Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Shinsyn

The Illinois Thread: We Play Everything!

What the heck exactly happened with P4U2 at GGA?

Also, who wants to play DFC? :0

People reported matches wrong and then some people in it had to leave.

I updated that for you. Thanks!  If anyone has any outdated info that needs to be changed, let me know.

My Persona Characters should be changed to Minazuki/Naoto, and Jin should still be listed in BlazBlue. If we're just listing one, I'd prefer to have Jin over Azrael. There's also some typos like the missing "r" in Aurora and the PSN label not being blue.

I'll be in town for a bit soon, and I'm interested in seeing how far I've come in Ultimax just playing netplay.

So where in Illinois do these take place these days? I might come up someday if it's close enough, I live in Iowa right across the bridge from it.

So where in Illinois do these take place these days? I might come up someday if it's close enough, I live in Iowa right across the bridge from it.

See the first page.  The two main places right now are Galloping Ghost Arcade on Friday and Ignite on Monday.  I'm not aware of any meetups in Illinois outside the Chicagoland area.

See the first page.  The two main places right now are Galloping Ghost Arcade on Friday and Ignite on Monday.  I'm not aware of any meetups in Illinois outside the Chicagoland area.

It's only 4 hours from here, I'm sure it'll be worth it if I want anything but netplay

Are we still having a weekly at GGA this Friday? I know that Nani Sore is on Saturday, but I'd still be willing to come out on Friday as well for some practice before hand. I've finally recovered from the plague that has been keeping me at home for the past week and need to get some practice in before the Monthly.

I updated that for you. Thanks!  If anyone has any outdated info that needs to be changed, let me know.

I just noticed my twitter and youtube aren't on the first post

twitter: @a_crimefighter

youtube: Andrew Crimefighter

Also my DFC character will probably never not be akira if we're adding those

Are we still having a weekly at GGA this Friday? I know that Nani Sore is on Saturday, but I'd still be willing to come out on Friday as well for some practice before hand. I've finally recovered from the plague that has been keeping me at home for the past week and need to get some practice in before the Monthly.

I'd like to go if the other regulars are willing to make it.  Play some P4, arcana heart, and DFC

I'll go as long as I get a ride. Also people should let me know if they would enter an aquapazza side tournament at nani. Cause I wanna run one.

If my new stick comes in I'll go but I need a ride . No one lives on the Southside and taking the bus or train back is a fail

Cool. Glad to see that we'll have some people coming out on Friday as well. Hope you can make it, Xerocool. I don't think I've gotten a chance to play against you yet.

Unrelated: I am going to post my information here to be added to the Player Roster, since I finally made a Dustloop account.

Dustloop: Fabama

• Name: Josh
  • Twitter: @Fabama08
  • Twitch: Fabama09
  • Youtube: Fabama08
  • Transportation: Car
  • PSN/XBL: Fabama09/Fabama
  • P4A:  :ballJU:
  • BB:  :HA:
  • GG:  :VE:
  • UNIEL: Gordeau
  • TTT2: Lars/Leo

h-hey everyone, it's time for a special pre-weekend results post going into NANI SORE? Featuring possibly my worst tournament performance to date. Even rigging the brackets constantly and remorselessly wasn't enough to save me this time.

GGA UNIEL (8 entrants)
1) Wilfooooo
2) MightyMar
3) Heroic Legacy
4) Not a Rapper... nevermind, it's Exia
5) RoyalRecon
5) Kazmer
7) Callisto
7) Zerashi

GGA DFC (11 entrants)
1) BFH
2) Heroic Legacy
3) MightyMar
4) Shinsyn
5) Zinac
5) Akira the Don
7) Royal Recon
7) Wilfooooo
9) Callisto
9) Kazmer
9) Zerashi

Ignite BBCP (5 teams)
1) Why are we here? (ShinSyn + Heroic Legacy)
2) 99 Bulls (NobodyEXE + Gekioh)
3) Where are the other two buttons? (Callisto + Flying V)
4) The frog was not hurt because he doesn't believe in ripple magic (Fabama + Kizzer)
5) Megaman's 4 week journey to gain 4 inches (BFH + Uncle Buckus)

Ignite P4U2 (6 teams)
1) I Can't Stop Cumming Inside My Little Sister (NobodyEXE + Kizzer)
2) Bows 2: Electric Boogaloo (ShinSyn + Duckator)
3) Banned from TYM (Heroic Legacy + Wiredgod)
4) Not another shitty book name (Fabama + Uncle Buckus)
5) Splashberry Mountain (BFH + Kazmer)
5) DP University (Crimefighter + Nach0)

Well it has been awhile since I last posted here. About a year and a half I would say. Well I havent touched a fighting game since then, but with the new Guilty Gear around the corner hyping me up I decided to make an attempt to come back. Unfortunatly I get out of work at 10 or 11 on weekdays. So just curious how late do you guys stay at ignite and GGA?

for both venues they stay open till 2AM, a lot of people leave early, but there's usually a few who stick around. Shinsyn also occasionally hosts guilty gear meetups on weekends, so you might want to talk to him about that

Anyway, Nani Sore aquapazza side tournament results

1) Crimefighter (Manaka&Octavia)

