Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Shinsyn

The Illinois Thread: We Play Everything!

the BBCSE tourny actually happened i was soo nervous and shaking but i ended up winning.... but none of the people were big time players (then again neither am I) but what had me going was the fact that the person i had to face in the finals was cosplaying Hatsune Miku.... she did give me a run for my money

Congrats! It's always good to get 1st place, sadly I have never experienced that for BlazBlue yet, always 2nd or 3rd (Dat Jin Curse!)

I'm surprised DinDragmire didn't show up. I heard he was going to that convention you were at, and he's a GDLK Hakumen Player in Wisconsin. But then again, it does make sense since he doesn't have extend and wouldn't know CSE Hakumen stuff, lol.

BBCSE has minor differences from the previous games i could pull off most of my combos(i too dont own the game)... I won using lambda but i did use Ragna at one point but what had me really going was the Tekken-6 tourny... i was literally sweating, i was soo... shocked when i won. i literally won by a low kick

yes Miku was pretty hot and a really awesome Mu-12 player

the only Blazblue cosplay

http://a4.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/395850_10150622336457893_593412892_9303768_2052187443_n.jpg

Just got back from the gathering they had for Monday, unfortunately my point of contact had that day off, so making the reservation didn't happen. Luckily I have his E-mail so I'll hit him up tomorrow to reserve the televisions we need on Saturday. I'll update you guys with more information as it comes.

Well I am a definite no-go for this weekend. They just posted Saturday work(which is technically Friday night). However, I do not feel like blowing my one day off by driving 6+ hours for any reason. I hope you guys can understand. I work a lot more than most people do on this board so my time is much more constrained.

Although I did talk my buddy into agreeing to go whenever I am able to make the trip. He's not much of a fighting game lover but he definitely enjoys some MK9.

Holy damn... an illinois thread that wasn't instantly forgotten about the next day? 9 pages long!?!? What is this sorcery!? Props to shin for taking the initiative to get this scene up and running.

Intro time?

Whats up everybody im Alpha Dog. Im currently attending UIC until this fall where I will probably be transferring to WIU. I usually play with the tekken crew at galloping ghost arcade on some thursdays. Im down to play just about anything when im not bogged down in Chemistry work. Although my favorites would have to be Tekken,Guilty Gear (though i suck at it)/ third strike in that order but I will be willing to play other games like blazblue, umvc3,etc. I have pretty much have every fighting game acccept kof and sc5. So im pretty much down to play anything, even old school favs like cvs2.

My Psn is Final_Fate

Im rarely on due to school obligations but messaging me if you want to get some games in.

@ Alpha Dog

You're attending UIC? I live in the Automatic Lofts across the freeway from UIC. I play pretty much anything though the games I'd say I'm decent in BB, GG and KOF XIII. I have CvS2 and would love to get back into that but I don't have a PS2 so I'm way out of practice in that. Anyway, if you're in the dorms of UIC or live nearby, hit me up and we can get some games in.

EDIT: I sent the E-mail to my contact, hopefully I will hear from him soon with a guaranteed slot form 5-10PM this Saturday Evening.

I went to the venue Monday Night to see how things are ran and they were pretty organized. I was talking to one of the KOF players there and he was actually more than welcome to have BlazBlue a part of their line-up, but that's on a Monday Evening and I don't know how you guy's schedules are. We can continue to do this Saturday thing if it works out but Monday's are available to us. These guys were pretty cool about incorporating BlazBlue in their line up of games, they already play SSFIV:AE/UMvC3/KOFXIII/and I even saw someone wanting to play AH3 so with that being said, that option is available to us. The decision to move casuals to Monday Nights (7PM-2AM) depends on you guys, I'm down for whatever you guys choose.

I'm always down for some Arcana Heart 3 Shin. Monday nights are, at least for now, entirely impossible for me. Need more venues in Central-ish IL as well. Maybe I will rent out a building and make a place haha. I can dream...

I forget if there is a bus that goes from Milwaukee to Chicago... and awesome a Tekken player ^_^ I love my Tekken

Greyhound Round Trip From Milwaukee to Chicago, costs $20 bucks if you leave that Saturday Afternoon and plan to leave Chicago Sunday Morning around 6am. I'm sure there's a better option out there though... last thing I want you to do is wait at the greyhound station forever for your bus to arrive, or get a hotel for 50 bucks just to play video games. I would let you chill at my dorm for the night at least until your train would arrive (If you did choose Greyhound) but these guys are being bitches about bringing people over for the night due to some events that took place... Not gonna give any details about that...

looks like those "events" turned out bad..... i cant rent at a hotel due to i dont own a credit card... P.s i wouldnt know where to go after getting off the bus so getting lost is eminent

Shin, if you make this ranbat happen with, I'm giving you an offline badge.

Shin, if you make this ranbat happen with, I'm giving you an offline badge.

Sweet! I always wanted something to show for my work on DL, I'll definitely make sure this happens! Offline badge FTW!

Good news everyone, I got a quick look at the tentative schedule for work and i shows i got Saturday off ^_^. ill just go check again after school today to make sure. and lucky for me im getting a ride since my mom is going to a friends house which is ironicly three blocks away from our meeting locatioin. So no stress driving there for me this time. Are there any last minute changes to the plan at all? are we still starting/meeting at 4-5?

