Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

HexaNoid

[CSE] Noel vs. Lambda

DtJTd.png

Match Up Ranking: To Be Discussed.

Recommended Playstyle: To Be Discussed.

Your Best Tools: To Be Discussed.

General Strategy: To Be Discussed.

Has A DP?: No.

Has A DP With Heat?: Calamity Sword (632146D) - 1~1f after superflash fully invincible.

Things To Look Out For: To Be Discussed.

What's the best way to deal with Spike Chaser?

I find myself blocking a seemingly endless stream of these with no way to punish her for it.

Spike Chaser is annoying but there are some ways to deal with it.

My Favorite is Optic Barrel, if you are close enough to tag her with it, you get a free approach due to knockdown, if you wanna be a tad more fancy, you can Projectile Clash the Spikes with OB and cancel both of them out.

When in doubt, just Super Double Jump Barrier, sure it will give Lambda a free 2D attempt, but you wont lose a primer at the very least.

Also note that the OB solutions are on reaction, if you see her start it up, throw out an OB(if you wanna hit her) or throw out an 236B after the spikes release to cancel them out.

If she decides to throw them out at close range(I dunno maybe to bait a drive or something) you can either Microdash 5A > 6A combo(if you can react to it fast enough), or if you're a bit too slow on the draw, you can 5B > Jump Barrier, which is if the spikes keep coming out after you tag her.

I find Optic Barrel is one of the best tools Noel has against Lambda. You don't wanna spam them, but use them in spots to control spaces that Lambda wants to move to.

If she decides to throw them out at close range(I dunno maybe to bait a drive or something)

99% of the time if she does it at close range it's because she fucked up the overhead Crescent.

99% of the time if she does it at close range it's because she fucked up the overhead Crescent.

Eh, I try to assume the opponent doesn't make mistakes like that while giving advice, though you're probably 100% correct lol.