Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Shinsyn

The Illinois Thread: We Play Everything!

Well,I can do 3 to 4 hours. And Saturday is good for me even though I got a couple of things college wise to do. We can do weekly if it's more than 5 of us. Also there is a burger king in the arena too.

heya, i live in indiana, but am totally tilling to drive somewhere in illinois for a day of playing BB and whatnot. where are you guys? chicago or somesuch? if yall have some kind of an organized day of playing / hanging out or somesuch, I would totally be willing to drive on up. i still need to get my hands on / learn EX tager, but I'd love to play with some fellow fans of BB, the more the better. I've got no one at all in my town to play against other than my roommate. that and online only gets hella old.

between that and the recent 'we need to grow scenes' and the fact that im not hella poor anymore, i can and will totally travel to play some games.

Looks like my copy of CSX is out of stock so I have no idea when I will be getting that. This is the second time I have been sold something that couldn't be sent to me. Why the fuck do people sell me shit they can't give me? O.o

That's some bad luck. I am sorry bro. In other news, I did get my copy so when casuals happen, we got a PS3 copy. I just hope someone got a 360 copy as well.

Monthly sounds good to me is the date you posted gonna be the date we all meet up?

That's the plan unless the mass majority don't agree with it.. So far, Bi-Weekly and Monthly sounds pretty good for people schedules. I'll do what I can to get it going on a constant basis.

Well,I can do 3 to 4 hours. And Saturday is good for me even though I got a couple of things college wise to do. We can do weekly if it's more than 5 of us. Also there is a burger king in the arena too.

If I can get 5 or more to consistently show up, that would help out.

heya, i live in indiana, but am totally tilling to drive somewhere in illinois for a day of playing BB and whatnot. where are you guys? chicago or somesuch? if yall have some kind of an organized day of playing / hanging out or somesuch, I would totally be willing to drive on up. i still need to get my hands on / learn EX tager, but I'd love to play with some fellow fans of BB, the more the better. I've got no one at all in my town to play against other than my roommate. that and online only gets hella old.

between that and the recent 'we need to grow scenes' and the fact that im not hella poor anymore, i can and will totally travel to play some games.

Yes, we are making plans to have a bi-weekly/monthly gathering for ranbats/casuals. If you could make it, that would be amazing, it's just that a lot of us are getting developed into the project.

It seems others who ordered it off of Amazon got screwed as well. I am not even sure what the point of having pre-orders are if they can't be fulfilled. /shrug

Also shout-outs to more people coming in. And we are all not from Chicago. I would kill for someone to show up that isn't 3 hours+ away.

I'd rather not. Too many bad experiences from that cesspool of a retail establishment. Besides I can afford to wait since I can't really play much anyways right now.

As far as the 25th I am not sure I will commit to that or not. I may end up having to work the night before(uuuggghhhh). I also have Saturday set aside to hang out with certain people. Unless maybe they may want to go on a road trip as well. Who knows? I will let you know. If not another month waiting will surely not kill me.

Hello everyone, well if you don't mind i am interested in joining you guys. I'm not the best player in the world, but i would love to get better and meet new people. i don't know if i'm free on the 25th but ill try to make it, if not next time.

Hello everyone, well if you don't mind i am interested in joining you guys. I'm not the best player in the world, but i would love to get better and meet new people. i don't know if i'm free on the 25th but ill try to make it, if not next time.

A little more information about yourself might be helpful. Mostly, from where do you hail? If you are near Blinky maybe you could help him out! :D

Anyways, welcome to our small group of misfits.

Niggas, go to gamestop.

That' what I did and I got my copy on the day I ordered it. Though it wasn't at the time they said I could pick it up.

The more the merrier! Skill level doesn't matter, especially since the newest installment of BlazBlue just came out, everyone is re-learning the game. I'm sure any of us here would like to help you grow as a player as long as you can make it out to the gatherings. I would really appreciate it if you could make it out on the 25th because it would be a really good kick off if you could.

Also, a reminder, if the 25th is bad for most of you, I can always push it back. It's not set in stone since I'm not sure how everyone here who's posting feels about that date but it appears that the ones who are, can make it. Please confirm with a yes or a no ASAP because I really need to know if we have at least 6 people who can show on the 25th.

Alright well im gonna request the 25th off from work after im done with school tomorrow. Wont know if i'm off though until i get the schedule for that week. I do live in Arlington Heights so im guessing im 30-40 minutes away from the place. Unfortunately i don't get out of my little bubble often so driving down to Chicago will be a new adventure on its own for me. I do play Blazblue (ps3) and Guilty gear(wii), better with Blazblue than guilty gear since i hate the wii controls XD. if anyone wants they can add me on psn. my psn name is Enigmos.

actual location would be great for me to know as well. I'm open on the 25th, but i have no clue where yall are gonna be. somewhere in chicago? where? /time?

I'm a nerdy guy living in lafayette indiana, trying to travel around to scenes and get my BB on with new people. hardly anyone in indiana plays it, they're all nostalgia goggling GG:AC. (which is still an awesome game)

two year tager main here, after two years of Mori being afraid to make a good grappler again, at last I have found the promised land. now if only i can train my execution for the new stuff.

I have to make sure I plan around Dark's schedule. I don't want my Noel to get bodied by any more Tagers than she has to. Kidding aside, I think they said the Ignite lounge. Don't take my word for gold since I am not even in Chicago. I am not sure a time was technically agreed upon either.

