Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Shinsyn

The Illinois Thread: We Play Everything!

There's no plans for anime stuff as far as I know, but I'm not involved with ignite, so if they have anything planed I wouldn't know

There's a place in Evanston (Elysium games, 1610 Maple Ave.) that is down to host casuals (would be on thursdays), but they don't have monitors (they have 2 HD TVs that we could use, but nothing else). They said they'll wave venue fee for anyone who brings a full setup though. If turnout's good they'll look into investing into some monitors, it's just that as of right now they're mainly a tabletop/card game venue (although they also hold melee tournaments). So if you could bring a monitor there post here so we'll know if we have enough set-ups to be able to get something going

Results from the ignite bb tournament

1st nobodyexe

2nd woocash

3rd shinsin

4th exia

5th callisto

5th kizzercrate

7th sweetxjam

7th yogandalo

9th CTY

9th TAS|LaSombra

9th LCL|BFH

1st nobodyexe

2nd woocash

3rd shinsin

4th exia

5th callisto

5th kizzercrate

7th sweetxjam

7th yogandalo

9th CTY

9th TAS|LaSombra

9th LCL|BFH

Sent from my D5803 using Tapatalk

1st nobodyexe

2nd woocash

3rd shinsin

4th exia

5th callisto

5th kizzercrate

7th sweetxjam

7th yogandalo

9th CTY

9th TAS|LaSombra

9th LCL|BFH

Starting on the first of december Elysium games in evanston is going to be hosting anime stuff every other thursday. Venue is $5 but it's waved if you bring a full setup (including monitor), stuff officially starts at 7, tournaments would likely start ~8. From the looks of who's said they're gonna come we'll probably do a blazbue tournament and if people come for xrd or any other game I'm happy to run stuff for those games too. Tournament will be singles $5 entry casual play is, of course, fine. Next monday I'll be running another BB bracket at ignite, most likely a free 2v2, but if turnout is smaller we'll do a 1v1. I want to start the bracket a little earlier (~8) so that there's time to run something else (I was thinking a chaos code bracket)

We haven't been getting very good turnout at Elysium, so if the next meetup doesn't get very good turnout we probably wont have any more. It wont be until January because of the holiday season. If anyone has opinions on weather we should do it on the 5th or hold off till the 12th lmk, the date still isn't set in stone

Turnout at Elysium has picked up, so now it's going to be a weekly meetup. Next one will be on the 12th. If you bring a setup (monitor+console) that we end up using for tournament venue is waved, otherwise $5. Tournaments are $5 entry. Also we've been running BB tournaments at ignite and the plan is to keep doing that.

Since the last post we've switched days at Elysium to Sunday (doors open at 11AM, tournaments start at 4 (first GG, then BB afterwards), the shop closes at 11PM). Also ShinSin and I have started a chicago AFGC twitter you can follow to stay posted on events and results from locals https://twitter.com/ChicagoAFGC 

Hey everyone!

Just moved to Evanston (starting at NW) from the SF bay area. I used to play there with the NorCal Dogfight crew. Looking for new people to play with!!

Have been out of touch with scene since GG AC+R (RIP) but I'm down to learn to play anything. Also I'm a fairly quick learner ;)