Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Shinsyn

The Illinois Thread: We Play Everything!

Option 4 and probably the one I'm going to go with after some deliberation on precisely what it entails) it didn't occur to me because I was treating the 2v2 as a completely separate thing from GGA that we could very well do UNIEL and P4U2 (and whatever else) at GGA as we have been, and run 2v2s at Ignite. As of right now that probably means:

Monday nights, 2v2s for any/all of AC+R, DFC, Xrd (AH3LM? it's too dead to sustain 2v2s unless people make an effort to pick it up)

Friday nights, singles for UNIEL and P4U2, maybe Xrd if it edges out P4U2 and then we move P4U2 over to Monday nights, I really don't know right now.

GGA can handle 3 games, let's just do XRD at both for a while since it's new. The primary consideration should be where the players show up. We get people at GGA who come mostly for P4AU like pearlyfey and leudenberg who can't make it to ignite. If XRD is getting ranbats at ignite then we should probably not have it in 2v2 rotation. But we'll have to see how that all turns out.

I actually would like inclusion of Arcana if possible, maybe once just to test waters out. Several people that never played the game before picked up LM and seems like more Marvel players other than Brightside and Leon may join in the future. I'm always inclined to be pragmatic over pushing my own preference, though.

That being said, the reason why I think DFC would be a good inclusion is similar to UNIEL - the game's entry barrier is low (even lower than UNIEL) for anybody to jump in and try it out, even if they don't own the game yet.

Been talking to some of the GG players here and they're highly interested in holding ranbats for Xrd and wouldn't mind paying a small fee to do so. If Noah plans to run an Xrd Ranbat alongside USFIV RFR, I would say not to worry about a 2v2 format for Xrd at Ignite.

Because of Xrd's possible inclusion of the ranbat season at Ignite, I wouldn't mind Option 1 with the rotation of UNiEL, DFC, GGAC+R, and P4U2. Four games to rotate around  through the month and it keeps GGACR around. With the OG's being a bit more active for an Xrd ranbat, they would more than likely be involved with the +R Free to enter 2v2 since they would be there for the Xrd Ranbats (If this were to happen). I also like the inclusion of a Love Max 2v2 if enough people are going to show up for it and if for some reason people lose interest in one of the other 4 games being hosted (Same reason for dropping BBCP out of the lineup).

As much as I'd hate to to drop BBCP, it's numbers are significantly low for it at Ignite and if it needs to go, let it go. We still have GGA and various monthlies to play BBCP (Since BBCP did have the most entrants at Nani Sore, mostly due to people who don't show up often, being there). So the game isn't dead, just not very active at the Ignite venue.

So what is the big game you guys are playing now? If I ever get a chance to stop by I want to be somewhat prepared. Shame you guys are taking BBCP out, but if no ones playing then no ones playing.

Shin's got another very good point, assuming there'll be GGXrd weeklies. Putting everything together, DFC/AH3LM/AC+R at IGL on Monday with UNIEL/P4U2 at GGA on Friday might not be a bad way to handle this. I'm probably going to make a better list of options and make a strawpoll at some point or whatever.

I'll also be willing to host GG at my place once a week for those who can't really make it out to any of the events.  I was thinking Wednesdays. 

I'll be visiting from the 17th to around the 5th. Supprting option 1 because waifus are crime, but bball is life. Looking forward to seeing you all and learning Xrd.

I will be hosting on the north side Chicago on Thursday evening, primarily to get myself ready for AH3LM and DFC at NEC. UNIEL... well, I will just wing it there (not sure if I should of have pre-reg'd myself now that I think about it).

Let me know if interested.

I will be hosting on the north side Chicago on Thursday evening, primarily to get myself ready for AH3LM and DFC at NEC. UNIEL... well, I will just wing it there (not sure if I should of have pre-reg'd myself now that I think about it).

Let me know if interested.

What town do you live in?  I'd like to make it sometime but the trip might be prohibitively long for a weekday.

What town do you live in?  I'd like to make it sometime but the trip might be prohibitively long for a weekday.

I'm in the Lincoln Square neighborhood. About a mile west of Alex/Chris.

Geeze, haven't logged on here in a long ass time. I mostly just read. But to help give more ROAR to the Illinois scene's voice, I can chime in to get more active. I don't go to Ignite often so I guess my opinion on the rotation wont entirely count for much. But with Xrd's release I can try to go more. 

But speaking for GGA mostly (if We were to push Ranbats/Team tournies at both venues,  that would be neat.), whatever we can do to get GGA some hype and get people to come for Xrd and UNIEL.

As for Ignite, option 1. Overall option 1 seems most manageable and efficient enough to get other games showtime without drowning everything in Guilty Gear if people don't want to have it take up another spot every week.

