Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Shinsyn

[CSE] Jin Kisaragi Tutorial Video Thread

Yeah, you're right, I'll add a 25 Heat section, it makes sense to have that now that I think about it.

That and Jin doesn't really gain much doing rapid stuff minus 6A combos if we take Ragna for comparison.

well we can do random shit into 3c>214b(1)rapid>falling>j.2c>land JC>j.2c>j.c>j.d>land 6c>214c its net damage is 3000. it can turn some 1,400 damage shitty confirm with terrible oki and tiny corner push to a combo where you get around 3k with godlike cornerpush and good oki...its not always worth it or as versatile as ragnas stupid 5c>2d rapid into 4k shit but its still good and sometimes a great use of meter and this can probably be pushed farther than what ive got.

well we can do random shit into 3c>214b(1)rapid>falling>j.2c>land JC>j.2c>j.c>j.d>land 6c>214c its net damage is 3000. it can turn some 1,400 damage shitty confirm with terrible oki and tiny corner push to a combo where you get around 3k with godlike cornerpush and good oki...its not always worth it or as versatile as ragnas stupid 5c>2d rapid into 4k shit but its still good and sometimes a great use of meter and this can probably be pushed farther than what ive got.

Just turn it into a Sekkajin combo:

3C > 214B(1) > RC > j2C > 66 5B > 5C > Sekkajin > 5C > 2C > [1)2D > (66) 6C > 214C] or [2)HJC > j.D > AD > j.2C > j.C > 66 5B > 3C > 623B > 214C] (~3.3k or ~3.5k)

[1) should work, but [2) should be tested. Wow, that was stupid of me :v:

Ok then...maybe this:

3C > 214B(1) > RC > j2C > 66 5C > 2C > HJC > j.D > AD > j.2C > j.C > 66 5B > 3C > 623B > 214C (~3.3k)

I think 5C should catch them...if not I'm out of ideas until I can hit training mode...which won't be for a week and a half :(

no that won't work 3c puts them airborne.

and just for further reference the reason i had that combo was that it wasn't very proration specific.

Damn it...I lost my head lol. I'll edit my other post with something different.

I'm a little hesitant to put up 3C > 623B > 214C enders because I seem to have trouble connecting the 623B on characters like Noel.

Also on the subject of enders, I've noticed that when using the double Sekkajin combo against Relius, 66 6C > (whiff 214C) if too close the corner (you might be able to delay 66 6C a bit to fix it, not sure). I'm not sure if it's a training mode bug or not....

@Shinsyn0021 (below): My apologies sir. I did get a bit sidetracked.

Umm, not to be a jerk but this isn't a combo discussion thread. I'm looking for basic and intermediate combos that should be in the Jin tutorial for the set positions that are displayed in the post I have with the "Table of Contents". That is what I was asking for.

This is a good conversation don't get me wrong but please, carry this somewhere it belongs like the Jin General Thread

I'm gonna start working on the tutorial right now using a format based on the feedback from the thread:

Part 1: Basics

Character Summary:

• General Info - Health, Guard Primers, Guard Primer Breaking Moves, Air Options (2 Jumps/1 Jump + Air Dash), Drive summary. A still picture displaying all of that info.
  • Move Set - normals, Drives, specials, EX specials, Counter Assault, supers, and Astral.
  • Gameplay Info - Drive Usage (introduction to resets), General Strategy, and Pros/Cons.

Part 2: Combos

I'll let Shin handle this one and if not, then the template I would use looks like...

Combos:

• Beginner Combos - universal BnBs, mid-screen and corner combos.
    • Intermediate Combos - character specific BnBs, mid-screen, close to the corner, and in the corner combos.
    • Advanced Combos - all of above using the more difficult links such as DP C > 5B or 214A > DC > 44 2C.

