Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Shinsyn

The Illinois Thread: We Play Everything!

There's not anything specifically special about a game being on a PC that gives it inherently better netcode

Callisto is definitely right about that. Unless the netcode is tweaked or otherwise updated(like in KoFXIII for Steam) there should be little overall difference. You get other benefits though as far as stick compatibility and no online-multiplayer paywall.

Yeah, oftentimes there's netcode improvement, but only because the PC port comes at a later time and the devs have had more time to play with it and make slight improvements.

Who's coming out for challenge night tonight?

Who's coming out for challenge night tonight?

I'll be there. I'll be leaving the house around 4PM so I can get there by 6PM.

been two weeks since i seen you jerks. feels like fucking years. heres updates for those wondering:

relius still the best.

tsubaki is way too fun, definitely might be my main bitch soon if progress continues. not sure if thats a good move for tournament play though, but for the sake of personal preference and casuals: fun > best

i gave up on the dog...and the robot is not very fun to me

still cant hit confirm with slayer

stopped trying to learn AC+ and been playing a ton of skullgirls instead

hope to see yall soon!

Aw yes! Another Tsubaki player! I plan on bringing her to tournaments, just after I get a little more experience. But firstly, I need to show up to Ignite for some local practice. Is 10$ really all I need?

just started learning izayoi (saber palette hnnngg) ww, this character is pretty fun despite all her shortcomings.

also made me realize how spoiled i am as a jin player haha.

can't wait to grind match ups with you guys during my spring break.

Aw yes! Another Tsubaki player! I plan on bringing her to tournaments, just after I get a little more experience. But firstly, I need to show up to Ignite for some local practice. Is 10$ really all I need?

yes sir, i appreciate your insight in the tsubaki Q&A thread my good man! if you bring your own console to ignite its only $5...but yes, $10 is standard door fee.

yes sir, i appreciate your insight in the tsubaki Q&A thread my good man! if you bring your own console to ignite its only $5...but yes, $10 is standard door fee.

No problem, if you have any other questions I'd be more than happy to answer them! Ah, that's good to know. Any other fees for playing games, or just one and only?

That's the only fee. It's only $10 without a console, $5 with a console.

Right, sorry for asking repeatedly. In any case, how is the new patch going to affect our mains and subs? Are you guys happy? Disappointed? I myself am content with Tsubaki's changes.

Well Terumi is getting a 50/50 super mixup? I'm not sure how I feel about that, my main pressure and my main poking tool get buffed which is nice, and outside of that alot of it is wait and see actual gameplay of.

Right, sorry for asking repeatedly. In any case, how is the new patch going to affect our mains and subs? Are you guys happy? Disappointed? I myself am content with Tsubaki's changes.

Carl gets more doll meter, so I'm happy.

I'm considering putting down my pad and learning stick.

Anyone know of any good/relatively cheap stick brands? (also one that is easy to mod)

I have no idea where to start searching orz

Anyone know of any good/relatively cheap stick brands? (also one that is easy to mod)

Try asking someone in the chicagoland facebook group if they have a spare stick for sale. You can negotiate a price with them. Any worthwhile stick you buy new isn't going to be cheap.

If you're really looking to pick up stick and think you'll stay with it, it's worth going ahead and getting a good one. Starting with a meh one and trying to improve it will end up costing more in the long run. I would recommend a Qanba Q4, it's going to run about $140 probably, but works on both systems out of the box, has the standard Sanwa parts, a great case, and plenty of room inside to work if you want additional mods at some point. For comparison, even if you find a TE for $100-120, you're going to have to shell out at least an additional $35 to dual-mod if you get an 360 version, $60 if you start with a PS3. If you for sure don't think you'll ever want one that works on 360 you can just keep an eye out for coupon codes during majors in a MadCatz TE/PRO series.

This guy also makes a reasonable starter stick, it's $40 for the stick itself, then you'll need to spend an additional $60 or so to swap in actual good buttons/joystick(the stock ones are pretty crappy).

Danisen League happening tonight guys! Show up and please bring consoles to assist running it as smoothly as possible. As per last time; It's free and we will start running things at 10PM and end at 12AM. Show up and lets have fun guys!

Hi everyone, I'm back for Spring Break.

Is Pazzo still on Wednesday as well as Friday now? And if so, does anyone go on Wednesdays? Because I've got some friends interested in turning out, and we're trying to decide which day of the week they'll come on.

Welcome back man!

As of late, not too many of us have been going on Wednesdays due to conflicting schedules but you never know who's available if you ask.

I can't go because of my class school this quarter, classes late on Wednesday and early on Thursday. :(

This is just question.

Do you guys have any spare PS3 controllers or each of us have to bring their own?

I'm only asking because I play on stick and its for 360 but I am capable of transitioning to pad.

Since it is only casuals, is it like alright for me to like jump in some games for CP? Cause I know many people are very good already and I have yet to play it :/. I don't wanna be a waste of time for experienced players...

I am planning to go, don't know when though. This would be a first offline place for me, hope it would be a exciting experience.

Jumping in regardless of experience is no issue at all, the experienced ones are usually looking to teach those less experienced, though it's definitely recommended that you get ahold of your own controller

Jumping in regardless of experience is no issue at all, the experienced ones are usually looking to teach those less experienced, though it's definitely recommended that you get ahold of your own controller

Alright thats good to know. I'm assume you also go to the Chicago ones(I hope I assume right). Do you know anyone that is capable of duel modding a stick? It looks complicated and it does not help that I am very lazy.