@ Alpha Dog

You're attending UIC? I live in the Automatic Lofts across the freeway from UIC. I play pretty much anything though the games I'd say I'm decent in BB, GG and KOF XIII. I have CvS2 and would love to get back into that but I don't have a PS2 so I'm way out of practice in that. Anyway, if you're in the dorms of UIC or live nearby, hit me up and we can get some games in.

I commute unfortunately.

Also my plans for saturday is kinda iffy at the moment so theres a chance (albeit small) that I might be able to come to a gathering. Where do you plan on hosting it and what time?

Good news everyone, I got a quick look at the tentative schedule for work and i shows i got Saturday off ^_^. ill just go check again after school today to make sure. and lucky for me im getting a ride since my mom is going to a friends house which is ironicly three blocks away from our meeting locatioin. So no stress driving there for me this time. Are there any last minute changes to the plan at all? are we still starting/meeting at 4-5?

That's what's up! The plans are still for this Saturday at 4-5pm, I have to go there tonight to make sure these guys got our reservation set because I have yet to get an e-mail back from this guy

Shin, im free this weekend so ill be attending.

Bet. Can't wait to see you there bro!

I commute unfortunately.

Also my plans for saturday is kinda iffy at the moment so theres a chance (albeit small) that I might be able to come to a gathering. Where do you plan on hosting it and what time?

It's the first gathering, it's OK if you can't make it to the first one. I'm gonna head out tonight and see what's going on with out reservation. BTW, we're gathering at Ingite Network Lounge, sorry about not posting that earlier.

Shout-outs to 4 bar connections in-state!

LOL I know right! BTW, I'm almost finished with compiling the hilarious moments of BB i've had in the past 2 weeks so expect to see our moment on there, lol!

Hey got a question, so i probably wont get their until 5. I take it i just ask the people at the front desk for the blazblue meeting or something like that? sorry never been to the place or done this sorta thing before. Anyway cant wait to get my butt kicked tomorrow ^_^ ( didnt have time to practice at all this week :vbang:)

Not sure who here is also an SRK poster so I might already talk to some of you...anyone here go to Thursdays at GGA?

Edit: I probably could have made a better first post in the thread...

I'm Ryan, aka Callisto, currently from Hoffman Estates. I'm a relatively new FG player, with CT being the first game I ever played seriously in any manner. BB is my favorite series, though I spent a large amount of time on SF4 since AE has come out, between that and the time not spent on BB:CS2 I'd say I'm not considerably better at that. I'm mediocre at FGs overall, I have down most of the high-level concepts but I have clunky hands and bad offline nerves which equals shitty execution. I currently play AE, UMvC3, and CSE actively, I own MK9, SC5, and KOFXIII but I'm not big on MK as a serious game, am absolutely baffled by SC5, and am just plain too bad to play KOFXIII(lol). usually attend GGA's Windy City Showdown every Thursday and Nickel Saturdays at Nickel City most weeks. I'm always willing to keep BB on my setup until the AE tourney starts.

As far as what I'm looking for...I totally fell of the train with BB, for not having a high-level understanding of FGs before(AE has helped a ton with this) I still did okay as Ragna, but I'm very out of practice and am pretty awful with him so far in CSE. I'd love to get real practice in rather than just lab grinding, especially offline. I don't really expect to be winning tourneys in any game, but I'd like to get to where I can pick up a stick and play competently with at least one character/team regardless of what game is on. Also, I'm a huge fan of BB/ArcSys and I want to support them just to see them do well so they keep making games so I try to toss in my pot money where I can and get people to play it when I can.

So yeah, there's that.

LOL I know right! BTW, I'm almost finished with compiling the hilarious moments of BB i've had in the past 2 weeks so expect to see our moment on there, lol!

I watched my replay of that moment again and I still am not sure what happened. I can't wait to see other bs though. Those are the best kinds of videos.

Everyone have fun this weekend. That's an order.

@Callisto: I used to post on SRK somewhat, but I can only take so many SSF4 fanboys in one sitting. I went to GGA once before, but didn't really do much.

As far as tomorrow looks, I might not be able to make it out. My only ride out to Ignite just got a flat, and won't be able to replace it for a few days. Unless a miracle ride shows up, I'm NAH.

@ Arc:

Mission accepted, LOL! Really wish you were able to make it out here this weekend but "Real Life" happens, lol.

@ Callisto:

I have an account on SRK, it's just that it's been forever since I've been on it. some of the SFIV guys really look down on the airdasher side of the community and bashes the hell out of it. Not saying all of them are that way because I met the guys who play on Monday Nights at Ignite Network and they were pretty chill with us joining up with them but Monday's don't really cut it for the core of the community here due to school/work/whatever other reason there is.

@ Lucien:

Man I really hope a miracle can happen and you make it out here tomorrow, it would suck if you couldn't make it. I'll be headed up to I.N. tomorrow with my set-ups around 330 to start setting up and finish up the reservation for us to start at 5pm. Hope to see the guys that can make it out there tomorrow.

Also, I uploaded a new video if any of you are intersted: