Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

C0R

[CSE] µ12 Moe~Moe~Kyun~Kyun Discussion - Storymode v3

6C FC > 66A > 6B > 66A > j.2C > 662C > 5C > SoD > 665C > 2C > j.C > j.2C > j.6D > 2B > 5C > 2C > j.2C > 2C > (5C > Yata no Kagami > j.2C > ) Omohikane

This one is pretty easy. Dunno how much that does off the top of my head but I think it's over 5k. You can indeed still dash 6A without the need for habacan/5D etc.

I do something similar to this for midscreen to corner, but it's when you're behind that player starting position and can't get the SoD wallbound that I'm not sure what to do. I'll practice C0R's combo and try to stick a habacan > stuff > ender after the 2C otg or something.

I do something similar to this for midscreen to corner, but it's when you're behind that player starting position and can't get the SoD wallbound that I'm not sure what to do. I'll practice C0R's combo and try to stick a habacan > stuff > ender after the 2C otg or something.

If you're behind the p1 starting position you can do something like...

6c FC > 5d > (recover) > 66~5c > 2c > j.2c > 66~2c otg > IAD j.b > j.c > j.2c > SoD > ...

Turns out I won't be able to stream tonight, I didn't realize someone else had the equipment.

^^

Bleh... at least Kurushii's got his stream going tonight. It shall sate my desire for BB right now.

Stupid wireless router keeping my 360 offline... coupled with how today went, I can totally get into Mu's mindset of destroying the world.

Blarg

Seconded.

I wanted to see some Mu action and herass with a dozen questions! <3

Bleh... at least Kurushii's got his stream going tonight. It shall sate my desire for BB right now.

Stupid wireless router keeping my 360 offline... coupled with how today went, I can totally get into Mu's mindset of destroying the world.

Ew, that sucks. I quit playing one day because my internet was being extremely odd.

I played a little today in Trigger CS2 (I need sleep), and practiced the DP motions and used it a few times on a blocking opponent. I got it down and found it, but next step is pretty much getting that lodged into my head and muscle memory so when my brain goes "DP!" I DP properly. Still I dunno if I could ever use it mid-combo effectively just because the motion is very awkward to do from the 1P side. I don't get why, but it just is for me. /: I don't even hit the sides of the gate, but oh well.

Granted I did a little tinkering with other characters at random while netplaying in CS2 besides Mu (I was playing with a friend whose copy of Extend hadn't come in yet). Did a little Lambda playing, almost pulled off the whole ground to air D combo, but failed to execute the j.236D move at the end properly. It was fun. Even messed with Makoto and realized how different CS2 and Ex versions are.

Think that playing the old game throws me off sometimes. /: Certain moves feel slightly different between CS2 and Extend, eventhough I don't know what they changes made were...

:yawn:

I'm going to bed tho. Figured I'd talk a little and ramble or something after watching yet another annoying episode of Another...

I don't have the game for 360 yet, not sure if I will or not since I already have it on ps3...

Maybe this might sound a bit dumb, but what's Mu's playstyle? what's her goal in the match or where does she excel? thanks guys

Make some space between you and your opponent, then play safe and make an obstacle course for them... until you fight an extremely solid opponent, then it becomes run away and space with j.c, occasional steins and 236a, go in for mixup only if ever you find a safe place to send a 236d. If you catch them midscreen with meter or in the corner glorious damage into glorious oki.

Anyways that's how I see it, Mu is pretty versatile so you can do pretty much whatever you want, depending on the matchup.

I see, thanks man. The thing is I used to play Millia waaay back in AC, and Im kinda looking for a char like her, with good mixups/okizeme and decent mobility, I was between valken and Mu, so I havent really made my choice yet, but thanks for the tips.

Valk is waaaay closer to AC millia than mu, he has that "bullshit unreactable mixup" into more of it. Mu's mixup is good because she has very rewarding frametraps and confusing projectile oki setups similar to dizzy's. For example, catch a jump out in the corner and get a 60% combo. I find Mu's mobility is good because her long range and stein support give your opponent the impression that you control the space. Watch videos from the japanese player "sakuma" if you want a good demonstration.

I wouldn't really compare her to millia either, and that is based on how little I got to play her in ac+.

I kind of like her ability to really play mind games. You can drop combos nicely to bait for a burst, and movement is pretty nice with a fair bit of defensive play options. I have even taken advantage of steins and arrows to get someone to block, in which i would charge in with a 2b,to led into a small combo to launch 'em away. Either that, or I'd grab for a throw, which gives fair space as well for another arrows or just get away. I dunno since I am still messing around with things...

Mu is rarely burst safe and it's hard to bait unless your fighting an idiot or you FC'd them

6c FC > 5d > (recover) > 66~5c > 2c > j.2c > 66~2c otg > IAD j.b > j.c > j.2c > SoD > ...

This combo sounds hot, but any tips for the IAD? Is it a sjIAD or do I have to suck less at buffering?

This combo sounds hot, but any tips for the IAD? Is it a sjIAD or do I have to suck less at buffering?

Super tight, only works on FC, pretty hard; you can do 2c j.b j.c j.2c for the same results but a little less space coverage.

What does IAD stand for? :kitty:

I'll probably facepalm when I get the answer.

That's a sweet combo indeed though, and nice video too. I'm going to just be silly and ask that's pretty much just the corner combo for Mu, I take it?

...This is something I have never really asked for help with. I have this extremely bad habit of backdashing the wrong times, which allows me to get air grabbed before I can do anything get hit. I think my mobility is lacking with mu. How do I work on this? I know I should probably train with someone on this but I was wondering if there were other ways as well. This is something I want to work on as well so I'm being honest and serious with this.

Also have this problem with Lambda and I really want to improve it.

What does IAD stand for? :kitty:

I'll probably facepalm when I get the answer.

That's a sweet combo indeed though, and nice video too. I'm going to just be silly and ask that's pretty much just the corner combo for Mu, I take it?

IAD - I think it's instant air dash or instant aerial dash.

You mean air backdashing a lot? With mobility, just try to mix it up a lot. Instead of air backdashing, try a ground backdash (Mu's backdash is very solid). Or surprise them by being aggressive and IAD'ing with jB. Or when you IAD back, use jA to beat out their airthrow. Or dash forward to get under them, with barrier brake to kind of react to what they'll do. With Mu especially I make it a point to kind of play Street Fighter and be aware of my normals and their maximum range at all times. I.E. if they're beyond the safe range of 5C/2C, I'll use 6A or 2B. And if I know I probably can't beat out their normal I'll just use Mu's mobility to adjust my position. (like vs Ragna jC, Jin jB, Hakumen, some of Tager's air normals, etc). It might seem kind of basic but just being aware of these kind of fundamental things can help out tremendously when combined with your movement. I know I have trouble against hyper-aggressive "no-fucks" players and that's when I really try to mix it up and go hardcore spacing on them. I hope this helps. :v:

IAD - I think it's instant air dash or instant aerial dash.

~blank look~

How does one do that?

I know I have trouble against hyper-aggressive "no-fucks" players and that's when I really try to mix it up and go hardcore spacing on them.

This is what I try to do as well...

Sometimes it can be a pain against people who can cover distance well and play this way.

Such as a friend I know who plays Valkenhayn.

You mean air backdashing a lot? With mobility, just try to mix it up a lot. Instead of air backdashing, try a ground backdash (Mu's backdash is very solid). Or surprise them by being aggressive and IAD'ing with jB. Or when you IAD back, use jA to beat out their airthrow. Or dash forward to get under them, with barrier brake to kind of react to what they'll do. With Mu especially I make it a point to kind of play Street Fighter and be aware of my normals and their maximum range at all times. I.E. if they're beyond the safe range of 5C/2C, I'll use 6A or 2B. And if I know I probably can't beat out their normal I'll just use Mu's mobility to adjust my position. (like vs Ragna jC, Jin jB, Hakumen, some of Tager's air normals, etc). It might seem kind of basic but just being aware of these kind of fundamental things can help out tremendously when combined with your movement. I know I have trouble against hyper-aggressive "no-fucks" players and that's when I really try to mix it up and go hardcore spacing on them. I hope this helps. :v:

This definitely helped. I've just been having trouble with mobility as of late.