Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Shinsyn

The Illinois Thread: We Play Everything!

I'm sure there will be plenty of setups tomorrow, I wouldn't worry about needing to bring your own, especially if you're worried about bringing it on the Metra.

Might as well post here since I posted everywhere else. If anybody is coming from the Southside around calumet park and is driving let me know

Definitely looking forward to GGA tomorrow. Hopefully we can run a tournament there as well. My Venom is slowly becoming less shitty, I need to work on my Oki and early game zoning. Also, does anyone know how many frames the wakeup reversal window is in this game? It feels very small compared to what I am used to, but I also almost never play characters who have true reversals so I may just not be used to timing reversals on wakeup in general.

Reversals are pretty tight in this game as were in the previous ones. I don't think they're ST levels of reversal timings but you definitely have to be on point when doing them right before wakeup. Atleast it's what I've experienced from playing Sol so far. Maybe a little more lenient in Xrd compared to the other games but I'm unsure. Feels the same. 

I will be there and I'll be bringing an Xrd setup. I'm also down for playing other games if people break them out. I haven't touched anything else outside of Xrd since NEC though LOL!

*Double Post*

GGA Results have been added to the first post. Also, who can I expect to see at Ignite for some Guilty Gear?

I'll be there between 6:30-7.  Won't be bringing my setup since everyone and their mother had one last week.  I'm looking for a lot of feedback on my overall playstyle.

Will there be any Anime side tournaments at the tournament this Saturday? I know we are running Xrd and UNIEL as the main games, but is anyone planning on running P4AU or BB on the side? I'd be willing to enter P4AU and maybe BB.

as long as there's interest I'll run a P4AU or BBCP 1.0 side tournament. If people want BBCP 1.1 for some weird reason I guess it's possible, but I'd need someone to bring a set-up

If people want BBCP 1.1 for some weird reason I guess it's possible, but I'd need someone to bring a set-up

"Some weird reason." LOL Kokonoe players.

Anyways, I should actually be able to show up to meetings for awhile. I elected not to go over Thanksgiving weekend because I learned my best friend would be in India most of holiday break, and I wanted to spend time with him.

Fight before christmas trap gunner side tournamet results!

1st [Zerashi Squad] Bunnies form Hell

2nd [cpzl] Crimefighter

3rd Final Snake

4th Magnets

5th Rekt Lunas

5th Fabama

7th Kazmer

7th CTY

9th Scud Sparks

9th Hologram Mike Ross

9th Kizzer

13th Teo

13th a particularly good bye

16th grant

Entrents: 13

Shout outs to bfh for bringing the game and kicking in a pot bonus... and then gate keeping it

Trap Gunner was extremely fun. I still need to actually practice Xrd. Wish I could of have played more UNIEL casuals. Thanks for everybody that entered the DFC tourney and sorry for the delays due to it taking place during the heat of Xrd and UMVC3 tourneys.

Im just glad I got to gatekeep danke in dfc

lol

I also had to DQ him and ShinSyn because they were too busy with their main games. I won't post the full results because of it but Doug won (played every match except the seeded bye in the first round) and I was second (played every match).

Also, Hero 3-0'd beno in mid-bracket play... don't ask why.

So I assume there will be some unofficial casuals gatherings with new years and Christmas around the corner.  Could we make sure these get these get advertised?  I'd like to level up a bit.

So I assume there will be some unofficial casuals gatherings with new years and Christmas around the corner.  Could we make sure these get these get advertised?  I'd like to level up a bit.

There will be plenty of them, I'm sure. Most of them would probably be posted in various Facebook groups.

Just a reminder, Ignite still happening tonight despite tournament on Saturday.  Myself, Shinsyn, Bzerk, Bozac + others confirmed attendance.  Come grind xrd ya'll.

Hi there!  New to the group and thought I'd introduce myself..  I'm a Rockford, IL native and am involved in a very, very small community of fighters in Northern IL!

A few things to note, and some of this is too late to put over in the events thread, but I'm the department head for the video game room for the Anime Apocalypse, which is an anime con happening THIS WEEKEND in Rockford at the Clock Tower Resort!  Info on all that can be found at www.animeapocalypse.org.  We'll be hosting tournaments all weekend long, including Xrd and even Dengeki Bunko: Fighting Climax!

I'm the lead organizer for a gaming group in Rockford as well.  If you're anywhere in the northern part of IL, feel free to look the group up!  www.meetup.com/statelinegamers

I'm also helping host a few tournaments happening later this year, but I'll throw those up at the events thread when those details are more fleshed out.

Nice to meet you all, and feel free to find me for some matches in games!