for an hour or two and those Ragnas are annoying >.<

also warning I'm also one of the few who uses English va instead of Japanese va.

Mac has me figured out. I don't know what to do now

You beat Mac by mixing in being silly as fuck with Solid Play.

That's the best advice I can give you for fighting him.

GGs Toan. That was fun. I haven't played anyone that I had a good back and forth with normally in ages.

1838153771.png

I-I don't understand... D:

1838171539.png

Is this good...? Dat upload speed. lol

I forgot I own the xbox version of extended and if anyone is interested in playing my connection is this

1838454132.png

Have you done a pingtest yet? While speeds are important, your jitter is even more so since it shows how stable your connection is.

Can't stress this enough. I have first hand experience with the difference between fast speeds and a stable connection. It might say what ping you got on there, but everyone should really do the actual pingtest instead.

I have DSL with slow speeds but the connection is good, wanted to switch to Cable with MUCH faster speeds. Had it installed and went to pingtest and play against others and the connection itself wasn't as good as DSL even though the speeds were 3 to 5 times faster. Thus my reason for sticking with DSL, until FiOS becomes available in my particular area.

www.pingtest.net

59078074.png

The question is 8 ms jitter a lot.

I got 1ms for jitter to the same place with relatively the same ping, but I have Verizon DSL and live in MD. While I can't say for certain if 8ms is bad, it sure can't be good I guess, lol.

EDIT: And just to note for everyone, it would probably be better to run multiple tests, and even to multiple servers to give you a better idea of how your connection turns out. The real problems would be if anyone got packet loss that isn't caused by outdated Java or excessively high ping within a reasonably short distance, as well as a fairly high jitter of course.

alright so tell me, is my internet a ton shitter than i thought it was? Given I might be losing sbl soon as i am super poor and can't afford the renewel, but now i am curious

59078749.png

1838568310.png

GGs Toan. That was fun. I haven't played anyone that I had a good back and forth with normally in ages.

GGs Mac. Sorry about leaving so soon. Some stupid people did stupid shit outside my house and the police were knocking on my door to ask questions.

alright so tell me, is my internet a ton shitter than i thought it was? Given I might be losing sbl soon as i am super poor and can't afford the renewel, but now i am curious

59078749.png

1838568310.png

Was that packet loss due to outdated Java? If not, there is something not right about your connection. Otherwise, those numbers are fine.

yeah outdated java, just retook the test again

59079292.png

different server

59079357.png

and like I said, I am trying EVERY available room and it says i cant connect because of my connection quality....

GGs Mac. Sorry about leaving so soon. Some stupid people did stupid shit outside my house and the police were knocking on my door to ask questions.

I was just getting hungry anyway.

Getting throws on you is officially my favorite thing now. :P

also i am the reset master :3

59079292.png

different server

59079357.png

and like I said, I am trying EVERY available room and it says i cant connect because of my connection quality....

I wonder if opening ports would help...

59079292.png

different server

59079357.png

Extend bro lol, that happened to me one day for no reason at all.

I was just getting hungry anyway.

Getting throws on you is officially my favorite thing now. :P

also i am the reset master :3

One day, I will tech those throws and barrier block 5C resets. I will also start doing dash throw after I IB your 3C so you will stop pressing 2D after it.

I wonder if opening ports would help...

^ If that is your problem then this could potentially help.

And for what it's worth, following the actual Microsoft support process provided from the 360 link to whatever site on the computer, should solve any problems or at least setup your 360 correctly on your network.

Run the connection test on your 360, it should give some website to go to on your computer, from there follow the steps EXACTLY as the site tells you.

Thanks Zeth for all your help!

Extend bro lol, that happened to me one day for no reason at all.

Actually apparently it was just extend, because now I can join rooms. so freaking weird...