Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Shinsyn

The Illinois Thread: We Play Everything!

No. I wouldn't recommend that. As much as it's annoying, I really wouldn't feel anymore comfortable getting law enforcement involved. I don't think that's necessary.

The easiest thing we can do is just play it cool, and keep a hold of our sticks while we're not using them. Also, delete HDR from your setup if you think it's necessary (I don't have it, so I'm okay). He's really not there almost ever in my experience, so I wouldn't take any kind of drastic measures.

Don't call the cops.  If he tries to peddle drugs or booze, let the GGA or ignite management deal with him.  If he changes setups, be firm and tell him to change it back and that you simply can't do that without permission.  If he asks for permission, tell him no.  Also don't let him borrow your stick

I have seen him at Ignite more than GGA. I haven't gotten to come out to Ignite lately because of class, so I didn't know if this was a constant thing there.

As far as the changing tournament setups thing goes, I have debated setting up a Parental Control password and setting the filter to the lowest level so you need the password to start up any game. If it is necessary, that's an option. I am not going to do so at the moment, because I am generally in favor of letting people play what they want on my setup, within reason.

I don't know of a definite solution, but I would hesitate to get the police involved. If necessary, you can always report it to the venue and let them sort it out how they wish.

As far as the changing tournament setups thing goes, I have debated setting up a Parental Control password and setting the filter to the lowest level so you need the password to start up any game. If it is necessary, that's an option. I am not going to do so at the moment, because I am generally in favor of letting people play what they want on my setup, within reason.

It's a problem if you really have to go to length of doing this, but I'm not exactly sure what else can be done about it besides always paying attention to your console

Anyway, people should delete HDR on their setups if they have it.  It's not too big a file to download again later if you want it back

I think capcom pulled HDR from psn, so maybe don't delete it

You can still download stuff you deleted and has been pulled from the store by going to your download history.  At least on PS3

What are the two places people go on Fridays again? 1 was GGA what was the other one?

Ignite.  It's on the first page

Announcing the Link Card League

A series of free single elim tournaments to be held at both ignite and GGA, points will be given out based on placement, at the end of the series (whenever that is) there'll be some kind of special exhibition (probably streamed at GGA after Xrd some day) with the players who have the most points.

Games will be rotated, one tournament a night with Aquapazza and Chaos Code: New Sign of Catastrophe being for sure, and probably at least one more to be added. The tournaments will be run by Lloyd/bunnies from hell so if you have questions direct them to him via twitter or something. If you don't feel like doing that I can probably answer them here.

Ignite unib results:

First: LCL Bunniesfromhell (byakuya)

Second: CPzL Crimefighter (chaos)

Third: Jason (gord)

Fourth: JVO (gord)

Fifth: Xaq (hilda)

FF Elvenshadow (merk)

Mighty Mar (merk)

Spidey Mikey (elt)

Ninth: Kazmer (merk)

Link Card League kicks off with about as many entrants as I expected for the first one! I'll be running the same games at GGA, on a separate ranking list, and we'll have a finals bracket among the ranking winners of both venues at the end of the season with pot bonuses (probably befitting of a free tournament, but pot bonuses nonetheless). I'm still not quite sure yet if the end of the season is going to coincide with the end of the IGL ranbat season or with a GGA monthly, but I'll announce that once it's all figured out. Here are the results for 2/23:

Chaos Code NSC (3 entrants)

1) BunniesFromHell (Hermes)

2) MightyMar (Kagari)

3) CPzL Crimefighter (Cait and Sith)

Aquapazza (4 entrants)

1) BunniesFromHell (Karulau)

2) CPzL Crimefighter (Manaka)

3) MightyMar (Tamaki)

4) JVO (Arawn?)

I encourage everyone who's interested in CC and AP to enter these tournaments even if you're still learning. They're free and you'll get ranking points regardless of placement, plus you get to play these great games! Chaos Code is its own reward.

I encourage everyone who's interested in CC and AP to enter these tournaments even if you're still learning. They're free and you'll get ranking points regardless of placement, plus you get to play these great games! Chaos Code is its own reward.

I'm down.  I could also use some tutoring from everyone in UNIEL on friday.

Hey, this is Mr. K from St. Louis. I had a lot of fun at Frosty Faustings and I'm always looking for people to netplay in Xrd. If you guys do anything bigger than a weekly, let me know and I'll try to make it out.

so is there going to be an aquapazza tournament tomorrow?  I will think about going to GGA(?) if there is!

I guess we'll play some aquapazza then.   :)

GGA unib results

1st bunniesfromhell (byakuya)

2nd wilfoooooooooo (gord)

3rd magnets (elt)

4th crimefighter (chaos)

5th fabama (gord)

5th malice (hyde)

7th frankentank (wald)

7th shinsyn (had to be dq'd because he's too good at xrd)

9th wired (hilda)

GGA chaos code results

1st bunniesfromhell (hermes)

2nd crimefighter (brother-kun and sister-chan (aka cait and sith))

3rd wilfooooooooooooo (mg hikaru)

4th fabama (vein)

5th wired (rui)

5th magnets (cerberus)

7th RM truth (kagari)

7th frankentank (bravo)

9th malice (cerberus)

GGA Aquapazza results

1st bunniesfromhell (karulau & rina)

2nd crimefighter (manaka & octavia/rathty)

3rd fabama (touka & rina)

4th RM truth (oboro & uthury)

5th frankentank (tamaki & ma ryan)

5th wired (multi & ?)

7th wilfooooooooooooooooooo (touka & rina)

7th magnets (tamaki & ulthury)

If I got anyone's character wrong lmk

Hey y'all, it's the UNIEL and Link Card League results for IGL tournaments of March 2nd.

UNIEL

1) NobodyEXE (Gordeau)

2) BunniesFromHell (Byakuya)

3) MightyMar (Merkava)

4) Grant (Yuzu)

5) ShinSyn (Byakuya)

5) JVO (Gordeau)

7) ElvenShadow (Merkava)

7) Xerocool (?)

9) Crimefighter (Chaos)

9) Spideymikey (Eltnum)

LCL Chaos Code NSC

1) BunniesFromHell (Hermes)

2) Crimefighter (C&S)

3) MightyMar (Kagari)

4) JVO (Hikaru)

5) Xerocool (Hermes/Cthylla?)

LCL Aquapazza

1) BunniesFromHell (Karulau and Rina)

2) Grant (Manaka and Yuki)

3) Xerocool (Oboro and ?)

4) JVO (?)

5) Crimefighter (Manaka and Octavia/Rathty)

If anyone wants their characters added to the results they can feel free to get in touch with me, I just didn't see enough of the matches to know. Busy busy night. Looking forward to the GGA tournaments for CC and AP again though, I'm really glad with the enthusiasm these games are getting with regular tournaments.