Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Shinsyn

The Illinois Thread: We Play Everything!

That's good, that's one of the ones compatible with the PhreakMods Cerberus: http://www.focusattack.com/phreakmods-cerberus-ps3-pc-joystick-pcb/

It's the cheapest/easiest way to dualmod a 360 stick, it's something most people should be able to do themselves but if you buy one and aren't comfortable installing it yourself there's a few people who know how to do that kind of stuff.

edit: The SOUL model has a slightly different install but it's still pretty simple, see the bottom of the page: http://www.phreakmods.com/products/cerberus/cerberus-install

Many thanks, even though i already asked about dual modding, i never actually continued. My laziness is huge. But with CP at the end of the month and offline gatherings, that was enough to get me working.

Thanks again, I can probably do it myself

tomorrow was supposed to be my return to ignite...but i need to stay home and play doctor for my dog has liver disease and needs all the help she can to pull through. somebody wish me luck! (just make sure its good luck this time, ive had enough bad for the last 10 weeks)

...oh and once i come back, yall are gunna have to eat this tsubaki ass without chewing. mmmmm BITCH! character specific combos all day!

Word is that game pazzo is going out of business in April.  Do we want to schedule something at an alternate location on Fridays?  Options I see are Ignite, EXP, or other people's homes.

Being in the suburbs is kind of nice, I would probably try to work out something local before driving to the city twice a week, but I know most people are coming from the city anyways.

Word is that game pazzo is going out of business in April.  Do we want to schedule something at an alternate location on Fridays?  Options I see are Ignite, EXP, or other people's homes.

Yeah, I was actually going to discuss this with you guys when I saw you. We might look into GGA again or possibly EXP Gaming. I'll be asking around and seeing what's up and when I know of all our options and possible days, I'll bring it up with everyone.

I'm partial to GGA because arcade cabinets are cool, and its walking distance to my favorite bar.  Maybe we could talk to the guys there and get the casuals room on Friday.

Is there any official word on friday at GGA?

Nothing as of yet. Exia and Nobodyexe are looking into it, especially now with what happened to GamePazzo.  I'll ask them about an update so everyone can be informed.

Nothing as of yet. Exia and Nobodyexe are looking into it, especially now with what happened to GamePazzo.  I'll ask them about an update so everyone can be informed.

Dunno if it helps, but I gave $500 to the GGAs fundraiser this year and had bought a yearly pass last year.  I'm a contributing member, although I'm not there as often as I'd like.

not sure if you guys watch their stream or have hit up GGA recently, but back when I was playing injustice I went to a few of their sessions and their room is now cut in half. the front of the room that we used to have reserved is now taken up by more cabs. seeing as how they only have space for 5-6 set ups now, I would say it miiiight be tough to persuade them to dedicate any to anime when theyre entire team is focused on MK9, injustice, and now KI. catering to a 4th game would be difficult.

I would vote for EXP. but then again...im biased cause I would love to play smash again for the good ol days lol the entire chicago smash scene meets there and I haven't touched link since high school. been itching to meet those guys and see how well I remember that game.

...mind you I still hardly ever leave the house, so my vote is only really 1/3rd of a vote until I recover.

I would vote for EXP. but then again...im biased cause I would love to play smash again for the good ol days lol the entire chicago smash scene meets there and I haven't touched link since high school. been itching to meet those guys and see how well I remember that game.

Last I was there they only had two EVO monitors.  Did they have more last time you were there?

Me n Alex are at GGA every Thursday...

We'll get there earlier to actually talk to Doc today instead of oops barely miss him as he leaves the building.

Ain't nothing wrong with GGA. 6 setups w/ stream is plenty for us.

Last I was there they only had two EVO monitors.  Did they have more last time you were there?

ive unfortunately never been there...but yeah, the last time the kof guys and myself made plans to go, james texted me asking me to bring my asus...so we'd have to supply our own I would presume.

Ain't nothing wrong with GGA. 6 setups w/ stream is plenty for us.

word, but 6 setups are already focused on injustice/mk9/KI is what I was saying. remember even back when GGA was popping off weekly they always reserved 5-6 set ups for mk9. i wasn't saying anything is wrong with GGA, cause i love that place and the teammates are awesome dudes...but none of them play BB and space is hella limited on Thursdays now. ...or any day of the week for that matter

What's up guys, thought I would check in here and see if there is anyone from the quad cities area on here. I'm relatively new to BB but with how much I have been enjoying CP I am looking to get more into the scene and hopefully improve my game and one day stop getting bodied all day. On a side note if anyone would want to play some online matches some time let me know, would love to have a second perspective on what I need to work on.

This might be a stretch, but I'm moving up to Chicago on Saturday.  Until I can find my own place I'll be staying in a cheap hotel or hostel.  Is there anyone here looking for room mates or know of anyone else in the FGC who is or would be willing to help house me until I can get my own place?  I'd rather help someone in the scene with their utils/rent rather than waste some money at a hotel.  Plus I don't know the area that well.  

This might be a stretch, but I'm moving up to Chicago on Saturday.  Until I can find my own place I'll be staying in a cheap hotel or hostel.  Is there anyone here looking for room mates or know of anyone else in the FGC who is or would be willing to help house me until I can get my own place?  I'd rather help someone in the scene with their utils/rent rather than waste some money at a hotel.  Plus I don't know the area that well.  

Welcome to Chicago!  The best place to ask that would be on the Chicago Fighting Game Community facebook group.  You'll get a lot more views there.

Welcome to Chicago!  The best place to ask that would be on the Chicago Fighting Game Community facebook group.  You'll get a lot more views there.

Thanks!  I'll give it a go.