Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Shinsyn

The Illinois Thread: We Play Everything!

Heroic Legacy! It's been a minute bro, last time I saw you was at Frosty, and the last time we played was in CS1, LOL!

OK enough of that. I really appreciate the support and I'm glad to hear that you support us trying to rebuild a scene for this game. I'll push to have our casuals at Nickel City since you guys are really supportive of our community, and since the venue fee is $2 instead of $15, it makes it much more of an incentive for us to come out there. I'll come out to Nickel City to play every once in awhile and I'll see if these guys are willing to change the venue and pay less. I'll be out there this Saturday especially if FR is being streamed out there.

I may no longer play Blazblue, it may have been a year since I've actually held the game in my hands (Despite still having JP copies of CT/CS) but I'll be damned if you guys show up and get ridiculed. I may poke fun at the game, but I ain't gonna let people talk shit about any fighting game. Sorry, you pay to get in and play to level up same as everyone else, if you let them try to belittle you or stomp you into the ground, fuck em. I joined the 2D community in Illinois as a BB player (When the scene consisted of me and three other guys) and ended up becoming a KoF and MvC3 player (Begrudgingly to the latter of course)

You guys show me a scene and I'll pick up EX. Shows promise though. I've never gotten Ve out to a gathering ever, and I pestered him about it for 6 months straight. You guys are clearly doing something right.

Come out to Nickel City Saturday, I think we'll have the Final Round stream up too.

Tager is a real character now.

I'll snag my g/f's netbook and put Tournament Maker on it, in case we can round up 8+ players we can make a little $2 one for lulz.

Whats up guys, I'm just getting back into BB now after playing marvel 3 for the last year and trying to readjust to this game (and learn Jin now lol). So if you guys are doing something at Nickel City this Saturday I'll try to make it up there, might try to bring a friend with me who's really new to fighting games but really wants to learn BB too! By the way, will you guys be playing BB on PS3 or 360 or both?

By the way, will you guys be playing BB on PS3 or 360 or both?

My setup is a 360, maybe both depending on if someone else brings a setup.

Tager is a real character now.

Not to be funny Heroic, but Skye is right. Tager is literally Mid tier or better, and it's legit (he's higher up there than Jin... :( ) Hopefully we can round up a few people to get you interested in the game again. It would be nice to get that tie-breaker between us and to have it determined offline, lol.

My setup is a 360, maybe both depending on if someone else brings a setup.

We can do both. I have a PS3, a 360 and copies of BB for both consoles. Since Callisto is bringing his 360, I'll bring my PS3 and games. If you play pad, and the 360 set up is already hooked up, I do have a PS2/360 converter you can play off of, but if we're fighting, I'm using it lol.

@Sutomu

Glad you popped in here bro, glad to see there are more players willing to come out to play this game offline. As I said before, my schedule is pretty open on Saturday so I will be up there this weekend. I don't know about the other guys but I can make it.

I have a pad for both, was just curious which one I should bring guess I'll just bring both then lol.

I am going to try and remind my boss that I want that weekend off for personal reasons(if I still work there). I am already making my plans to head to Chicago. Just need a place and a time!

Well unfortunately I can't get Saturday off work so I'm not gonna be able to make it out but I will definitely be keeping an eye on this thread to make sure I can get out to the next one!

Tager being a character or not didn't change why I stopped playing. I stopped simply because I had nobody who wanted to play. (Not to mention it was the IB nerf that killed my entire gameplan of punishing 60% of strings in the game. It's also that knowledge that cost me top 12 at SBV when I forgot to do Mu-12's frame data for punishment and lost to XAQshinor in a close set.)

I'll play some Saturday probably. I've kept up very little (I kinda know what I'm supposed to do now) but I'll probably be like 'Wow that's new' or 'Wow that works? Sick'

So wait, it's this saturday? Well, I had my date all messed up on my calendar, but I might still be able to make it up there.

If it helps, I have a SE and TE 360 stick.

This Saturday was a last minute thing Ve, last weekend was the first gathering I hosted. I happened to have time in my schedule to make it out to Nickel City this weekend so I'm bringing a BB set up and get involved with other games as well. Also if they're showing the stream of the FR tournament there, that's even more incentive for me to show up. If you can make it this weekend Ve, that would be hype!

I will see. Remember for me this is a 6-7 hour trip, so its just not easy for me to up and go. I should know better by tomorrow. I'll look at my schedule and see what I can do.

I will see. Remember for me this is a 6-7 hour trip, so its just not easy for me to up and go. I should know better by tomorrow. I'll look at my schedule and see what I can do.

Holy... Wow, that's a long haul. I had no idea you were that far out. If you can't make it, it's completely understandable, but if you could, then that's great. Just let us know what's good when you figure things out.

EDIT: If I'm staying until close, I think I should look up a hotel since the last train running to Chicago is the 11PM and the next one get's back out to the city runs on Sunday around 620am. If anyone knows any good ones nearby the venue, that would be great.

Well, if I make a trip I would need to iron out a few things in my plans. Mainly, use the trip to be somewhat productive, mostly looking for a better job in Chi-Town.

