Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Sahgren

[CSE] Noel vs. Valkenhayn

Match Up Ranking: To Be Discussed.

Recommended Playstyle: To Be Discussed.

Your Best Tools:

In wolf form on the ground 2A should be the poke of choice. Not much he can do about that, beats his jab range and recovers quick enough on whiff.

General Strategy: To Be Discussed.

Has A DP?: No. His [h]6A has full body guardpoint at frames 5-12 though, so it can hit you out of Chain Revolver and staggers.

Has A DP With Heat?: Sturm Wolf (ground super) is invincible from frame 1, but is unsafe on block/whiff.

Things To Look Out For:

As a human watch the range of 5C, if he gets predictable with it 3C is free.

Notes: If [h] is before notation it means Valk is in human form. Similarly, [w] means he's in wolf form.

Nacht Jager (236A) is one of the only moves in the game I've seen beat TK revolver blast clean. Might be a timing thing though.

It shouldn't have to be said really, but don't think wake up super or random air super is free if he's in wolf form. He can actually do multiple backflips over Thor without touching the ground to avoid it. Just throwing that out there.

When caught in his high/low mix up it can be tempting to mash it (and honestly, it might even work the first few times) but it can and will be baited.

Really, no information in this thread? Well I'm a bit bored at work so I guess I can jot down some stuff. Maybe I'll do a different character every day lol, nothing crazy indepth. I'm supposed to be doing invoices~

Well first off saying that he has no real DP is correct, but his 6A has super armor and can function as a makeshift DP. Doesn't really work on wake up, but he can 6A for free in the middle of Chain Revolver. (Though from what I can tell there's still some timing involved.) You will eat around 3k meterless so be careful with that.

In wolf form on the ground 2A should be the poke of choice. Not much he can do about that, beats his jab range and recovers quick enough on whiff.

As a human watch the range of 5C, if he gets predictable with it 3C is free.

Nacht Jager (236A) is one of the only moves in the game I've seen beat TK revolver blast clean. Might be a timing thing though.

It shouldn't have to be said really, but don't think wake up super or random air super is free if he's in wolf form. He can actually do multiple backflips over Thor without touching the ground to avoid it. Just throwing that out there.

When caught in his high/low mix up it can be tempting to mash it (and honestly, it might even work the first few times) but it can and will be baited.

It's possible I might do a really in depth writeup about this matchup in the future, it's one of my favorites even though his high/low is one of the things I hate most about this game.

I think one of the most important things to remember in this matchup is to not be afraid of the Wolf Form. Yes, it's very fast, very potent, and gives him an awesome mixup game, but you don't have to be afraid of it. A lot of times, especially if you block König Wolf, you'll be able to get a 5A or 2A out to smack him. Just respect Wolf Form and his mixups enough to block it, but don't be so afraid as to not try and get a 5A or 2A out.

Main point is to just respect Valk's mixups, but don't be afraid of it.

Oh well, had I known you were gonna edit the first post I would've gone more in depth sorry. I was just a bit bored at work and thinking about the matchup. Give me a bit.

I'll edit the first post as people post. It's just weird having every slot filled with "To Be Discussed" when there're posts discussing the topic.

Thanks for the info; every bit helps.