Personally I am still hesitant to commit to anything on the 25th. Although through some recent developments my 12hr shifts at work have finally been abolished and order has been restored. Back to a 3-8s schedule with hopefully very little Saturday overtime work.

Blaaah I hate reality.~

At Anime Milwaukee.... and having a blast, there might be a BB tourny too but it might not happen :/

P.S i bought my first figma, Black Rock Shooter

Posting to say I exist. When was the last time I posted on Dustloop though?

I'm usually stuck in central Illinois for college, and when I'm in the Chicago area I can't drive anyway so. Whenever I get a license that should make life easier.

Also I play basically everything, and I suck at all of it. Perhaps I will finally step up my game and practice and get good sometime soon, because I do absolutely love playing basically every fighting game.

So yeah if I can practice and shit, I'll probably try to make some things during the summer when I'm actually around Chicago.

actual location would be great for me to know as well. I'm open on the 25th, but i have no clue where yall are gonna be. somewhere in chicago? where? /time?

I'm a nerdy guy living in lafayette indiana, trying to travel around to scenes and get my BB on with new people. hardly anyone in indiana plays it, they're all nostalgia goggling GG:AC. (which is still an awesome game)

two year tager main here, after two years of Mori being afraid to make a good grappler again, at last I have found the promised land. now if only i can train my execution for the new stuff.

At this point and time, this appears to be the venue we intend to use on the 25th:

Ignite Network

3171 N. Clybourn Ave.

Chicago, IL 60618.

Planing to start around 4-5PM that day even though it's time is not set in stone, this is my goal. Also, the only other player in Indiana that I know plays BlazBlue is Moy_X7 and he's the Jin mod, you guys have got quite the strong player in your state, you should hit him up. I have no idea exactly where he is in Indiana, but if you guys are close enough to each other, you could get some offline matches in or you both could travel together and get involved in the scene developing here. Glad the scene in Chicago is getting interest outside of the state, this just makes things much more interesting!

Posting to say I exist. When was the last time I posted on Dustloop though?

I'm usually stuck in central Illinois for college, and when I'm in the Chicago area I can't drive anyway so. Whenever I get a license that should make life easier.

Also I play basically everything, and I suck at all of it. Perhaps I will finally step up my game and practice and get good sometime soon, because I do absolutely love playing basically every fighting game.

So yeah if I can practice and shit, I'll probably try to make some things during the summer when I'm actually around Chicago.

YO!!! Looks who's back! It's been awhile since you've posted Jam, LOL! Glad to see you're back again.

To the rest of the scene:

I'll be heading up to Ignite Network Lounge on Monday night to get a look at how they run things for the other gamers (SF/UMvC3 scene) that play on Mondays so I can get a good idea on how they treat their gamers there. I don't want us going in there and we're treated like crap, us air-dasher players have had to deal with that long enough and I'm not that kind of guy that will allow us to be treated poorly.

I still need numbers of those who can actually make it. It's cool and all that people are interested but it's literally 6 days before the planned meet so far, this is my list:

ShinSyn

Lucien

darkarchonisme (Good Chance)

Enigmos (Good Chance)

Arcknight (Maybe)

CrazyI-nomitsu (Good Chance)

It appears I have 2 for yes, 3 for Good Chance and 1 for Maybe, this gives us the minimum to hold this if you guys show up. If I can't get you guys to change it to Yes, I will still attempt to hold this but I won't set up another event until most of us can agree on a date so that we're not wasting Ignites time on us. They seem legit when I talked to them and seemed pretty happy that we were going to play BlazBlue and possibly host tournaments in the near future there so it would be disappointing if we couldn't follow though on our end of the bargain to get them that exposure for the Air-Dasher community.

OK for those of you who don't post in the PSN Matchmaker/GG's thread, Myself and a few others have been posting up some Mid-High level BBCS:EX gameplay as of late to push BlazBlue Continuum Shift: Extend, I'll post up a few links here for you guys to watch:

BBCS:EX PSN Casuals Featuring - ShinSyn [JI], Kid Viper [HZ] and Kensou [bA]

BBCS:EX PSN Casuals - Lord Knight [LI] vs ShinSyn [JI]

BBCS:EX PSN Casuals - OmniSScythe's Run Feat. ShinSyn and Demonwindbomb

BBCS:EX PSN Casuals - Kid Viper Run Feat. Demonwindbomb, SwordOfToan and ShinSyn

SHADOWREDzero ( Jin ) vs. zeth07 ( Bang )

OmniSScythe ( Makoto ) vs. zeth07 ( Bang )

zeth07 ( Bang ) vs. xMahouShoujo aka SKD ( Ragna )

Take your pick and hope you guys enjoy them!

OK guys, it appears a lot of people are really want to run this for 5 hours and IMO, I love it. It's just that paying $19 for our first meet up is kinda lulzy. I will do you guys a favor:

For those of you that will show up and stay for 5 hours for the first meet up, I'll set up a deal where you guys can pay $15 for the 5 hour fee, and I'll cover the other 4 myself. I just want this first meet up to be successful and not too harsh on the pockets. I'll discuss this with the Ignite hosts tomorrow night and get this going for you guys, hopefully this makes things a bit more interesting for you guys and get a few more to show up.

the BBCSE tourny actually happened i was soo nervous and shaking but i ended up winning.... but none of the people were big time players (then again neither am I) but what had me going was the fact that the person i had to face in the finals was cosplaying Hatsune Miku.... she did give me a run for my money