Also, if I could crash on someones couch for a night that would help.

But I'm not going to worry about that from tomorrow. I've got a meeting to go to that will really determine if I can make it Saturday or not.

I have the misfortune of living too far from anywhere... :(

Also, I probably won't pick up CSX for a while. There are three big games coming out and CsX came in 3rd... So... yeah.

I can't have you showing up and the only practice you have is casual play at a venue for a few hours once a month. If you can make it Saturday, I will have a copy of CSX waiting for you or at least the cash to get it (Shoutouts to tax return!) I know online is... online but I'll play a few matches with you when you're available so you can get back up to speed. And it seriously looks like I'll be getting a hotel this weekend in Northbrook since I kinda want to stay there longer than 10PM... So I'm definently going to be staying the night at a nearby hotel this weekend.

If you're comfortable with sharing a hotel for the night, you can crash where I'll be staying depending on if you're able to go that is.

Look at you guys being productive. It's adorable.

Nice to see Heroic_Legacy around. It's a name that's hard as hell to forget! :)

I may have another interested party. However, he is a Tekken player(might be able to convert him to the dark side hehe). Not sure if he can go at all but I mentioned it and he said he would think about it. I would imagine there are games of all varieties going on at these venues and not just what we bring? I am not sure how it works exactly since I lack the firsthand experience. I would just hate to bring friends who like other particular games and not have their preferences sated to an adequate degree.

Also, as far as recording, which is something I would like to do, do their setups have proper outputs for SD recording? HD is nice but it is an absolute memory hog. Not that anyone wants to play in SD though. We have time to iron out details so it's no rush.

Sorry for this long post.~

I'm not going to lie, I haven't seen a Tekken 6.1 setup at Nickel City yet. I have seen a few really strong players for it at GGA on Thursdays but they are very few and far between. I know the Tekken players will be at GGA today according to their thread on Tekken Zaibatsu if he'd go to that.

I'm not really sure how recording is handled/done at all, but I can say that we run usually all setups at 720. No CRTs here unless someone puts in the effort to bring a good ol tube to play Guilty Gear on. (Which can happen sometimes). I do know that Nickel City has 5 EVO Monitors for us on Saturdays that are free for us to use, just require a system/HDMI cord to be put to use. If you get there later than the opening however you're probably going to have to supply your own monitor. I think we get around...4-5 extra monitors per saturday.

Also every Thursday and soon to be every Saturday will be streamed. Not this weekend because our streamer will be at Final Round to A. Represent team GGA (GGA sponsors MK players) and B. Record matches/hotel room money matches

There was a TK6 setup at NC like...the very first week. Haven't seen one since then.

Re: recording and such, yeah we pretty much always do 720 HDMI setups to Asus monitors. I have a reliable HDMI splitter that I had people test on AE at NC a few weeks back and everyone said it was fine in terms of not adding any lag. I have a full recording setup but atm I'm not that into dragging my entire rig over to NC, but I can think about it if it's something that people really want done. Usually I just scrap the raw footage once I upload things to yt to cut down on storage needs.

And @ HL: was Medina taking Saturdays? I was looking into streaming them myself but don't have a full setup yet, still need one more splitter and mics/webcams/audio mixer.

Edit: I should have noted re: TK6, if your friend has a console/monitor he's willing to bring he can pretty much setup what he wants, the only thing I'd recommend bringing that's out of the ordinary is maybe a power strip and maybe an extension cord. I haven't been there in a few weeks but I know they were going to make the table situation a bit better for us, but it seemed like they were low on power strips.

Well thanks for the input guys. I suppose I would have to rig up an HD recording situation then. Not a problem it just hogs tons of hard drive space. And after a few hours..... Ya… Unless maybe we just recorded later matches and "brackets" and whatnot. I don't know.

I use a Hauppauge for recording as well. I am going to test to see how well it records to an external hard drive(I am not expecting good results) this weekend I think. My internal drives would cry supporting that much HD footage haha. I also generally scrap raw footage after uploads. It's just too hard to justify keeping it usually.

As far as the Tekken situation goes: We can figure something out I am sure.

I also use a Hauppauge to record as well. Lucien and I had a 3 hour session recorded and it was about 4 GB in size... Kind of an issue but my computer can handle it and I have tons of space. If necessary, I can bring my laptop/recording equipment/whatever else is needed that I have so that I can assist you in the recording.

I'm currently trying to find a monitor that can support the component hook up and play smoothly so I can record straight off of the monitor to the Hauppauge and capture on my laptop, I have an HDTV that does this but I'd rather have an HD monitor solely devoted to this. I'll look into Best Buy tomorrow and hopefully there's something there I can pick up and use.

Wow this Nickel city thingy seems interesting. Is this a temporary place or a permanent place for our meetings? Or is it undecided yet. Unfortunally i wont be able to make it to this saturday ( which sucks since last saturday was a blast) this time, got a speech to prepare for class :(

Hopefully this is a permanent change for a venue since its so much cheaper. We'll see after we give it a shot, but it's looking good as of right now.