2) Duckator (Chizuru&Rina)

3) Bunnies from hell* (Karulau&Satsuki)

4) CTY (Sasara&ma-ryan)

5) Fabama (Touka&Rina)

6) Wilfooooooooooon(Touka&Rina)

*Bunnies from hell had to DQ himself while in winners finals

I'm debating adding GGAC+R to the 2on2 rotation, but that depends on the plan for when GGXrd hits, as I'd like both games to survive. BBCP is definitely out of the rotation in the future in light of extreme distaste among the playerbase for 2.0, this on top of local general distaste for 1.1 and lack of enthusiasm for 2.0. As I see it, we'll probably have to increase the size of the rotation. I've thought of the following practical choices, and I'd like to hear some opinions about what everyone would prefer.

In all likelihood, UNIEL and P4U2 are staying in the rotation no matter what else we do. They are incidentally next week's games, so the rotation is currently not affected in any way, but it'll change soon (as early as next week).

Option 1) The rotation becomes a 4-game rotation, with DFC added as well as one Guilty Gear game, Xrd (if I change this early on, AC+R until Xrd's release).

a) The rotation is played out exactly as before, swapping one game out and one game in, except now we have four games. This means each game has two weeks of downtime, but retains the current structure of two weeks of uptime.

b) The rotation is handled a little differently, running one French Bread game (UNIEL and DFC) alongside one ASW game (P4U2 and GG) each week. Each game has one week of uptime, one week of downtime.

c) We run more tournaments. 3 games a week, with only one game sitting out each week. Each game has three weeks of uptime, one week of downtime.

Option 2) The rotation becomes a 4-game rotation, with both GGAC+R and GGXrd added to the rotation.

a) The rotation is played out exactly as before, swapping one game out and one game in, except now we have four games. This means each game has two weeks of downtime, but retains the current structure of two weeks of uptime.

b) The rotation is handled a little differently, running one non-GG game (UNIEL and P4U2) alongside one GG game (+R and Xrd). Each game has one week of uptime, one week of downtime.

c) We run more tournaments. 3 games a week, with only one game sitting out each week. Each game has three weeks of uptime, one week of downtime.

Option 3) The rotation becomes a 5-game rotation, adding all three of DFC, AC+R and Xrd to the rotation.

a) The rotation is played out exactly as before, swapping one game out and one game in each week, except that now we have a whopping FIVE games. This means that each game has THREE weeks of downtime, and two weeks of uptime.

b) The rotation is handled a little differently, running two non-GG games (Rotating between UNIEL, P4U2, and DFC) alongside one GG game (+R and Xrd).

c?) there are so many ways you could do this. i guess you're allowed to voice your opinion and tell me i should change which GG is on according to whether it's snowing that day, or include DFC only when someone died in an anime this week to honor their memory, or something else that i won't do, but i'd really rather not go into that right now. this is a rough time in my life ok. please understand

For my part, I generally see option 3 as kind of awful considering this is a weekly one night event that's intended to allow each game to retain its momentum over a long period of time. However, GGXrd is NOT a direct replacement for +R, and I'd personally like to see it treated as such. DFC meanwhile is picking up steam as a fun game that we seem to be enjoying, even if it's not one that many (if any) of us are playing as our main game per se. DFC also strikes me as particularly in danger of losing its momentum, and I'd very much like to prevent that if everyone would like to keep playing it. This is a hard choice and I frankly don't want to be the only one to make it.

Also there were no tournaments outside of NANI SORE this week, so no results.

(Also I played Rina assist the whole way through Aquapazza, and I might have picked Kamyu one time, I forget, but I remember thinking very very hard about doing it.)

For purely selfish reasons, I am in favor of Option 1. I intend on learning Xrd once it comes out, but don't really have any intention of learning AC +R beyond what I know now. I don't speak for the Chicago GG community though, and if they'd appreciate a chance to still play +R alongside XRD, I'd be just fine with Option 2.

I'm not suggesting holding any tournaments, but how interested would people be in playing some Vampire Savior?  This is my new favorite fighting game, even though I'm bad at it

How serious are people about DFC?

I know Brightside and Yosh really like it, A lot of other people seem to have fun but aren't too serious.

I'm thinking maybe we should run 2v2s for games that don't get attention at gga.

So if we keep running UNiB and persona at GGA and add XRD then at ignite we do 2v2s for +r and DFC (also maybe arcana for rotation?). UNiB and persona don't really need 2 tournaments a week.

Of the options listed I'm cool with anything that isn't option 3 or involves 3 tournaments. I'd rather let +R live though because #WhensBridget?

Made an FBC thread. Nothing new, just general info

http://www.dustloop.com/forums/index.php?/topic/9822-dec-20-the-fight-before-christmas-chicago-il/#entry867029

Also, when Xrd drops I miiiiigggghhhhtttt do weeklies for it. Maybe alongside RFR, maybe bi-weekly, idk. If I do run it/stream it I would prefer to not have it be a free tournament, but it's tough to say what the feeling is on that amongst the players. Although you'd hope that OG's and new folks alike would be in on it too. Jus throwing that out there.