Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Shinsyn

The Illinois Thread: We Play Everything!

I found out about this topic on Twitter. I've searched for locals for awhile and never found anything in Illinois until now (guess I wasn't looking hard enough!). Is there anyone around the Southside of Chicago (Wrightwood-Ashburn) that can offer rides to the places where events are held? I can supply gas fare if that's fine. I'll be here for 2 more weeks, then I have to go back to college (Bradley University; It's in Peoria). If there's anyone in Peoria, that's cool too.

I'll be going to Frosty Faustings on both the 23rd and 24th as well, so I'm looking forward to seeing anyone there! Apparently Kusanagi and his bud are rooming with me, my friend, and his friend so you'll see him too.

I play pretty much everything (SF, Anime), but my experiences are low in stuff like MK, Skullgirls, and KoF. Posting here to see if I get any replies. Contact me through this thread or on twitter please (same name).

Ignite 2v2 results (inwhich we forgot to do a third place match) coming to you live from ignite while I watch yosh body beno in aquapazza

1 American destoryers (rifle avenger & mighty mar)

2 #1 n/a (grant & conway)

3 fireballs for days (zerashi & calisto)

3 duck's hot sauce challenge (kazmer & chris R)

5 happy waifu happy lifu (beno & zach in the box)

5 bokusatsu tenshi dokuro-chan, or, how I learned to stop worrying and love the excalibolg (jason & cty)

Good times tonight, especially with Zerashi making his glorious return.

Also, for the sake of keeping variety alive (and in Lloyd's absence) I may start running free DFC tourneys on Mondays starting next week.

So, I haven't played a GG game for an extremely long time, but have been playing fighters forever.  I ordered this with an amazon gift card I got for the holidays and am just looking here to find IL players, if not local.  Figured I would see if I could get some games to start to re up my game faster than playing randoms.  Unfortunately I will be waiting until probably friday to receive, but will be down to game once I have it.  PSN:  tROYISM_

Hey Troyism. If you want add me on PSN, i havent played a fighter in over a year, and im stuck on netplay unfortunatly, but I would be more than happy to play some games :D    PSN: Enigmos.

Everyone here who comes to ignite, is there interest in entering a very cheap xrd tournament weekly?  say, 1 or 2$ entry fee?  From the past couple weeks it seems like we usually have 10+ xrd players each week, sometime enough for a full 16 man bracket.  Playing casuals is great and all, but I really want to get some tournament EXP in this game, and the free tournaments have been fun too, but I feel like it's better to have some skin in the game if you will.  Watching the tourney at GGA really made me jealous that we haven't been doing the same at ignite, especially since the drive to GGA for me makes it a lot harder for me to show up there.  It doesn't have to be streamed or a super professional thing or even take all the setups so we could still have casuals going on.  Thoughts?  I'm going to cross post this in the facebook thread.

Noah wanted to do xrd ranbats I think. We usually do single elim 2v2s at igndte and rotate games. The rotation was bb/p4a/unib but since bb died out we've just been winging it. If theres no ranbat Id expect unib/xrd/dfc/maybe p4a with 2 2v2s a week. If you wanna pay theres always monthlies or you could throw in a pot bonus. But we've traditionaly done free tournaments for weeklies to be as inclusive as possible.

I'm down for either ranbats/cheap tournies/freebies, but if the high level competition at GGA is any indication, it doesn't matter if you charge or not 'cause when it's tourney time, everyone turns it on and goes nuts. 

Both Ignite and GGA venues are planning a Ranbat season after Frosty Faustings. More details will be posted soon.

I'm gonna bring yomi (david sirlin's card game) to ignite tonight. There's a lot of decks/characters so I might not have all of them. If anyone wants me to bring a specific deck let me know.

Guys, results from the 1$ xrd tourney last night at ignite here.  Finished in just under an hour with 14 entrants, I hope everyone enjoyed themselves.  I liked how the tourney only used half the setups, finished quickly so we could get lots of casuals afterwards.  I feel like if there were less people we could do double elim, but I kind of like single elim when there's more than 10 entrants.  See ya'll next week.

Hey guys, I'm from Texas but I'm going to be in Chicago this weekend.

Is the first post still accurate and is there anything I should know if I decide to check out the local scene?

At gga we usually have free double elim tournaments for xrd and unib, sometimes we also do tournaments for other games too, but its usually played by ear.

This week specifically I was planning on doing a tetris tournament at gga along side the normal stuff.

GGA UNiB top 4:

1st: Bunnies from hell

2nd: Heroic Legacy

3rd: wilfooooooooooo

4th: Nobodyexe

GGA Puyo Puyo Vs Tetris top 4:

1st: CPZL | Crimefighter

2nd: CPZL | Typhas

3rd: Bunnies from hell

4th: Fabama

Just FYI, I'm going to enter my handle as 'wired' henceforth.  Wiredgod is an old anime reference that is mistaken for self-aggrandizement.  My twitter, DL accounts are going to remain the same

Sometimes. At gga we do xrd and unib consistantly, if p4 players show up we can also do p4 (theres usually casuals at least). At ignite we do 2v2s, nothing's set as of right now for 2v2 rotation, sometimes theres a casuals setup but they turn into xrd pretty quickly these days. If you show up for a monthly or something itll probably be there

Keep an eye on this topic and maybe the FB group for future tournaments and maybe ranbat news. P4 is bound to have a comeback sometime before evo.

Hey guys, so I'm not technically in Illinois anymore, but I'm nearby in Madison Wisconsin. Far as I can tell there is no scene here, and I'm looking to get back in to guilty gear. I havent played an anime fighter since blazblue: CT,so I'm sure I'm shit.  But I'm hoping to find some people to play with consistently and rebuild some skill.

PSN : Schweedy

GG: Axl

BB: Hakumen

SF: Claw, T.Hawk

Feel free to hit me up!

Ignite Under night 1v1 single elim results

1st bunniesfromhell (wald/byakuya)

2nd nobodyexe (vatista)

3rd jason (gord)

4th crimefighter (chaos)

For the guy that keeps coming and playing HDR, I suggest making a rule that he has to bring his own setup, can't change other people's setups no matter what, and has to bring his own stick and pad (no borrowing).  I think banning him is too harsh, but it should be clear he can't keep abusing other people's generosity.

Also, strangers shouldn't be drug peddling at casuals (which this guy also did).  Automatic ban and let the ignite or GGA ownership know.  I know some people like the green, which is fine, but bring your own or borrow from a friend.  No peddling

Basically enough is enough here.  It's irritating and needs to stop.

Fortunately, we don't tend to see him there very often (this was the first time I have seen him at GGA, actually). Unfortunately, every time I have run into him he has tried to sell me drugs, or in the case of last Friday, a 40.

I'm not sure exactly how to handle this situation. I don't think that his presence is majorly detrimental, but it's definitely annoying. I like being able to leave my stick in the room and not having to worry about someone mashing around on it in ST like it's an American cabinet. I wish there was a way I could lock my setup into a certain set of games without having to remove every other game I have stored on it. Last week my setup became a Divekick setup, which confused me a bit.

I would say we wait and see if this becomes a consistent issue before anyone tries to take action.

Alternatively, we could all switch to Hitbox layouts and never have to worry about it.