I'm up for keeping +R alive if people are willing to, I still need to play my man Johnny. But for the sake of GG as a whole and keeping it "progressing forward" then lets push more Xrd. Unless, like stated by ShinSyn, the Xrd ranbats are separately done and we keep +R in the rotation for team tournies, then that would be cool. But I definitely want some Xrd pushed at GGA and I hope more people can make it there. (mainly cause that's the main venue I go to but it's always good to get a crowd anywhere :)).

Lets get hype for Xrd, ad more UNIEL!

Hey y'all, it's the results post: insomnia edition. Today since Xrd just came out and organizationally we're in a bit of chaos, the 2v2s weren't 2v2 and we did some fun stuff in addition to a single elim Xrd tournament. Next week... I'm not really sure what it'll be yet, to be honest! I have some people to talk to, so more on that later. For now, your standings. This is gonna be a long one.

DFC Assist Roulette (7 entrants)
DFC tournament where assist is determined by random number generator.

1) Brightside
2) MightyMar
3) Crimefighter
4) BFH
5) Kazmer
5) Fabama
5) Teo

SURVIVE! (17 entrants)
Xrd Mission #11. Ramlethal is out for blood. Don't get got. Winners determined by whoever succeeds more times out of the set of 5 that the mission makes you do, or by sudden death in the event of a tie.

1) Fabama
2) Woocash
3) Kizzer
4) ChosenNinja
5) Kazmer
5) Super Axl
5) MightyMar
5) Wilfooooo
9) Joey D
9) Flying V
9) Bob Washington
9) Jason
9) JustOwnin
9) Teo
9) Scientician
9) Crimefighter
17) BFH

Xrd (24 entrants)
These results look pretty funny next to the SURVIVE! results. Just sayin'.

1) Bob Washington
2) Scientician
3) BFH
4) Jason
5) Bzerk
5) MightyMar
5) Flying V
5) Woocash
9) Joey D
9) Super Axl
9) ChosenNinja
9) Kyle
9) NCV
9) Teo
9) Brightside
9) Heroic Legacy
17) Wilfooooo
17) Fabama
17) Tigerfist
17) Kazmer
17) Kizzer
17) GreedyChun
17) Exia
17) Crimefighter

Holy shit, 24 entrants for Xrd?! Kinda sad I was way too burnt out from NEC to go (I passed out at 6PM...). It would have been fun to play in that!

I also edited the first post with your results. Thanks BFH!

yeah xrd tournament was hella fun.  I ended up getting 4th, my semifinal match against eddie was super close, eddie is really good in this game.  None of the other GG players were there other than Bob Washington though, but I'm hoping they'll start coming by, especially if we do ranbats.

Survive tourney was really fun. Kind of hope we can do something like that again. Especially when people are more used to the game, we can ramp it up and just do Millia blocker. Either Xrd, or Online version, lol.

I wish I did better in the actual tournament. I'm not familiar with Bedman and even my basic asshole Sol couldn't lead me past him. Though I definitely could've played much smarter and adaptive overall. Still fun though. The casuals were great atleast and May is an annoying wall. Dolphin and whaling anchor normals :vbang:

I hope to see you guys at GGA. Bozac is going to be there, so  I hope some of the other OG's come out so we can get some good matches and learning in.

Leo atleast looks cool and more interesting than speculated so I'm hype to get started on him next week. See you guys soon.

Definitely looking forward to GGA tomorrow. Hopefully we can run a tournament there as well. My Venom is slowly becoming less shitty, I need to work on my Oki and early game zoning. Also, does anyone know how many frames the wakeup reversal window is in this game? It feels very small compared to what I am used to, but I also almost never play characters who have true reversals so I may just not be used to timing reversals on wakeup in general.

I miiiiiiiight be there tomorrow night.  In addition to not being free until at least 8 PM and not getting there until 9 'cause lol Indiana, I don't know if it's a better use of my time to go play (and get stomped repeatedly and trying to learn in the chaos of a real match) or sit at home with quiet focused practice time getting combos and muscle memory down so that's one less thing I have to focus on in a real match.

I'm sure there will be more than just Guilty Gear tomorrow. Callisto is bringing a setup for UNIEL, and I'd be willing to play UNIEL and Persona alongside Guilty Gear as well.

Yeah, I'm not good at wakeup either in this game, I always do it too early.  Luckily faust doesn't have a reversal so it doesn't matter.  One thing to note about GG wakeup that's different than other games, everyone universally has 1 frame of invuln on wakeup, which is why wakeup throw always works as a reversal if they are in your throw range on wakeup. 

Who's bringing Xrd setups tomorrow? I'll haul my PS3 if I have to. Just kinda against the idea since I have to take the Metra.