Meter Dependent Combos:

• Beginner Combos - universal BnBs, mid-screen and corner combos.
      • Intermediate Combos - character specific BnBs, mid-screen, close to the corner, and in the corner combos.
      • Advanced Combos - all of above using the more difficult links such as DP C > 5B or 214A > DC > 44 2C.

I'd probably just showcase combos from traditional starters such as 2A (Ground and AA), 6A (CH/RC), j.A, 2B, 5B and 5B(1) CH, j.B (Ground and AA), 2C FC, 5C (Ground and AA) and 5C CH, j.C (Ground and AA), j.2C, 2D, j.D, j.236A/B/D, DP A/B/C/D.

Part 3: Opening People Up

[*]Pressure and Frame Traps - common pressure and common frame traps.

[*]Okizeme - 66 2A, DP C > safe jump j.2C, 214A > safe jump sj.2C.

[*]Basic Mix-up - basic high/low/cross-ups, resets, 6B/throw shenanigans.

[*]Advanced Mix-up - IAD j.236D cross-up/feint, corner oki cross-up/cross-under mix-up, 6D/236D empty jump mix-up, and fuzzy guard setups.

[*]Gimmicky Mix-up - 6B > RC > AD stuff, 214A/B/C > RC > stuff, DP D (1) Unblockable setup.

So I'll go ahead and work on part 1, should be done by the end of today. I'm gonna need some help on part 3, mainly the oki corner mix-up, and fuzzy guard setups. I don't know a single fuzzy guard setup with Jin lol.

Edit: Shin says that he's done with Part 1, that and his recording equipment is better than mine so I'll let him handle the rest lol.

It's cool man. I have been working on it when I can, it's just that Real Life hit me with some shit LOL! Don't worry, in two weeks, I'll have 3 weeks worth of time just devoted to the tutorial, since finals are right around the corner for me.

I would like your input on Part two Moy, when it comes to Jin combos, you're the Go-To Jin when its between you and I LOL! Just hit me up with the combos you would like done for the tutorial for each section and I'll get it done.

Wasn't there a gimmick video done by VanFleigheight (may have spelled that wrong, sorry) for Extend not too long ago? If that were the case, then a third of part 3 is already done. With his permission I would like to add his video into the tutorial. Ripping it from Youtube wouldn't be an issue, I'd want to have his OK to do it.

I mean, I could copy/paste what he did but why the extra work when someone's already done it?

@Yuushiro: LOL don't worry, we'll be done with this before P4U comes out.

Wasn't there a gimmick video done by VanFleigheight (may have spelled that wrong, sorry) for Extend not too long ago? If that were the case, then a third of part 3 is already done. With his permission I would like to add his video into the tutorial. Ripping it from Youtube wouldn't be an issue, I'd want to have his OK to do it.

I mean, I could copy/paste what he did but why the extra work when someone's already done it?

That's just a fragment of part 3. You could do that but you'd still need to work on the pressure, frame traps, oki, and the other types of mix-up.

Go for it. I'd send you the actual video file but I don't have it anymore.

Thanks man, this will help out a lot!

That's just a fragment of part 3. You could do that but you'd still need to work on the pressure, frame traps, oki, and the other types of mix-up.

Yeah, I did mention it was going to be a third of part 3 but after looking at it again, it is much smaller than that. When I get home after class around 10PM (ugh night classes...), I'll see what I can do about ripping the video from this hotspot I have set up at the apartment, if it's too late then I'll do it another day.

When it comes to part 3, I'm going to need you guys input. I'm aware of select frame traps, oki and mix-up but I'm not that knowledgeable in those areas. I may have to go talk to Haven or Minoru_Hoshi (I have direct access to both of these Jin players) since they have a REALLY good grasp on that area. Now, if anyone wants their input for this portion, please do.

Yeah, talk to those two and see what we can get. I play Jin by the book so I don't know of stuff like fuzzy guards or some obscure reset setups.

Well, Persona pretty much took BB's thunder and it's a little too late for a tutorial now seeing how Chrono Phantasma is on the horizon now.